Which music..

nirvana
finch
foo fighters
incubus (old stuff mostly)
the used

rap is shit, isnt music, just some guy talking over some cheap computer generated sounds.

pop is shit, again the cheap computer generated sounds.

hate RnB, country.

Techno, shit, made on computer.

Now rock is where its at (mostly classic rock).

Good Music:

AC/DC
Nirvana
Black Sabbath
Led Zeppelin
Guns and Roses
Pink Floyd
Metallica

And i dont mind some I mother earth.

SenorDingDong: You've got good taste.
consider yourself added to my "have good taste"-list.

HL2 is Rock n' Roll, there really isn't any other way to see it.

And you people who thought different... I forgive you. :cool:

hell no :cheese:

listening to trance is the only way to play fast paced, action packed, first person shooter .. *pause* .. like HL :E

System of a Down, Rage Against the Machine, Jimi Hendrix, Soundgarden, The Beatles, Miguel Migs (deep house), Radiohead, Incubus, Smashing Pumpkins, Audioslave, Everything But the Girl, Foo Fighters, Veruca Salt, old Metallica, some classic rock.

True. Dance music is good to listen too when playing fast paced games. I like listening too music like that when playing BF1942 and in the jeep or plane but otherwise i like the music out of films and stuff which are set in WWII. Or when I'm playing something like TFC i listen to music with a fast beat.

True. In some ways HL2 Embodies Rock 'n' Roll but i don't think thats the only music for it.

Matrix music is good to listen to when playing FPS.
In stuff like DoD I like to listen to the Gladiator/Matrix/Lord of the Rings soundtrack.

A couple of the bands on my Winamp list are Oasis, Feeder, Coldplay, Sugarbabes(say what you want if you know who they are) Beatles, Foo Fighters, A..The list goes on because my music taste is quite varied i.e. I listen to anything that i like the sound of which means that something isn't ruled out because its 'Punk' or 'Dance' I have to say though I don't really listen to 'Rap' or 'Hip Hop' because most of the time I don't like the lyrics. Then theres the likes of Hans Zimmer who did stuff like the black hawk down music and Gladiator.

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow
True. In some ways HL2 Embodies Rock 'n' Roll but i don't think thats the only music for it.

what do you mean? the music from the e3 vid? didnt sound anything like rock to me, sounded more techno'ish, although it sounded great, its in it's own category, "game music" hehe

Well i didn't mean the music on the vid but your right thats its in its own category.

I hope the HL2 music is good. Some people said that HL1 music was bad but i quite liked it.

When i said that it embodies rock i just i don't really know what i was saying. It just felt to me that, that is what it is. Like the whole 'cruising' in the buggy.

ah ok I know what you mean :)
yeah I agree, and I loved the ambiance half life music had, great music :):cheers:

Abom|nation likes a bit of Ska -- i like loadsa sKa:

Bad Manners
Badger Legion (PLUG! [my adopted band] )
Capdown
Less Than Jake
Mad Caddies
Madness
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Operation Ivy
Reel Big Fish
Save Ferris
Spunge
The Skatalites
The Specials
Toasters

but i also enjoy funk, some good old punk (Sex Pistols, Rancid and NOFX) and also Metallica and Rage Against the Machine, o and the Transplants....

Originally posted by mrBadger
Abom|nation likes a bit of Ska -- i like loadsa sKa:

Bad Manners
Badger Legion (PLUG! [my adopted band] )
Capdown
Less Than Jake
Mad Caddies
Madness
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
Operation Ivy
Reel Big Fish
Save Ferris
Spunge
The Skatalites
The Specials
Toasters

but i also enjoy funk, some good old punk (Sex Pistols, Rancid and NOFX) and also Metallica and Rage Against the Machine, o and the Transplants....

Madness and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones are great, too - I love Mighty Mighty Bosstone's version of Enter Sandman ;)

Back