Will My Computer Run Half-Life 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did your dad hire you for his company at 12? If you've been doing it a while your retarted (literally) because your system could handle any software program I know of. Your topic here is just insane and your showing off your comp as to which no one really cares.

Originally posted by EVIL
/me builds up an 1337 army under the command of xXSMGXx.. lets kick some idiot but..

Lol, i am actually pretty good at issuing orders : ))

MAN THAT 42 CAL RECRUIT ! :0

??

mrfried i dis agree

thats ure opinion. I Beleive an expensive 6.1 setup is better than very good head phones. WHY? cause i have compared both.

Headphones can't replicate the correct bass usage and center channel.

and i can't wait to plya this on a 45inch supersharp HDTV

now just if my pc can play it over30 fps on highest details

Re: ??

Originally posted by subs
now just if my pc can play it over30 fps on highest details

im prayn for the same thing. Im getting a athlon xp 2400+ 1gb ddr ram, and a radeon 9800 pro.....i really hope it runs over 30fps on the highest setting, im almost positive it will. If it dosnt, im buying another gb of ram. :cool:

Originally posted by aDIsease
I was just wondering if my computer will run Half-Life 2

I have

Processor: P4 OC 3.68GHz 640MHz FSB HT (3.06GHz Hyper Threading 533MHz FSB)

CPU Cooler: Senfu Water Cooling System II

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8KNXP Ultra

Memory: 2046MB Corsair

Hard Drive: 147GB SCSI 320MB

CD-R/W-Burner: Plextor 48x24x48x CDRW Drive

DVD-Burner: Pioneer A05 DVD-RW/CDRW Drive

Video Card: OCS Enhanced Radeon 9800 Pro 445/740MHz

Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum eX

Network Card: Intel Pro/1000 MT Desktop Adaptor

Cooling: Digital Doc5 LCD 8x Fan Monitor

Power Supply: Enermax EN651P-VE FMA 550Watt Dual Fan Fan Monitor Adjustable

Case: Thermaltake Highest Xaser III V2000A Super Tower

Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia THX 5.1

Keyboard: Logitech Keyboard Elite

Mouse: Logitech MX500

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP1

Monitor: Sony GDM-FW900 (24" Super Fine Pitch FD Trinitron)
no it can't run hl2 your speakers are not supported so the setup will cancel automaticly.

One thing I want to ask this guy...

Why did he have to list *virtually* _every_ single part of his system? I mean, what the heck is the brand of a case (a very nice case I might add) doing in the list? Why did he have to list the fan? Doesn't he know that people on the forums can answer the question more quickly if he leaves out the irrelevant parts out ?

Seeing this, I can only draw 2 conclusions:

1) He recently bought a KILLER system and wants every living organism on this planet to praise him and his sacrifice to puchase it. (all whilst keeping rather "humble")

OR

2) Doesn't know first thing about computer, and he just lists everything there is, whether or not they are relevant. He is obviously ignorant (or pertending to be) of the minimum requirements of HL2 (700mhz cpu, TNT vid card) and he just wants to know if his uber high-end PC which he bought because he is rich/spoiled can run it.

I just hope it's the second. And if it is, I apologize for the rant... However at the same time you are admitting that you are quite ignorant with the concept of computer hardware.

Hey i found a program that would choke his computer!! Autodesk inventer 5. His sys doesnt meat the min requirements, hehe, time to upgrade newb. And btw I do quite a bit of 3D and it does just great on athlon 1.2 w/ 256 ddr ram.

I agree.. I do 3d to.. and I have enought with my 1ghz amd thunderbird and geforce 2 mmx 400 and 512 mb ram. its insane to buy a high ende computer just ffor 3d and animatiing.. unless you are a movie animater.. but then you would have a sgi rig

Heh.. I played Ut2k3 with my 633 Mhz, 256 RAM, GeForce 2 on the medium settings. In single-player I was getting 15-20 fps. I used that computer for three years, only changed video card. So guys, you have some problems if you think that Half-life will need 3.0 ghz computer with super radeon 9800 +. Sure you need fast computer, but upgrade from 2.4 to the 3.0\ from Radeon 9500 to 9800 is waste of your money.

He's just being sarcastic, of course he knows it'll run HL2 but still, we don't need that shit here.

LOL, I just read this and I think you are really pathetic!!!
I never knew it was possible to be that much of a loser.

Remember, the better your download speeds/system spec the bigger your penis is! Ok i posted this kinda late, dumbass question.

you guys get so worked up over such a small thing, not my fault i have a good computer.

save up and get one!

Originally posted by D|2AGON
LOL, I just read this and I think you are really pathetic!!!
I never knew it was possible to be that much of a loser.

i guess you are a loser too cuz you posted in here..

why save up that much money that you could spend on something better. or buy the same specs when halflife 2 actually comes out, for lots cheaper.

here's a serious question.

how do you think it'll run on:

amd 1900+
gf4 ti4400
512 ram?

i'm hoping for 1024x796 at medium detail, with a decent frame rate.

lol... sadly we've all given attention to him and created four pages of pure utter crap. woohoo for us

ok here's a real question

do you think it will run on my mom's comp

AMD XP 2000+
ATI Radeon 8500
512MB DDR

What the? A completely off-topic thread and I haven't posted at all in it! Ridiculous! Anyway, I'd say it would RUN on your comp, and quite well, might I add. .They said, and I'm quoting the PC Gamer article, here: "More amazingly, HL 2 will not only take advantage of the next-gen capabilities of a P4 3GHz-level system running the newest DirectX-9-powered 3D cards from NVIDIA and ATI, but it'll also reportedly be fully scalable all the way back to a mid-range PC running a DX6-compatible TNT card." So I'd say you're fine.

-Vert

ARE YOU F***D UP ? :flame: man wtf some1 ban this crap..sorry for language i just couldnt keep it

ok here's a real question

do you think it will run on my mom's comp

AMD XP 2000+
ATI Radeon 8500
512MB DDR
get a new video card =/ maybe a faster processor too but video card needs to go

yeah, i was thinking of just getting her the ati radeon 9700 pro then my friends and i can play against eachother

so if i got my mom the ati radeon 9700 pro it should beable to run half-life 2 with the amd xp 2000+ running at 1.68GHz and the 512 ram?

i think i should get her a new mobo too, her's is only 4X

i was thinking of getting the Asus a7n8x she has the Asus a7v-266

should i get that a7n8x and the 9700 pro?

so if i got my mom the ati radeon 9700 pro it should beable to run half-life 2 with the amd xp 2000+ running at 1.68GHz and the 512 ram?

i think i should get her a new mobo too, her's is only 4X

i was thinking of getting the Asus a7n8x she has the Asus a7v-266

should i get that a7n8x and the 9700 pro?

Nope, go for a Geforce 4 MX, much better than the 9700 and they cost much less for some reason.

[get a life aDIsease]How much are you people willing to bet that this is some 30 year old looser living in his parents basement since he can't afford his own house because he works at McDonalds, and so the only fun he has in life is pretending he has a good computer by going onto forums and bragging about a good system, while it's a 200mHz piece of crap he actually has....
[/get a life aDIsease]

Hey, I resemble that comment. I'm 30...and a bit. But I sure as hell don't live with my parents....and I have a 550mHz piece of shit!

Nope, go for a Geforce 4 MX, much better than the 9700 and they cost much less for some reason.

hehe...just had to laugh sorry....anyway do u think a GF4 MX would run HL2 even though you had 2.0ghz and a ton of ram ?(no I dont have a GF4 mx)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back