with all these newcomers...

You're too predictable. Your powers are getting weak, old man.

And you're an AUGUST 2003 anyway. One of those end-of-summer 2003s. You might've stained my join date, but the date of your shame will live forever!

What a shame that no-one will ever know.

You're too predictable. Your powers are getting weak, old man.

And you're an AUGUST 2003 anyway. One of those end-of-summer 2003s. You might've stained my join date, but the date of your shame will live forever!

For instance, how the hell did you get so many posts for almost half an year ? :eek:

For instance, how the hell did you get so many posts for almost half an year ? :eek:
Pi should've set my date for 2010. Then it would've really looked like an achievement.

Also if it were Jun 2010 it'd look like I had 11k posts from the future.

Cant say I know what it is like to feel welcomed since all I remember was that I did the usual of spamming up the Half Life sub forums for a while.

Newbie introduction forum could help I guess.

It's a stretch making this place feel welcoming (lets be honest, this place has attracted some messed up people over the years, harmless...but messed up) but this is meant to be a forum for a site about HL2 and other Valve related game-farts so I'm up for it.

We need fresh meat anyway, Darkside isn't nearly as entertaining without newbies to chew on.

/ smash chairs over the head of.

Or they could do what I did. Stay low, not make an ass of myself, and get the lay of the land.

Also, make a best hair thread.

I wasn't raped too badly when I first joined just over a year ago.

The tear-wounds only bleed occasionally now.

It was Willie's big black dick that did most of the damage. Yo' lil' white prick I can't even feel any more.
I agree with this newbie forum thing. If possible, it should be restricted to 2009s onwards, so we can plan a revolution against our elders. And I should be mod. Cos I joined January 1st. Win.

Finally the proletariat gets a say. Finally.

Taking a bit from PJ's idea. So there's a newbie forum. Only the people who join that year and the people one year below that year should be able to post. That's what I think. So 2010 newbies can post their intro threads, and the only people who can comment on those threads are '10ers or '09ers.

Eh? Eh?

Finally the proletariat gets a say. Finally.

Taking a bit from PJ's idea. So there's a newbie forum. Only the people who join that year and the people one year below that year should be able to post. That's what I think. So 2010 newbies can post their intro threads, and the only people who can comment on those threads are '10ers or '09ers.

Eh? Eh?

Why are you fighting for 09s and 10s when you're an 08. Is it for the good of the mothernet?

Only the people who join that year and the people one year below that year should be able to post.
2010'er: "Hey all I'm new to this forum and I like Half-Life! Lol! Also I have this theroy where I think the Gman is Gordon from the FUTURE! Tell me what you think, LOL."

2009'ers: "That's a good theroy and welcome to the forum!"

i felt pretty welcome here my first run in. hlfallout was dead for a bit and it felt like home....hell it still feels like home here.

seconded, i didnt find the transition that hard at all.

2010'er: "Hey all I'm new to this forum and I like Half-Life! Lol! Also I have this theroy where I think the Gman is Gordon from the FUTURE! Tell me what you think, LOL."

i never played the original half-life! -> get out!
I don't like the expansion packs! -> get out!
let's have a canon discussion! -> get out!

THEROOOOOOY JENKIIIIIIINS

Irony cos ur a 2009'er now. LOL.

>check new statistics
>Posts Per Day: 41.65

i never played the original half-life! -> get out!
I don't like the expansion packs! -> get out!
let's have a canon discussion! -> get out!
I don't think anyone's ever been told to get out for the second two. But if you haven't played HL1, yeah, get out. This forum ill needs their kind.

Shaddup '09er.

ohgod that felt good.

you have no avatar, your argument is invalid

you have no avatar, your argument is invalid

he does:

My first post was pretty redunku-erm... ridiculous. I got ripped to shreds and was left to die as a bloody pulp. Van_halen still has that sentence in his sig.

I used to hate you with every muscle in my butt. A lot of the newbies I hated I've warmed up to quite a bit.

We could get a newbie forum.

And after about 4 topics it would be renamed to "Theroy Forum"

You guys kept calling me a homo when I first joined.

I was saddened.

Man that guy above is a homo.

I've been on the forum for ages but haven't posted much. I have posted some crap when I do though. See? proof!

Its stupid that there is no anger allowed upon new members. When Episode 3 gets announced we will be flooded by idiots and morons who run around screaming "FAIL LOL" at everything, and nobody will be allowed to stop them. You will rue this decision. We've had a lot of new members recently, but due to the veterans hazing, we've managed to only keep the good ones.

Except DaBomb. I still cannot comprehend how one person could take such a vicious pummeling and just keep on coming back. I may not like him much, but he has most certainly earned the right to stay. We got downright nasty with him.

I see the blatant disregard for respect on the FNGs to be a test of their will.

If you take the beastings, over-use of condoms etc, you earn your right to stay.

Tuck tail and run and we all just run after you pointing and laughing.

Learning you are, young padawans.

One advise to newcomers - don't blow your cover away!
Keep it smart, keep it quiet, keep it clean.
Otherwise, you'll end up writing a '2012' thread like I did. :dozey:

Zi hail to the mods, keep the forums clean of idiots... MightyLOLZOR will be remembered, though.

No he won't.

We'll forget about him completely in a week or so.

Back