Wierd glitches

coheedswicked

Reaction score
so i was playing portal the other day (and yes its an official copy i got it off steam) and there were some weird glitches like the elevator doors wouldnt open but i could just walk right through them, once in the elevator i had to walk up to the door to get it to start then i would walk right through the door again and be in the next test chamber, so it wasnt too bit of a deal. Additionally, the cameras do not follow me they just always look straight down, some audio clips from glados dont play, and sometimes when doors open it looks like im looking at the world through infra-red vision...
anyway already tried the verify integrity of game cache and nothing changed so suggestions would be appreciated. thx
*edit: nevermind about the elevator thing

huh. I WOULD say "did you verify..." but you did. weird.

Then, I'd say "you probably pirated it. We don't speak of your kind here." But as you stated, you DID verify the game cache, and that can be done only on steam, So i dunno. maybe reinstalling it? It's fairly short and shouldn't be to hard to get most of the achievements you already may have.

Good luck.

ya i know its really wierd... i was thinkin i was gonna have to uninstall it with like you said wouldnt be too big of a deal because its isnt a very big game but i was just wondering if there was anything beyond verifying the game cache that i wasnt aware of
*edit: there was an orange box engine update today and all the glitches appear to be remedied...

hmm...can't think of anything. My advise is to wait for a person more acquainted with this kind of stuff.

something with the options,maybe...
try to delete the game folder (except the saves!) and wait for the game to recreate its configs.

oh, cool!

Hope you don't run into any more problems and enjoy the game! ^-^

If you fire a portal at a block just wide enough for it, sandwiched between a corner and a door, then fire another on top of it, you will get a portal outside the level, looking out into the abyss...

Back