Window's Vista

Kakashi

Spy
Reaction score
I know Windows 7 is out and all, but I just received Window's Vista for free, and I'm still running Windows XP.

Basically just wondering if there's any reason I should upgrade to Vista, even though I've heard of that there were tons of problems with it.

My specs:
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.60 GHz
1.25 GB of RAM

I have a pretty much outdated system for practically anything these days. Was just seeing if there's any practicality to upgrade.

I wouldn't with those specs. Of course, it also depends on what you mainly use your computer for. My friend had specs in that area but only used his computer for homework so Vista or not it didn't really matter to him.

I agree, it might be better, performance wise, to stay with XP. Personally I felt like vista was a step up from xp, although I'm one of the few who hasn't had any problems with vista.

If you just want to get away from XP, I would definitely suggest buying more ram before you upgrade though. Somewhere between 2gb and 3gb should be fine, since your system probably can't handle 64bit it won't recognize any more than like 3.xxgb of ram.

Alright thanks guys, I figured Vista might just cause more problems. I'll just wait till I can build a new PC.

Alright thanks guys, I figured Vista might just cause more problems. I'll just wait till I can build a new PC.

Good Idea bro. People with systems twice as powerful as yours are complaining, because Vista is power-hog. Stay with XP for now and once you build a system move straight onto Win7.

Good Luck.

Back