whos the better drummer

they all get owned by travis parker...

even though many people hate Blink 182, you must admit that the drummer... erm.. owns?

actually.. animal kicks all their asses!

My Drum Teacher.

I'm serious. He can do rolls faster then Trav Barker can, with one hand. He's a freak. Why he teaches drums instead of being a rockstar...i dont know.

I don't want to sound negative, but Neil Peart kicks the hell out of every drummer who's been listed here, no contest.

Harmonica said:
I don't want to sound negative, but Neil Peart kicks the hell out of every drummer who's been listed here, no contest.

agreed! there is only one ...no one outside of Jon Bohnam has inspired so many air-drummers

I can't say I've heard half the drummers you guys have named but the Pumpkins drummer Jimmy Chamberlin kicks arse :)

neptuneuk said:
they all get owned by travis parker...

even though many people hate Blink 182, you must admit that the drummer... erm.. owns?

actually.. animal kicks all their asses!

Ya, but do something other than just pound on the drums as hard as you can the whole time. A little style..

JiMmEh said:
I can't say I've heard half the drummers you guys have named but the Pumpkins drummer Jimmy Chamberlin kicks arse :)

I agree!

Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater smokes all other drummers.

Neal Peart, John Bonham, and Danny Carey (my friend can play as well as the first two but not the last one), the drummers of Rush, Led Zeppelin, and Tool, respectively, are tied in first for the most skilled of all time, in my book.

hmm.. nobody has mentioned Dave Grohle(sp?) from Queens of the Stoneage :p

Dr. Freeman said:
hmm.. nobody has mentioned Dave Grohle(sp?) from Queens of the Stoneage :p

Yeah, or that guy from Nirvana...what's his name again?

:p

hehe, Dave Grohl's in or was in Queens of the Stone Age, the Foo Fighters, and Nirvana, in reverse chronological order.

Ennui said:
hehe, Dave Grohl's in or was in Queens of the Stone Age, the Foo Fighters, and Nirvana, in reverse chronological order.

yeah but Dave is the drummer only for Queens of the Stoneage.
hes the lead singer of Foo Fighters so that doesn't count.. and i am not sure of Nirvana.. my memory has gone foggy on me :(

Dr. Freeman said:
yeah but Dave is the drummer only for Queens of the Stoneage.
hes the lead singer of Foo Fighters so that doesn't count.. and i am not sure of Nirvana.. my memory has gone foggy on me :(

He was the drummer for Nirvana, in case you didn't figure it out yet. ;)

tommy lee ( motley crue )
or
eric singer ( alice cooper/ kiss )
they may not best but are both much better than blink 182's drummer

That guy from Mayhem, he's an absolutely insane drummer!

I don't play drums or listen to most of these bands, but since my friend is obsessed with his drums I know exactly who everyone you're talking about is.

Slipknots drummer is pretty darn skilled, not fond of their music though ;)

SearanoX said:
Fast does not equal skilled when most of the things being played are pretty simple. Plus, they've also got three percussionists that add to the effect. And, from what I remember, the Slipknot guy uses a drum set so that one press of the bass pedal will hit the drum twice (and of course uses once pedal per foot).

Not to say he's talentless, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him "pretty darn skilled," that's all.

agreed i hate slapnut opps i mean slipknot anyway

SearanoX said:
Fast does not equal skilled when most of the things being played are pretty simple. Plus, they've also got three percussionists that add to the effect. And, from what I remember, the Slipknot guy uses a drum set so that one press of the bass pedal will hit the drum twice (and of course uses once pedal per foot).

Not to say he's talentless, but I wouldn't go so far as to call him "pretty darn skilled," that's all.

Had no idea about the pedal thing, I withdraw my earlier statement :p

I'm going to have to say John Bonham. Listen to Bonzo's Montreux if you don't believe me.

whose the better of the two.....well, I'd have to go with

BUDDY RICH
:cheers:

Are we talkin' just punk drummers or drummers in general? If drummers in general then...well you forgot to put Danny Carey in your little list.

Harmonica said:

Absolutely right

SearanoX said:
And, from what I remember, the Slipknot guy uses a drum set so that one press of the bass pedal will hit the drum twice (and of course uses once pedal per foot).

What you're referring to is called a Dualist. Joey doesn't use em, and I'm pretty sure I've never heard of any drummer using two (one on each drum? Insane).

Y'all are trippin. Josh Freese pwns em all ;)

Well, there's nothing wrong with him... he just isn't all that great. Not really. Take away the guitars and vocals in many of their songs and you have the same recycled beat. Some people call it tasteful, I call it -

Boom, Chh, Boom Boom, Chh, Boom, Chh, Boom Boom, Chh...

Back