Why is the presidents time limited?

HunterSeeker

Reaction score
Why can a president only spend two periods in office in the US? Wouldnt it make more sense to allow a president to sit in office as long as keeps getting elected?

Heh, dont care so long as the democrats get in next time.

/me is depressed. Dont really care if you call me a "liberal" or whatever.

Because FDR ran until he died.. and then we had the VP.

I'm not sure.. but its probably because the Republicans at the time didn't like having a single Democrat in the white house for 14 years.

marksmanHL2 :) said:
Heh, dont care so long as the democrats get in next time.

/me is depressed. Dont really care if you call me a "liberal" or whatever.
sorry you feel that way, but I don't see how that applied to the topic at hand.

We want fresh blood at least every two terms, to be perfectly frank.

Well one thing is that being president of the USA for 2 terms is gonna have its affect on the man, so by 2 terms its likely the president is gonna be knackered and its a very stressful job so his decisions may be irrational if hes not thinking properly. Also often when a presdident or prime minister is in office for a long time (like 2 terms), they may think that theyre popular enough to easily win the next election and therefore not actually do much.(false sense of security). But by bringing fresh blood into the position , u have a new guy with new ideas to bring to the table who will be more enthusiastic in the job.

Clinton was mighty good, he even played some secretaries.. Now that was a president :p

HunterSeeker said:
Why can a president only spend two periods in office in the US? Wouldnt it make more sense to allow a president to sit in office as long as keeps getting elected?

this is where dictators come from

Elections - over

get over it, the end. forget about it, go back to working in K-mart and stop posting these god damn threads.

The Dark Elf said:
Elections - over

get over it, the end. forget about it, go back to working in K-mart and stop posting these god damn threads.

easy there big fella ;)

Platinum said:
easy there big fella ;)
shut up and talk your politics, we made you your section and kept our promise to bring ALL the deleted politics threads back (even though we've been getting called alsorts by ungrateful users), so use it or the puppy gets it.

The Dark Elf said:
shut up and talk your politics, we made you your section and kept our promise to bring ALL the deleted politics threads back (even though we've been getting called alsorts by ungrateful users), so use it or the puppy gets it.
come on fensy.. cheer up :D

remember yesterday? :D :D :D

The Dark Elf said:
Elections - over

Someone pissed off?

If we take that attitude, nothing will ever change. If you just give up, forget about it, and "go back to working in K-Mart" nothing's ever going to go in your favor. You don't "get over it" and you don't just move on. Believe it or not, some people actually want to try and change things; we aren't all apathetic.

qckbeam said:
Someone pissed off?

If we take that attitude, nothing will ever change. If you just give up, forget about it, and "go back to working in K-Mart" nothing's ever going to go in your favor. You don't "get over it" and you don't just move on. Believe it or not, some people actually want to try and change things; we aren't all apathetic.
True, but posting in a HalfLife2 forum over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again isn't going to do shit.

I liked pre-pre-election OT much, much better, and I love how this subforum was made :D

...but The Dark Elf sure is mad compared to yesterday :(

Erestheux said:
True, but posting in a HalfLife2 forum over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again isn't going to do shit.

I liked pre-pre-election OT much, much better, and I love how this subforum was made :D

I think the politics forum was an excellent idea as well :)

About the posting regarding the outcome of the election, what was everyone expecting? The mods were flipping the **** out only hours after the race had been called because of the threads. It is a vital race, it was the biggest event going on in the world today, and you didn't want to allow us to make more than one topic on it? It's so controversial, so heated, and so split that venting was a given. Where the "NO POLITICAL THREADS OR WE'LL KILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY" attitude came from and what it was all about is totally beyond me; especially considering how they let the pre-election threads go on and on and on for weeks. About TDE, well I don't know what's with him but he's been acting pissy all day. Ah well, long as no one takes their anger out on forumites...

qckbeam said:
I think the politics forum was an excellent idea as well :)

About the posting regarding the outcome of the election, what was everyone expecting? The mods were flipping the **** out only hours after the race had been called because of the threads. It is a vital race, it was the biggest event going on in the world today, and you didn't want to allow us to make more than one topic on it? It's so controversial, so heated, and so split that venting was a given. Where the "NO POLITICAL THREADS OR WE'LL KILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY" attitude came from and what it was all about is totally beyond me; especially considering how they let the pre-election threads go on and on and on for weeks. About TDE, well I don't know what's with him but he's been acting pissy all day. Ah well, long as no one takes their anger out on forumites...
<3 u quickkie ;)

I understand what you're saying, but at the same time it IS quite annoying that 10,000 people have to write thread after thread called "BUSH YAY!" "KERRY IN UR FACE!!" and "I HATE AMERICA" "SICK TO BE AMERICAN."

Political threads are also probably the most difficult to moderate in that they are batshit flaming back and forth, they are controversal, and the people tend to be the most pissy if you delete/lock/whatever, as well.

But I do understand people's predisposition for going crazy. It is quite important, and keeping it to one thread would be pretty ridiculous.

Just call me the devil's advocate. :angel:

I hate politics.

Erestheux said:
<3 u quickkie ;)

I understand what you're saying, but at the same time it IS quite annoying that 10,000 people have to write thread after thread called "BUSH YAY!" "KERRY IN UR FACE!!" and "I HATE AMERICA" "SICK TO BE AMERICAN."

Political threads are also probably the most difficult to moderate in that they are batshit flaming back and forth, they are controversal, and the people tend to be the most pissy if you delete/lock/whatever, as well.

But I do understand people's predisposition for going crazy. It is quite important, and keeping it to one thread would be pretty ridiculous.

Just call me the devil's advocate. :angel:

I hate politics.

The obvious spam/flamebait threads should be moderated without question, but many ask good questions and bring up good points. It was just the stance that was taken regarding political threads that pissed me off. I don't know what's going on there, but I have a feeling it has little if anything to do with the discussion of politics bringing on flame wars.

Back