Wireless Networking

Sgt.Igneri

Tank
Reaction score
lol damnt, i searched everywhere for help but i keep getting confused. Do i just need a wireless router, and that is all? Or would i need a wireless router and a wireless USB hub for the other comps? And i want 802.11g, so enlighten me on what i would need to use that.

would would need a wireless router and wireless adapters for all the the networks cards.

You need a wireless router, and then wireless NIC cards on all the computers you want running off of the wireless connection. Instead of the NIC however, you can use a wireless USB adapter, but it's not much more for the NIC card and you won't find your speed bottlenecked by the USB connection.

Most routers will also let you hardwire your connection to the computer. Meaning a 4 port wireless router will act as a regular 4 port router, as well as broadcast a wireless signal. If you can have the router sitting next to at least one computer and hardwire that, it'll save you some bucks.

Ok, so i would need a wireless router, and then a 802.11g wireless NIC for each extra comp?

make sure you check the transmission distance on the wireless router as well

Back