Worst case scenario for EP3

Perhaps having the same repetetive sounds in the vehicles you drive.

Seriously Gordon changed the gear more times then he actually pressed the accelerator in HL2: Ep2, plus the constant splashing whenever the vehicle was in water

I'm sure they could get some inspiration from racing games

Perhaps having the same repetetive sounds in the vehicles you drive.

Seriously Gordon changed the gear more times then he actually pressed the accelerator in HL2: Ep2, plus the constant splashing whenever the vehicle was in water

I'm sure they could get some inspiration from racing games
I seriously thought that the sound files on my Ep.2 were somehow broken when I first heard the car.

I gave it the benefit of the doubt because I thought Gordon was used to Automatics not Shift Gears

Worst case would be VALVe pulling a Duke Nukem Forever move.

Years & years in development, then abandonment.

Finding the Borealis, opening the door and finding the G-man. Then to which you go into one of the weird trance states where the G-man talks and he says something completely disappointing such as " I'm sorry...... Mr Freeman but....... your time is..... up". Then he straightens his tie and steps out of the completely dark tram thingy driving in the middle of nowhere much like at the end of the other episodes...

Finally you wake up as an old man version of Gordon in your rickety old shack that you share with the fisherman guy from Lost Coast realizing that you have, in your sleep, shat your incontinence pants...

sorry to dissapoint you-
Quote: Nihilanth:
"you are man. . he is. . not man. . for you. . he waits. . for you. . ."

I agree.The G-man is probably from another alien faction , probably the combine's arch-nemesis.I think that Ep3 will end with the Gman's species invading earth after the combine have finally been overthrown.Half Life 3 will probably deal with the final liberation of earth.Probably.

I agree.The G-man is probably from another alien faction , probably the combine's arch-nemesis.I think that Ep3 will end with the Gman's species invading earth after the combine have finally been overthrown.Half Life 3 will probably deal with the final liberation of earth.Probably.
What if "he is...not man" means the G-man is smth similar to GLaDOS in Portal, except he has a human appearance? Worst case scenario (but seems likely): G-man is a government agent, working for smth similar to "Sector 7" in Transformers, and the whole damn story is another covert operation/experiment gone wrong (Black Mesa was the 1st).

I would say Gordon Freeman's death. But knowing VALVe... they'd probably still make it kick ass. But Gordon Freeman still shouldn't die.

Yep - let's hope it (and it probably won't) doesn't end with any other key characters 'going for a Burton'.

My guess would be that the end of Ep3 will see the back of the Combine for good (not sure how though?) If there is any serious plan for another 'story arc', there may be some mild hint at what's to follow. Then again, maybe not as I don't feel that's really Valves' style.

Oh, and G-man is probably some sort of Interstellar 'God'. lol ;)

Real worst case:

Gordon's balls are a bit sweaty from the HEV suit, he reaches down...

Lump.

Back