Winning Maps and CS:Source Update

Reaction score
Valve have released an update over Steam, which lets you download the three Half-Life 2: Deathmatch maps that won the deathmatch competition a few weeks ago. The new maps are:
  • Winner: dm_underpass by Scott M Jordan, USA
  • 1st Runner Up: dm_resistance* by Jonathan Linker, Germany (Based upon "Bodies" from Blood)
  • 2nd Runner Up: dm_powerhouse by Michael Schulz, Germany
This release also includes a Counter-Strike: Source update which fixes incorrect player names appearing in the scoreboard. To receive the update, simply restart your Steam client.

I see they didn't fix the r_command that is basically a wallhack.

Interesting...

*running Steam and updating HL2DM right now* W00t! At last, they did it! New 3 official maps... but why this update doesn't include dm_avalon o_0?

wlodi said:
*running Steam and updating HL2DM right now* W00t! At last, they did it! New 3 official maps... but why this update doesn't include dm_avalon o_0?

Becouse that map didn't win any thing. It just got mentioned becouse they liked it.

Blood is a game. Bodies is presumably a map from it.

those maps are sooo cool, still... could do better :p ! jk

Pi Mu Rho said:
Blood is a game. Bodies is presumably a map from it.
Blood...the fps dos game?Or am I thinking of a different one?

I think I might remember that map...

zodiak said:
This is an update, not the weekly news.
is there a weekly news coming about aftermatgh in the near future ? mr zodiak ?

zodiak said:
Becouse that map didn't win any thing. It just got mentioned becouse they liked it.

Maybe 3d-Mike didn't gave them the rights?

Gij said:

What part of winning maps released don't you get. Avalon didn't win so it had no reson to be released by vavle. Its not like all the other maps of the compitition got released.

nice maps.woulda preferred atleast 1 set in the outdoors,pcgamers maps they included on their dvd had some great outdoor maps

edit:nm found it

avalon looked great,the architecture for the building was cool,looked nice

I saw the screenies on his site of Avalon, holy crap! That's one damn sexy map.

All the maps are great. Very good job to winners.

arghhh ...where's info on DoD:S? no news since the start of the beta!!! throw me a freakin bone! something anything!!!

maps look good ..so did the top 3 maps winners win a trip to valve? I guess it'd be more of a thrill for the german guys than the american who won

CptStern said:
arghhh ...where's info on DoD:S? no news since the start of the beta!!! throw me a freakin bone! something anything!!!

maps look good ..so did the top 3 maps winners win a trip to valve? I guess it'd be more of a thrill for the german guys than the american who won
It's still a closed beta right? Got so mad when I saw that the DOD forum got to play & then I saw that they did NOT get to play ;)

jimbo118 said:
thx now to find a server :(
Someone should make a decent server with the winning maps on + avalon. With no steamlabs, overwatch or lockdown in the cycle.

Alec_85 said:
It's still a closed beta right? Got so mad when I saw that the DOD forum got to play & then I saw that they did NOT get to play ;)

ya still closed beta ...I wish they'd open it up to gold and silver buyers

those maps are awful, I've seen way better community maps than those.

Gij said:

He forfeit his rights when he mailed the map to them. Anyways, He's got de_747 already in the pool.

I hate to say it, but I didn't really think the maps were very good. Having seen the shots of Avalon and a couple of the others I can't quite work out how these won. :(

The reason I don't like them is they don't seem very coherant at all. The quality of the level build itself is nice and the detail is there, but the levels don't seem immersive at all. They seems like random rooms stuck together or thought-up-as-they-go-along without any design or plan. Ofcourse they could have been planned, but that just doesn't come across to me. :eek:

Still, now were at 6 (I think?) offical maps, which is always better than 3 regardless.

Underpass is the only one that grabs my attention, even though it is a granade launcher fiesta (every time you see scores of 60-2 you know the guy is a granade launcher god). The other two are rather bad and boring.

I agree, I'm getting tired of narrow tunnels where all you have to do is get a crossbow to get a score of 40-10 easily. Create more maps that are outdoorsy.

SixThree said:
He forfeit his rights when he mailed the map to them.

Wrong. The winners had to sign a release form, transferring the rights and ownership to Valve. Just mailing your map didn't transfer anything.

KagePrototype said:
This release also includes a Counter-Strike: Source update which fixes incorrect player names appearing in the scoreboard.
and gave the bug to hl2dm... :dozey:

Back