Which Prince of Persia game is the best? (By Ubisoft)

Warrior Within or The Sands of Time?

• Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
The Sands of Time or Warrior Within?
My vote goes to Warrior Within. There's no more Farah, the useless, pathetic, stupid bitch. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

too me.. they seemed exactly the same thats why I never bought warrior within

Sands of Time.

The goth image drove me through the ceiling in Warrior. I mean, it might be a better game but I really hated the look.

SOT by a mile.

WW was awful compared to SOT.

Sands of Time. Warrior Within feels more like an expansion pack then a new game.

I've never played either- but i've read some reviews and therefore my opinion is valid :D

IMO I prefer the appearance of the first- WW has a dark, gothic feel that looks like it's just been slapped on to appeal to a wider audiance. WW seems like is has better gameplay thouhg, more moves etc.

I'm not going to vote for either- what i AM going to do however- is play the demos for both. :p

First one was a bit better.

Ubi should make one that concentrates heavily on platforming. Those bits are the best in the games IMO.

Sands of Time.

the Prince was cool in that one. Now in WW, he's more like Fred Durst.

I liked the voice acting better in the first, but I think I liked WW better overall. I really liked the atmosphere of the first game, but I didn't see how people saw the second one as 'gothic'. It's darker, but it's a mile off being gothic.

I think PA put it best.

"I'm smoldering with generic rage".

Sands of Time was a masterpiece. I had to turn Warrior Within off.

Definitely Sands of Time. I really liked the atmosphere with the warm colours in Sands of Time, as the acting.
As venturon sayed, the sequel was darker but didnt really have that 'gothic' feeling to it. I played the demo, but it didnt make me want to buy the game.

I played the demo (warrior within), didn't like it. Then I gave the actual game a shot and I didn't like that much either.

I couldn't put Sands of Time down! It was a great game.

I voted for SoT.

I like WW, but they changed a few things for the worse.

In SoT, you have:
- great, challenging puzzles
- a cool main character with an awesome accent
- cool and twisting story
- fun fighting system, but even balance with puzzles

In WW, you have:
- blood and more realistic decapitation (I don't like slicing a guy with a sword 10 times to see him turn into sand. I'm glad the enemies are more human like.)
- effective dual weapon system
- new combat style
- some new moves never seen before, such as using your sword while running along a wall

Those are my main positives for both. I didn't have many complaints about SoT at all, but in WW:

- gameplay is a lot more buggy
- game can crash sometimes, even on a console
- stupid, unfit hardcore music (while I admit the music goes along with the Dahaka chases and all, it's just not the same as SoT, which was great...very Persian)
- hardcore/angry Prince (what happened to the REAL Prince? How the hell can someone drop an accent?)

Don't get me wrong, if you liked SoT, you should love WW, but I wish they had changed and left some things alone.

I like the Prince in this game. We don't have enough bad-ass characters.
I hear people say that the Prince is cliche because he is a lot like those "bad-ass" characters in action movies. People also say that the old Prince was "original" because he was more like a fairy-tale Prince and didn't have the current attitude.
So, out of all the fairy-tale pretty boys, the Prince isn't cliche? Don't we have enough movie-star pretty boys?
I did like his wit. But this Prince allowed everyone have their own fighting style with the free-form system, people wouldn't be able to chop off heads if the Prince remained the same.
Both games are very good, but I like Warrior Within more because it is longer and also for some other reasons.
Note: This is my opinion!
No matter how hard I emphasize, people keep telling me, people always have their own opinion even though I admit to writing stupid bullshit when I say the Prince of Persia forum members are idiots (they really are) and they keep saying that what they said is their opinion even though I clearly state that I know that people have their own opinions. But when I say that the forum members of the PoP community are annoying, whinning pussies, I mean that when they state their opinion, they act like it is a fact and still try to waste bandwidth and go and insult Ubisoft.

Prince of China said:
I like the Prince in this game. We don't have enough bad-ass characters.
I hear people say that the Prince is cliche because he is a lot like those "bad-ass" characters in action movies. People also say that the old Prince was "original" because he was more like a fairy-tale Prince and didn't have the current attitude.
So, out of all the fairy-tale pretty boys, the Prince isn't cliche? Don't we have enough movie-star pretty boys?
I did like his wit. But this Prince allowed everyone have their own fighting style with the free-form system, people wouldn't be able to chop off heads if the Prince remained the same.
Both games are very good, but I like Warrior Within more because it is longer and also for some other reasons.
Note: This is my opinion!
No matter how hard I emphasize, people keep telling me, people always have their own opinion even though I admit to writing stupid bullshit when I say the Prince of Persia forum members are idiots (they really are) and they keep saying that what they said is their opinion even though I clearly state that I know that people have their own opinions. But when I say that the forum members of the PoP community are annoying, whinning pussies, I mean that when they state their opinion, they act like it is a fact and still try to waste bandwidth and go and insult Ubisoft.
Yeah fair enough. And what exactly is this "free-form" fighting system i hear so much about?

Warrior Within slightly edges out past Sands of Time for my favorite mainly because I like the story more than Sands of Time.

Warrior Within is excellent due to multiple endings, Sands of time is great for unlocking another game (PS2 wise, PC only gets one level)

Warrior within seems to have better controls and a better prince, he was an annoying git in the first one, now he's a git with a attitude problem and thats much better. I like both but on a quick decision, Warrior Within goes well ahead.

What do you mean unlocking a new level on pc, i never unlocked a new level, I played it trhough, could someoen say how to go to that new level and how ot unlock it.

It's not really unlocking. There was a level that resembled the first Prince of Persia games. You don't have to beat the game. At the very start, before entiring the room, hold: X, then quickly press: [Space], Left mouse button, E, C, E, Left mouse button and C.
There is no way to beat this level, it's really just for fun. You can get a sword and see a picture of the developers.

warrior within for the beautiful hanging garden section,plus the graphics maxed out with 1600/1024 res just look gr8,the music grates at times although i quite like the music that accompanies the dahaka chase's,the 1st vid you unlock has the song,the lyrics match the princes struggle with his 'fate' quite well,i also like the more 'mature' prince, like on the ship when he gives a reassuring pat on the back to 1 of the sailors and tries to convince kaileena to listen to him its not like he's killing for no reason,in the 1st game his story was more developed though in that at the beginning he was a prince who wanted to prove himself in battle etc and conquer but as he progressed he saw how vile war is bla bla

he was an annoying git in the first one, now he's a git with a attitude problem and thats much better.

i agree,hes grown up more although the 'you bitch' at the start is cringeworthy :dozey:

Back