Why does gabe always look so sad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brew Master is right!

We must shun cheese

Perhaps because he keep developing games to, keep making jokes about his looks and his body size.
It´s a fact that people from Valve visit these forums and read what people say.
I think that it´s a shame that people make fun of the one who lead the development of the most anticipated game ever..

Just stop it..

skipper said:
he sad because his 6 year work come to an end.

ps not nice to mock people about how big or how small they are.
But what else are they going to do in their sad life?
Obviously not achieve anything like Gabe, top guy at a top company and his own company.

His smiles are forced because when you see him in interviews, he's thinking "ARGH! Someone get this idiot away from me!".

I'm fat but I smile and laugh all the time. I could care less if people don't like me because I'm fat. Makes me want to laugh at their immaturity/stupidity/hypocricy though when I see them smoking a joint or getting so waisted they can't remember their own name.

Dsty2001 said:
I'm fat but I smile and laugh all the time. I could care less if people don't like me because I'm fat. Makes me want to laugh at their immaturity/stupidity/hypocricy though when I see them smoking a joint or getting so waisted they can't remember their own name.
If that was an intentional pun, good one :)

skipper said:
he sad because his 6 year work come to an end.

ps not nice to mock people about how big or how small they are.

Especially how small they are... ooh, that is below the belt! :eek:

BTW...

"Why am I sad?..."

*Remembering where I work*

"Oh....yeah, now I remember..."

Why not make fun of his weight? I mean people can say whatever they want about Gabe. He isnt god or something now is he...

-TaNaKa- said:
Why not make fun of his weight? I mean people can say whatever they want about Gabe. He isnt god or something now is he...
see...thats where youre wrong...

look at him during HL1, he was NEVER as rotund as he is now. not even close. are you saying that genetics made him fat over the past 5 years? nice one.

the genetics of fast food.

plus we all know that being fat is unhealthy, inconvenient and annoying for other people trying to squeeze past you in a work place or public or wherever. fat people are usually the more selfish people i know, their lust for food and space shows this.
it also doesnt bode well for the ability to recreate and make fit healthy children who will stay that way.
i mean its like saying a fat dog is "just born that way its not his fault" after you feed him a bbq chicken for dinner every night.

i'm trim and damn proud of it.

Well Gabe, if you're listening...??? We all love you anyway!!!

Thanks for everything you've done that has touched our lives as gamers.... hl......hl2.....and the future......

:cheers:

He has the same look I always have. I take it he looks so "sad" because he never sleeps.

Wesisapie said:
plus we all know that being fat is unhealthy, inconvenient and annoying for other people trying to squeeze past you in a work place or public or wherever. fat people are usually the more selfish people i know, their lust for food and space shows this.

Opposed to smoking 20 packs of cigarretes a day? If your going to attack fat people, attack people that smoke, people that drink and drive, and basically every other sort of unhealthy habit (And their is alot of them) And yes, genetics does have alot to do with obesity.

I'd rather be fat and rich than what I am now, average and poor :(

Hmm. 5 pages of why Gabe looks sad. You, sir, are sad. :hmph:

Probably because of threads like this...I'm sure the man don't want his life under a microscope. He's a very clever programmer, not a celebrity (well he is, but he didn't start Valve for that reason)

Just an average joe, who got lucky. Now would you like to log onto the net and see lame threads like "I SAW GABE GETTING INTO HIS CAR OMFG PICS INCLUDED!!!" :eek:
I'm sure he really don't need it.

Dsty2001 said:
Opposed to smoking 20 packs of cigarretes a day? If your going to attack fat people, attack people that smoke, people that drink and drive, and basically every other sort of unhealthy habit (And their is alot of them) And yes, genetics does have alot to do with obesity.

I think the problem is that we saw Gabe grow big. At the time of HL1 he looked a lot better in the weight department...

Anyway, I agree with the fact that we should also make fun of smokers and drinkers. But society made it so that it is cool to smoke and drink, and not cool to be fat. Wich sucks.

DeltaBlast said:
I think the problem is that we saw Gabe grow big. At the time of HL1 he looked a lot better in the weight department...

Anyway, I agree with the fact that we should also make fun of smokers and drinkers. But society made it so that it is cool to smoke and drink, and not cool to be fat. Wich sucks.

Weight is directly correlated to the amount of stress attained from developing a video game. :)

crabonhead said:
Yea, why does he?

all of his smiles are forced.
you'd think having a job and a following as cool as his is, hed be cracking up at everything, in extasy y'know?

i know i would.

He'll be stressed, VERY tired, late nights, worn out, probably bored by now. Just wanting it done and finished and out of the way. Having people from all sides needing things, having to keep the community happy, the companies happy, keeping accountants and Tax people off his back.

Making games is not as cool as you think, its a very very stressful job, running a company at the same time is even worse. Expect him to bugger off on a two year vacation once HL2 hits the shelves, I know I would in his shoes.

i love drinking - i do not drive when i drink.
i dont smoke - i dont like being around smokers when they smoke.

i think smoking is also a character flaw. drinking can be, but COME ON its what teenages and older do. if you dont, then cmon you're missing out.

-TaNaKa- said:

Yes, he is.

6 years making a game being worried people will flame you for smallest thing. Hoping your game sells. etc etc etc etc

oh trust me, this game will sell muahahahaha :)
and i have nothing against gabe seriously, he rocks and its not your problem if he is always sad and depressed so get over it people, he has produced what we all have been waiting for so be happy and buy the game and make him happy :)

give the man a break ffs! he is sad because he is surround by all you idiots who call him fat and make jokes about him of course hes sad.

Wesisapie said:
i love drinking - i do not drive when i drink.
i dont smoke - i dont like being around smokers when they smoke.

i think smoking is also a character flaw. drinking can be, but COME ON its what teenages and older do. if you dont, then cmon you're missing out.
Im sorry to say this is on a quite pleasent forum but your one arrogant ****.

^Ben said:

Lol the last picture is great

"Yeah half-life 2 just hit steam for purchasing"

Fits perfect :D

BlackMesaDude said:
give the man a break ffs! he is sad because he is surround by all you idiots who call him fat and make jokes about him of course hes sad.

I don't think he gives a damn; or maybe he spends a second or two thinking "idiot". He's not a model, he just wants to make his games and get them sold. In fact, this whole thing might boost sales a little.

Such a shame the world is so caught up on a persons appearance. He has already achieved more in his life than any of you ever will. I'd rather be a successfull fat person than a "cool" loser who will never amount to anything and just pokes fun at others.

He's sad because he's overweight and people make fun of him a lot.

This thread has no purpose, is an excuse for spam, has too much flaming.

*Closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back