Winners Of The Dota 2 International 2011 - Na'Vi

Dekstar

Companion Cube
Reaction score
[br]
Battling their way to the final via the winners bracket and never losing a game (even in the group stage), Ukrainian team Na'Vi have taken the $1 million grand prize. Runners-up, EHome from China, take second place and the $250,000 prize. The competition at this year's Gamescom was the first Valve have done and the viewing figures have been in the millions.[br]It has been the first real opportunity to see DOTA 2 in action but if you missed the action you can watch replays of the games on the DOTA 2 website, with the final games available right here![br]The Dota 2 beta will begin this fall (sign up now!) and the game will be released for PC and Mac 'later this year'.

A well deserved win! The game EH took from Na'Vi was super impressive too but it was clear Na'Vi were the true champions when they switched all their heroes and roles around in the next game and had such a variety of game plans! Looking forward to the next one...when hopefully I will understand a great deal more of what was going on.

So, assuming the grand prize winners split the money up evenly, they'll each get about $166,666. Not bad. Not bad at all.

God damn it could they fit the stereotypes of computer nerds any better?

I'm upping my bench right now because of this, ****ing motivation to not be associated with the likes of them. Yes I'm insecure, but god damn it I look good.

God damn it could they fit the stereotypes of computer nerds any better?

I'm upping my bench right now because of this, ****ing motivation to not be associated with the likes of them. Yes I'm insecure, but god damn it I look good.
They look like an ordinary bunch of kids to me...

The second place people look so incredibly unhappy. I'm not sure why though since they each get more than I make in a year and take it back to China where it's probably like ten times the average yearly salary. Maybe smiling is forbidden in China now.

The second place people look so incredibly unhappy. I'm not sure why though since they each get more than I make in a year and take it back to China where it's probably like ten times the average yearly salary. Maybe smiling is forbidden in China now.

Well they just got 2nd place, I'm sure they're disappointed. Also, I heard one of the DotA teams in China got bought for something like $6 million so maybe they don't have an average chinese salary.

What were you expecting?

I was replying to the post above mine, which said that they looked like the complete stereotype computer nerd. I don't see what stereotype he is referring to.

Back