Will it really be fun to play as infected?

Reaction score
From what I have seen from the videos it seems that it's damn hard to kill the survivors, will it be that fun to play infected if you will only do some damage, not getting many kills? Will it be harder or easier than it looks to kill survivors?

Iirc, you only get to play as the boss infected characters.
So you'll get plenty close to the survivors as they try to fend off the zombies trying to get them.

Yes I am well aware that you play as the bosses, but it still looks really hard to kill a survivor. What's up with that?

so far in the videos the boss infected has been played by the AI or people that don't know how to play...

if the infected play as a team like the survivors instead of doing headon assaults they'll do a lot better...

Yes I am well aware that you play as the bosses, but it still looks really hard to kill a survivor. What's up with that?
I believe your success is measured by damage not kills. The game doesnt have that many medpacks. For example, getting all the survivors down to half health is a big accomplishment and should be hard.

I don't think it will feel quite as good to just hurt people instead of killing them.

I imagine it will be risky showing yourself. You'll have to make your move at the best time for the most damage. Hopefully their group will fall apart from your attack timing and a NPC infected surge.
Probably a lot of dying. But you'll get a few chances to attack with different characters before the survivors hit the exit.

They really have not shown solid infected play because they have been trying to show off the survivor side. If the Turtle Rock guys played hard against those trying out the game (survivor side) then they wouldn't learn anything or have fun. Plus it wouldn't look good for the game videos. hehe

I don't think it will feel quite as good to just hurt people instead of killing them.
If every boss can kill one person before dying the survivors aren't going to last very long. I suppose it really depends upon your expectations. If you expect to wipe the floor as a boss... it is just not going to happen (unless the survivors are retards) and you'll be disappointed. I think being able to cause mass panic and confusion will be fun enough.

Well I look forward to playing as survivor most, I was just curious about the zombie boss gameplay.

From what I have seen from the videos it seems that it's damn hard to kill the survivors, will it be that fun to play infected if you will only do some damage, not getting many kills? Will it be harder or easier than it looks to kill survivors?

Maybe you're thinking more as a lone individual, instead of an individual in a team.
Just because you're a zombie dosen't mean you've lost all of your social skills, I think what the developers wanted to do was instill the same team-base style of gameplay that the survivors play by into the infected side. Think about it this way, instead of trying to play as one zombie trying to kill a survivor, you're in a team of zombies trying to stop a team of survivors form reaching point B. So in my opinion being a boss infected is not about directly killing the survivors its about stopping they from escaping.

Ditto what Redfox said, plus, you need to remember that the infected respawn, and the survivors don't. The idea is to continually pick away at them throughout the map.

Heheh... Boomer. Funny name don't ya think? Yeah I know that was an irrelevant thing to say. I thought it was funny when I rewatched Independence Day and the stupid dog was called Boomer...

Well being a survivor will be scary, if your the last 1 left.Being the infected you don't worry too much about dieing so you don't have anything to loose.

I only have one goal when playing this game: Be the stalker zombie. (Sorry, don't remember the name offhand and I only read about it in a magazine article half a year ago). If it's anything like playing a Xenomorph in AvP and AvP2, I'm set. :evilgrin:

Well, you know. The survivors DO respawn, but only in very special situations. Safe rooms, certain 'closet' locations (which require teammates to actually go retrieve them). Infected respawn whenever the director decides they should.

Also remember that as an Infected, you are one of a horde. As a survivor you are one of four, and the director does NOT go easier on a team that has lost members.

Back