Will I be able to...

swiss

Reaction score
Play straight away, if I preloaded and pre ordered. I paid with my card, but it said that the card will only be charged when the game is actually released. Does this mean that there will be a wait after the release time, before I can play because the card needs to be charged?

Yes you will be able to download the last neccesary files and verify to play it, when its released.

The game will have to decrypt and download some essential bits from the Steam servers.

When hl2 was released the sheer demand made for a wait of nearly half an hour for this to complete. Since DoD is less popular, I expect a shorter wait. Excepting that, yeah you can play straight away.

thanks. Cant wait now...gonna get some work done now, take my mind off it

If i can play CS:S with my computer (Geforce 4 ti4600, 512 ram, 2.3gigs) will I be able to run DoD?

watch a movie, do some h/wk, read a book. its all good.

oh one thing, did anyone else have a fully preloaded DoD:s and then suddenly have a 99% complete? today i was on 99% which turned to 100% after about 10 seconds or so...weird or a few new files?

Dyntast I had that as well, the preload was completed a few days ago, then I went on later; and it was on 98% again. Now it is complete though.

That will more than likely have been the HDR files ;) and also the reason HL2 had to download after it was unlocked was a last minute patch. I doubt that will be the case on this game and it should be available to play at exactly 11pm.

Back