Why the Citadel doesn't appear to get smaller.

kestrel7e7

Medic
Reaction score
Flynn(Snarkpit) was right. Valve used a little map trick but didn't adjust the size of the Citadel to compensate and can be noticed by those with acute observation skills.

Citadel_destruction_map.jpg

Hmm. Eh. It hardly matters. Scale in HL2 is gameplay wise.

gg. Citadel still goes up the ****ing clouds, although with about half of it missing i'm not sure how scale is effected...

You might as well complain that the scale in the levels are not the same as the scale shown in the maps.

Flynn(Snarkpit) was right. Valve used a little map trick but didn't adjust the size of the Citadel to compensate and can be noticed by those with acute observation skills.

Citadel_destruction_map.jpg

I was just going to post the same pic :D

Valve was kinda smart in these things, the teleport is when the first explosion comes so you don't mention the teleport so easily. They used same thing when your Gravity Gun came back to normal, if I remember right.

Yes, indeed...

I wonder, is the 0.7 km limit hardcoded in the game or can it be expanded?

Well... I couldn't quite determine whether this was interesting information or going into the excessively-attached-HL-fan region, so I decided to be polite and stick with the interesting comment.

That, and the fact that kestrel7e7 is using Internode (noted from his use of the users.on.net host for the images), and since I'm also a node user, he automatically gets a few extra points in my eyes. :)

Using info_landmarks and such, teleporting in mapping looks instant. Think of Ethernal Silence, you're teleported into an off-map location when you fly into the hangars.

I actually noticed the teleport, well, not so much noticed as suspected

Back