Who is G-Man ?

Ben

Reaction score
Well, I know who he is but how do you know his name is G-Man, why did he pick Black Mesa? Why Gordan Freeman? Whats G-man's connection with the Xen species? Where did he come from? On HL:1 Why did he have the Black Mesa Image printed on his Suitcase?

Theres so many more questions but I just can't be bothered to ask them? :p

:rolling::rolling:

Nobody really knows. The answers to all of those questions are pretty much up in the air.

Pretty much any character you can think of that has G as the beginning letter. Say, Gordon Freeman, Gonarch, Garden Gnome, Griggs...

Look it up in the G-man theories we have posted on the boards, you'll learn quite a lot about G-man.

Also, we call him G-man because that's his model name in the game's file.

the world is full of misguided idiots (not g(ordon)-man believe it or not) who think that the gman is gordon fremman come back in time, there is however overwhelming evidance against this.

Well, I know who he is but how do you know his name is G-Man, why did he pick Black Mesa? Why Gordan Freeman? Whats G-man's connection with the Xen species? Where did he come from? On HL:1 Why did he have the Black Mesa Image printed on his Suitcase?

First off it is "Gordon" not "Gordan". Second Xen is not a species , its a place.

Now to answer some of that for you. His name was originally found on his model in the original half-life , I believe Valve stated it was a place holder name while they worked on the plot behind the scenes but they have never bothered to properly name him since and carry on using it. He most likely "picked" Black Mesa since they were the only ones who had travelled to Xen at that point. And he might have the Black Mesa logo on his brief case to fit in , not too sure though , he could well have been an employee for all we know.

There is only way I can respond to YET ANOTHER G-Man thread:

FACEPALM!

*Facepalms at Iron Kat's unavailable image.*

Also

*Facepalm at this thread.*

I stopped visiting this section of the forums because of the over abundance of G-man threads and horribly grammar.

Yes, the pun is intended.

*Facepalms at Iron Kat's unavailable image.*

Also

*Facepalm at this thread.*

I have no idea why the image is unavailable. Maybe images from Flickr aren't working at the moment.
Also, @ Nipples: the pun sucks.

the g man is tyler durden, in his spare time away from fight club he offers employment to men in hev suits

The G-Man is Gordon Freeman, of course.
G-Man , Gordon Freeman.

I think the G-man is something that Gordon could become, if he does certain stuff

ahh creme egg your not posting in the lounge!:bounce:

anyway i'm afraid that wont happen

i like to think of him as sort of a businessman who represents a race that we havent met yet. either theyre fighting for the same stuff the combine is or theyve been defeated by the combine before and the gman sees earth as a way to get back at them or rebuild his society.

I'm still wondering what year it will be when we eventually stop with the G-Man theory threads. Maybe about 2015, or would that be too soon?

all these Gman threads just overcrowd all the threads that are worth reading.
Valve obviously intended that no one should know any of these facts about him that people keep guessing at.
Lets see if EP3 brings us more, and maybe then we can have some more gman threads.

Back