Which on of you bastards is troping?

Jintor

Didn't Get Temp-Banned
Reaction score
Look what I found on TVTropes under CrowningMomentOfAwesome?

#
* HL2.net's Stern Ascension - a guy called Cpt Stern had almost 30000 posts, and for his 29999th post, he made a countdown thread, with everyone Wild Mass Guessing what the next member title is. Then a lot of regulars changed their avatars to the one Stern uses, or a variation (the French Ninja one comes to mind). Stern didn't post for a few days, so needless to say, the forumites got a bit bored and crazy, so Sulkdodds, a 'super mod' and possibly the most active member of staff on the forum went on a rampage, duplicating, merging and creating threads, with such jems as 'Stern's Countdown To Concealed Weapons In Poland' emerging. By time Stern posted, his post cound was reset, his member title was changed to 'sockmonkey' (without capitalization) and Sulkdodds had his mod powers taken away, albeit temporarily - everyone treated him as a martyr, and made requests for him to get his powers back. And so, the status quo was restored, barring a few Continuity Nods, such as Stern's new member title and the community blaming strange happening on 'the Ascension'.

...What the hell?

/EDIT Also, obviously there should be an extra 'e' in the title.

Alright, which on of you did it...

One* sorry... I witnessed said event... it was lame at best to some of the stuff that happens on /b/...

Shit, did I just screw myself?

lulz? I wonder if there is any title for 30,000. Maybe....naaaaaaah

Sure we will.

Those of us who aren't attached to our postcount will some day make it and not make a thread with the sole intent to get it reset.

I have three words for you, and all of them are 'lol'.

What an odd site. I take it that submissions are made by the 'public' and we're wondering who posted Stern's ballyhoo? There'a page history, but I didn't see this in there... maybe the history is only recent.

Just one of you bastards own up, it's obviously a regular.

Back