Will all CZ owner get to try CSS first beta?

All, why would they restrict it to a few if its a pretty open beta to cybercafes, they know its an incentive to buy CZ right now, excellent marketting boost for CZ, but also a pretty decent deal.

They wouldn't make it like betas for mmorpgs, where only a select few get to try it. Most likely Steam will auto-detect whether you have CZ installed/purchased on your account and will then let you dl CS Source.

Very true, now i have to buy a copy of CZ :)

It`s cheap and good.

Soundwave said:
They wouldn't make it like betas for mmorpgs, where only a select few get to try it. Most likely Steam will auto-detect whether you have CZ installed/purchased on your account and will then let you dl CS Source.

Ok, thanks.

I thought they would do it like Blizzard did in Warcraft.

I got an old comp so I'll tell my friend to buy CZ for the CS:S beta... oh, and for CZ it self :p

Yeah, I can understand the worry, I've never had any luck getting into betas, whether it's WoW or EQ2. I wouldn't worry too much about it, as long as you own CZ, you'll get to play the beta unless something goes horribly wrong.

Another question, will CSS Beta be released before HL2, or with HL2 ?

They said that the beta test will launch in late summer, but HL2 is released then, right? Im confused.

HL2's release date = fall.
So u'll get to play CS:S beta before HL2's release date...

Hl2 is looking more likely for september/october, but its looking less likely that CSS will be released with it, so im guessing the beta or release of CSS wont effect HL2's timeline at all, thats just my opinion, obviously i know was much as u lol

No one knows. I wouldn't expect Half-Life 2 until September at the earliest, possibly even later to take advantage of the holiday season. But I have no basis for that info, just what I think.

I imagine the complete, non-beta version of CS Source will be released alongside HL2, with the beta coming before that.

So the version of CSS that they will release with HL2 is not a beta?

No idea, but it's likely that the CS:S Beta is being done to test the product out on a portion of the general CS/CZ community so they can get any major unbalances or problems worked out before the official CS Source release.

Back