Why Can't I Murder Children?

Blackthorn

Reaction score
I can not believe I only just realized there are no children in GTA III, VC, SA & IV. Now of course I know that including the ability to run over an innocent child would pile a whole load more shit on the already steaming pile of Rockstar bad publicity, but now that I've noticed it, I'm thinking what a cold, dark world it is without children.

What I find particularly strange is that I'm pretty sure I recall running over boyscouts in one of the original GTAs. I want to run them over in three dimensions, damnit!

PS: First one to make a suppression field joke gets a cookie.

I can not believe I only just realized there are no children in GTA III, VC, SA & IV. Now of course I know that including the ability to run over an innocent child would pile a whole load more shit on the already steaming pile of Rockstar bad publicity, but now that I've noticed it, I'm thinking what a cold, dark world it is without children.

What I find particularly strange is that I'm pretty sure I recall running over boyscouts in one of the original GTAs. I want to run them over in three dimensions, damnit!

Two words: Jack Thompson.

Kids go down too easy. It wouldn't be a challenge.

GTA 4 takes place after the events of Ep3.

How about Bioshock? You can kill the little sisters, can't you?

GTA 4 takes place after the events of Ep3.
Best_Cookie-20.jpg

I think the biggest display of violence against children I've seen in a video game was in one of the cinematic of Prey.

As long as parents are the ones paying for these games...
As long as parents think all kids are innocent...
As long as games don't really sell unless they can get in under the Mature rating or less...
As long as kids keep bringing guns to school to kill dozens of people...

I doubt we will see kids being killed in games anytime in the foreseeable future.

Indy web games perhaps ?

Yeah I remember they Prey cinematic. I was shocked and pleased, it was quite a refreshing mix of emotions.

A game world touted for it's immersion though should really have children. Damn all these parents giving us life and raising us, where do they get off?

There's a radio or newspaper part in the game that talks about it. I was thinking about it while I played through (I believe my exact thoughts were: "I want to steal a school bus...wait, there are none...wait, where are the--") and then the game interjected with:

"Why are there no pets in Liberty City? Or children even?"

Children of Grand Theft Auto IV

25chil.2.650.jpg

Prot-tip: All the black women are bearing children.

I dunno which is morally worse, a game in which you can slaughter kids or a game in which you can rape adult women.

For some reason I find murdering kids in a videogame less troublesome than rape in a videogame ... must be desensitized to all the violence I guess.

As far as children in GTA go ... there are some teenish pedestrians and whatnot ... but that's about it. To be honest I'm surprised they go as far as to include elderly men and women ... and come to think of it I'm not sure there are nearly as many in IV as in past games. I did notice how they went out of their way to include abandoned swingsets and playgrounds around the city though, it feels eery.

Well, the japanese don't.

http://www.illusion.co.jp/ makes all sorts of crazy japanese sexgames, including ones in which you rape minors on the subway, the best.. I mean worst thing of all is that it's all legal(In Japan).

It's a law here in Britain that staged violence against children is illegal. They were originally intending to put children in GTA III, though. For some reason, they took it out after 9/11.

A shame, really, as a company that waggles it's "immersion" micropenis around strips one of the bits that made Fallout stand out, namely the inclusion of children in a perfectly killable form.

It didn't really give you any benefits, as everyone loathed a childkiller. Then again, once you have powered armour and turbo plasma/gauss rifles you couldn't care less about what other people think.

Except for Vault City. Slaughtering that bigot town is a good deed indeed!

Video games will never break free from their primitive roots without killable children.

It's like Atari right now.

I'm not being serious.

There's always the problem of avoiding AO ratings and being outright banned in some countries, and with the quality of graphics and sound being what it is today, it's gonna be harder and harder to put morally-reprehensible stuff like this in a game.

Back