Windows 7 public beta out

Yeah not what I want you can see in the screenshot they have that libraries is expanded. By default libraries is a pinned item.

Microsoft really have to do more work the taskbar. it seems to want to do to much and i just want an option to go back to a Vista style menu bar. Actually i might just go back to Vista, Windows 7 is awesome but the taskbar drives me mad.

Though, this is just a demo-beta (And a damn good one,) and not an actual release, we should refrain from complaining that MS should do more work on this and that. :p
Having said my humble $1.00 advice :angel:, what I like to know is: Is there any shortcut "Show-Desktop" icon anywhere except in the option menu? If not, could one be made by user?

Enjoy.

Yes, far right bottom corner, unless you turned it off.

Just built my new PC today and without an XP disc I thought I'd give this a try!

Seems much quicker than Vista, but I'll be back later with further impressions! :thumbs:

Yes, far right bottom corner, unless you turned it off.

Oh! Thanks stranger. I didn't expect it there, and never could I figure it out in purpose.
I guess change means tuck in "Show Desktop" all the way to the opposite side of the bar.

Oh! Thanks stranger. I didn't expect it there, and never could I figure it out in purpose.
I guess change means tuck in "Show Desktop" all the way to the opposite side of the bar.

The reason it's in the corner is that corners = gold real estate on screens (which is why close button is in corner, and start button is also in corner).

If you hover it, you get Aero Peek which lets you peek at your desktop (really only useful if you have gadgets living on the desktop)

The reason it's in the corner is that corners = gold real estate on screens (which is why close button is in corner, and start button is also in corner).

If you hover it, you get Aero Peek which lets you peek at your desktop (really only useful if you have gadgets living on the desktop)

Great, thanks for the info. Also I didn't know about the hover-and-spec (lol. I just made up a brand new word) feature there.
I agree; the corners are prime real estate

Back