Why, when viewing a thread for the first time, am I taken to the last reply?

Xendance

Tank
Reaction score
What pisses me off is when I view a thread for the first time, and I'm taken to like the 3rd page before reading the first post. It's like reading the comments of a YouTube video before actually watching it, and you end up spoiling it for yourself (I find it like that, anyway)

Any reason why it does this?

Don't open thread by clicking on the blue arrow left to it.

Don't open thread by clicking on the blue arrow left to it.

This. It takes you to unread posts. It's not too bright in interpreting unread posts. It assumes you read everything the last time you left.

I'm fairly sure I've opened a thread before and not clicked the arrow, but it still took me to a random post.

Also try not to open threads from the forum index. Personally, it takes me to the last post regardless of whether I've read it or not.

Clicking the links to the right of the forum under 'Last Post' is equivalent to clicking the arrow.

Nah, the links to each are different. The arrow definitely directs you to the last post while the 'Last Post' link is supposed to take you to the first unread.

I'm sorry I just read the title as

"Why, when replying to a thread for the first time, am I taken to the last reply?"

Other way around ;)
lolbelatedreply

Anyway, yeah sorry, I actually read through this thread properly and see you guys are talking about the arrow right next to the thread title.

I was referring to the stuff in the Last Post column when viewing the forum index. The blue arrow there takes you to the last post and the thread title link is supposed to take you to the first unread but instead takes me to last post as well.

Aye, I think I'm just confusing myself. :rolling:

Back