wow, nvidia is a bunch of liars

Ridic

Tank
Reaction score
hrdanvdbcmrkti_l1.jpg

l o l. unless this test was done looking at the floor crouching in the smallet room in a 2 year old game, they are lieing. :eek:

yea seem like it will either tie up with the 9800 pro or be a lil better, though, the 9800 pro is the best possible card for HL2.

At higher res FX wins but at lower it sometimes loses in benchmarks. Also it loses aginst the 9800 pro when doing single texturing...

ok, so lets just say the 9800 pro and the 5900 ultra are totaly equal, because i could go pariniod if i dont get the better one. so lets leave them at equal ;)

I wouldn't say that they're equal. 5900 ultra is faster than the 9800 according to benchmarks and reviews I've seen, but in a few months from now ATI will be releasing their R360 core, which should blow away the 5900. Then a few months after that Nvidia will be releasing another core being faster than ATIs'. It's just gonna keep going back and forth.

There will never be a "Fastest" card...better ones are always in development :D, well thats my opinion I could be wrong

Okey, here is my 2 cents:

9800 Pro and 5800U are almost ecqual (spell?) in speed. Then speed isnt everything. Here are somethings that you need to think about:

Radeon has MUCH better FSAA and AF. Just look at these images:

Nvidia:

6xaa_nv30.jpg

ATI:

6xaa_r300.gif

One more thing, ATIs FSAA and AF are faster then NV30.

The FX card sounds like a bitch! Its sounds much more then a 60mm DELTA fan!

Well....It isnt a hard question anymore for me, ati all the way!

Just take a look at this movie (from nVidia)
http://download.nvidia.com/downloads/nZone/cooling_fan.wmv

Do you really want that?!

Those numbers dont really matter in benchmarks(3d mark) since they dont use any real game engine. Im happy if the game even plays at all, Im on a gf 2 mx400. Try being in my shoes :p

Originally posted by Majestic XII
Okey, here is my 2 cents:

9800 Pro and 5800U are almost ecqual (spell?) in speed. Then speed isnt everything. Here are somethings that you need to think about:

Radeon has MUCH better FSAA and AF. Just look at these images:

Nvidia:

http://www.sweclockers.com/html/recension/6_grafikkort/img/6xaa_nv30.jpg

ATI:

http://www.sweclockers.com/html/recension/6_grafikkort/img/6xaa_r300.gif

One more thing, ATIs FSAA and AF are faster then NV30.

The FX card sounds like a bitch! Its sounds much more then a 60mm DELTA fan!

Well....It isnt a hard question anymore for me, ati all the way!

Just take a look at this movie (from nVidia)
http://download.nvidia.com/downloads/nZone/cooling_fan.wmv

Do you really want that?!

We were talking about the 5900U (NV35), not the 5800U (NV30). There's a big difference between the two. And the 5900U doesn't have that crazy ass fan.

Originally posted by Jager
We were talking about the 5900U (NV35), not the 5800U (NV30). There's a big difference between the two. And the 5900U doesn't have that crazy ass fan.

oh oh oh, my bad, sorry :)

But it hink youll all agree the 5900 is heavily overpriced. I know they are always expensive when first released, but it shouldnt be that expensive. The 9800 Pro was a reasonable amount, not £450/£500

You could build your own pretty good computer for £500, the price of graphics cards are getting ridiculous now :/ But, never fear, there will always be some mug that will buy the best card you can get when it first comes out

Originally posted by PainLord
But it hink youll all agree the 5900 is heavily overpriced. I know they are always expensive when first released, but it shouldnt be that expensive. The 9800 Pro was a reasonable amount, not £450/£500

they are all heavily overpriced...and why ? causs they need to get a even "better" card on the market to beat the next nvidia card (same goes for nvidia)...if they would spend more time on creating a gfx card that is actually REALLY FASTER instead of tweaking a old card and changing some numbers so it looks faster and put some more time between releases prices wouldnt be so f4cking high...(same goes for nvidia)

loque, I tottaly agree, I wish there was one company who brought graphics cards to us, no more games saying

"oh noo lik3 y0r carrd dus3nt w0rk wif f1s gam3"

if there was one company there would be much better quality, because theres no competition, but the prices might be high because there the only graphics card company :D, if you know what I mean :)

Back