Good or Bad

• Its refreshing, its good

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Awp map sucks, and you too

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
X

xshogox

OK well, there is two types of player in CS.... The one who loves awps, and the other one who hates the awp.

If you are the one who loves. Take a look at my awp map.

I wanted basicaly to keep the same gameplay on the map, but give it a more refreshing look.

Ive put water on the floor to be able to hear people running behind obstacles.

The obstacles are still WIP, its not finished.

Any suggestions to make awp_map gameplay more fun would be appreciated.

awpmap_v10010.jpg

awpmap_v10011.jpg

awpmap_v10012.jpg

awpmap_v10013.jpg

Just to show a bit of the mess .... if someones see any thing that could be fixed

awpmap.jpg

Wow that's amazing! The whole map looks really nice, and the buildings have been made very well. Great map - I like it :)

awesome stuff dude, now that is what i call a remake. This is looking really good, the only thing i would suggest is a couple of random barrels in the water, and add some (breakable if you like) glass on the buildings windows.

Nice mapping, bt I just detest awp maps.... use your skills for something useful please :D

Yeah, im always of the opinion that AWP maps need more stuff lying about, little bits of cover to make where a player can come from less predictable.

xshogox said:
OK well, there is two types of player in CS.... The one who loves awps, and the other one who hates the awp.

If you are the one who loves. Take a look at my awp map.

I wanted basicaly to keep the same gameplay on the map, but give it a more refreshing look.

Ive put water on the floor to be able to hear people running behind obstacles.

The obstacles are still WIP, its not finished.

Any suggestions to make awp_map gameplay more fun would be appreciated.

awpmap_v10010.jpg

awpmap_v10011.jpg

awpmap_v10012.jpg

awpmap_v10013.jpg
Well I think it looks nice, don't care what type of map it is, don't know the difference anyway. But I think it does look really nice.. Those flat things maybe need changing, and then more detail adding, but for a WIP its very cool, nice one indeed :)

Thx for the comments!, i agree that if im doing a remake, i should also change the gameplay a bit to make it more intense. Ill try to find something.

well the green is just because of the shader in the water that reflecs the floor underneat.

For that shiny effect well i used a simple env_sun + ligh_ambiant+ info_target to align the sunlight to a specific place to get nice shadows.

Aye, that looks awsome. I wonder how well the water reflection will confuse people :)

Also like the idea of being able to track the last movements of people in the water ;)

I was thinking you could add a skybox with buildings in the background? Would add some more depth to the map and make it feel less like youre running around in a "arena".

I personally don't really like the shiney water, but thats just me =/
maybe you could add so vines and over growth so it doesn't look so prim and proper.

Very nice, how did you do the archs? Like did you use the arch tool and lots divisions? If so how many?

The archs are models from chateau if I'm correct.

anyway, my crits:
there does not seem to be a world outside your map. perhaps a 3D skybox with some mighty castel-like towers and walls or such things could be impressive, and lengthen some streets that are blocked off by the fences. (make them corner to a dead end or something).

I like alot of shinyness, but perhaps this is overkill. add some dry land. perhaps some big ponds can provide the lovely shiny eyecandy. You could make those ponds slightly deeper for people to duck in to avoid being shot. All that water also causes a lower framerate then necasserry. And you can also hear people walk on dry land ;)

Make rooms behind the windows.

and last but not least, some plant life always adds more eyecandy and realism :)
Rest me to say that this is one sexy looking awp-map. :) I have never been keen on awp and fy maps, but I just might play this one!!!!! keep it up!

looks awesome. I would break up the ground texture with some grating or uneven ground so its no so monotonous. nice work man... maybe darken the verts around the edges, and add some moss too.

even tho I hate awp and fy maps...

you need a 3d skybox, but otherwise this is one nice map.
i really like the reflections in the water

looks beautiful to me, but I agree - add some scaled buildings for 3d skybox.

Back