Would more Valve protesters get us Episode 3 news?

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
You all remember those crazy fans who picketed outside of Valve HQ? Well according to PC Gamer they were eventually allowed in to play a bunch of DOTA 2.[br]PC Gamer then posed Gabe a few questions about Episode 3.[br]Newell was tight lipped when we asked him about Episode 3. “No, we don’t have anything,” he said. “If the the protesters couldn’t get it out of us…”[br]Then how many protesters would it take to get some Episode 3 news?[br]“I don’t know,” Newell replied, “but if they’d like to come out we could find out.”

What does a ticket from the old continent to Seattle cost?

This is all part of their plan. Those "protesters" were really just asked by Valve to go out there, in order to bring up Episode 3 again, and have people ask the question "will more protesters help?" Then Gabe says "go for it" and then BAM, dozens of people camping out on the Valve lawn catching the media's attention and drumming up hype for the big announcement Valve has had planned since before even the first of the so-called protesters showed up.

The announcement: Portal 3 is in the works. Why do I think it's Portal 3? In the Giant Bomb Valve Office Tour video, one of their concept artists was still painting Chell. Why continue Portal concept work if not working on a Portal game? Mark my words!

Krynn72;3293171[/quote said:
The announcement: Portal 3 is in the works. Why do I think it's Portal 3? In the Giant Bomb Valve Office Tour video, one of their concept artists was still painting Chell. Why continue Portal concept work if not working on a Portal game? Mark my words!
They're still producing Portal 2 DLC ...

This is all part of their plan. Those "protesters" were really just asked by Valve to go out there, in order to bring up Episode 3 again, and have people ask the question "will more protesters help?" Then Gabe says "go for it" and then BAM, dozens of people camping out on the Valve lawn catching the media's attention and drumming up hype for the big announcement Valve has had planned since before even the first of the so-called protesters showed up.

I think you're being facetious, but in case you aren't - it's because Valve clearly plans on releasing Portal 2 DLC for years to come :p

I would totally go camp out on Valve's lawn for a week with some signs and slogans about Episode 3 if I had the funds... I wonder what Valve would do if a couple hundred people showed up at their front door and refused to leave without at least a scrap of Ep3/HL3 news?

Why do I think it's Portal 3? In the Giant Bomb Valve Office Tour video, one of their concept artists was still painting Chell. Why continue Portal concept work if not working on a Portal game? Mark my words!
That was an old video and the picture was for the Portal comic they did. If I didn't live so far away, I would go, several times. :p

I definitely would go out there if I had the money as well. Especially since I am on vacation and some family lives out there.

If I lived in US and not Australia, I'd never leave that damn lawn..

I could be there in ~ 3 hours driving time (depending on border wait times).

Anyone know if you can just drop in for tours?

I could be there in ~ 3 hours driving time (depending on border wait times).

Anyone know if you can just drop in for tours?

I seriously doubt it. But I'd go if I had the money, by plane or car even. Sadly I don't have the money.

And yes, I was being facetious with my first post.

Actually funny story but sadly could have happened. I recently got laid off at the end of March. However the company shuts down the first week of July. The Summer of 2010 I didn't plan for anything so I went camping. This year though I was like "I got the money, I can totally do this and check out Seattle, WA". :( It's expensive though as you got the plane ticket, car rental, food, lodging, etc.

Oh by the way: welcome reddit. Don't mind the mess. Just blame Munro for that. We all do.

Maybe it's been ready for years and they've just been waiting for a mob to show up and for-... er... convince them to release.

Also, anyone going to PAX, organize a raid.

I was wondering why HL2.net was down earlier, then I saw the reddit thread in r/gaming...

I dont mind they taking long to release Episode 3, I just hope they release it before I die

Like everyone else, if I had the money and no other commitments, I would totally be there.

Maybe we should all just mass-mail pictures of ourselves instead of going in person. It's a lot cheaper.

"Pack your bags, kids! We're going to Seattle!" is what I would say if I had money...Or kids.

When will Gabe stop lying? Next week? Next month? Next year? The year after that again?

Ignore Valve until they release HL3. That's the way to go. I'm sure Gabe is laughing his ass off at you people.

Ignore Valve until they release HL3. That's the way to go.

Good luck with that. Make sure you come back and tell us how it goes.

I'm sure Gabe is laughing his ass off at you people.

Yeah, I'm sure he's laughing his ass off at the people that want Episode 3/HL3, and not the people that think that ignoring Valve until they release it is actually going to work. Yep.

BauerSlyer is right. I am going to initiate a boycott in the form of refraining from the use of my @halflife2.net email. That'll do it.

When will Gabe stop lying? Next week? Next month? Next year? The year after that again?

Ignore Valve until they release HL3. That's the way to go. I'm sure Gabe is laughing his ass off at you people.

Ask yourself: what would Jack Bauer do if he were a Half-Life fan, waiting for Ep3's release? Find the answer and then put it into play. Off you go.

Ignore Valve until they release HL3.

It's your right as a customer. Just vote with your wallet.

I've become a bit skeptical about Valve. The latest games announced are totally out of my interest and Portal 2 was a big disappointment to me. Personal opinion, there's no need to flame me.

Protests bring media coverage, announcing it after a large rally would do wonders for Valve.

I find it so incredibly funny that BauerSlyer actually decided to post here.

He'd just shout "damnit!" and move on with his life. What a man...

Really? I was thinking more along the lines of...

"WHERE'S EPISODE THREE!? WHERE IS THE GAME? WHERE IS IT? I'M NOT GOING TO STOP UNTIL YOU TELL ME WHERE IT IS! TELL ME WHERE THE GAME IS!"

HNiop.jpg

Huh? No flame, but what didn't you like about it? I thought it was superb, even better than the first.

Portal 2 is the same old thing, to me. I'm halfway and I'm getting really bored, I feel no impulse to keep playing.

Back