WoW. the lil things make is SO much better...

commando

Reaction score
Wow ok i dunno if u lot have said this before, BUT....

1) have you noticed the CURSOR of the weapons?

with the curved lines around the pointer?

Well the one on the right is your ammo, and the curved line will go down when ammo is running out!

the one of the left i dunno, but i reacon it is the health! :)

how cool.

If u are wondering i mean the weapon cursor in the middle of the screen.

plz add what u have seen "the little things that will make this game better"

1. That's been spotted before.
2. I can't think of any little details now...

I've noticed that the pistol quite possibly has a semi automatic operation like in CS. In HL1 if you held down the fire button it would let off a round a second, and clicking faster didn't have much of an impact. But this time it looks as if the faster you click, the faster your pistol goes off. Which is much better and realistic.

Originally posted by Chris_D
I've noticed that the pistol quite possibly has a semi automatic operation like in CS. In HL1 if you held down the fire button it would let off a round a second, and clicking faster didn't have much of an impact. But this time it looks as if the faster you click, the faster your pistol goes off. Which is much better and realistic.

1. I agree that holding down the mouse shouldn't fire multiple shots since pistols are semi-automatic, not automatic.

2. But there should be a limit on how fast you can fire...there is a physical constraint on how fast the chamber can reload.

The firing delay on semi-automatic weapons is presumably weapon dependant, like it has been in nearly all HL1 mods since CS and possibly before. I mean some pistols you can fire as fast as you can click, others require more time for the round to chamber.

We shall see.

some ning-come-poop will prolly make a script to make the pisol fire as fast as it can by holding the button or something similar....it better not be allowed in multiplayer......id be like a cheat

We want metal storm weapons, they dont have that constraint, well they have but its really low.
2ms/shot for a grenadelauncher.

If you all like the little things then why are u all flaming people for pionting out the little problems.

Originally posted by Chris_D

If you pushed secondary fire on the Glock in Half-Life 1, it'd fire rapidly.

I know, but that sucked.

Ry, it's so much better pointing out cool little things than it is complaining about petty silly things.

Oh, didnt see this thread before i created mine. I thought it was about World of Warcraft. :E

Hrm, there are lots of cool things i noticed in the e3 video, here's a few of them:

I thought it was cool when Gordon hit the manhack with the crowbar and it flew into the shelf, causing the shelf to fall off.

When the strider impaled the guy, a very convincing shadow is on the wall of the bulding.

In the manhack video, when the combine soldier on the catwalks was shot, he first fell to his knees, and then his body fell forward, pulling him off of the ledge.

Speaking of ManHacks, I want to know what that mysterious gun is. The gun in the ManHack video that had set the Combine on fire.

Yeah, seems like a flaming grenade launcher... a combine weapon, perhaps. Makes me think more and more that Gordon is going to join the combine.

hey there, i just got bk from holiday. :). now i gota catch up with all the info i missed. And download traptown and tunnels :D.

Neway, do you think you guys could just fill me in just a little bit on what i have missed. Like the most important things :). If you want.

yea I would like to be able to fire fast by clicking the mouse faster, it gives me the feel of more control. Like counter-strike used to be.

On another note, I dont know if this is in or not, but I really hate the current jumping in mods, etc. Jump once have to stop. Barely able to walk. I hate that , i hope thats not in the single player portion.

Originally posted by marksmanHL2 :)
hey there, i just got bk from holiday. :). now i gota catch up with all the info i missed. And download traptown and tunnels :D.

Neway, do you think you guys could just fill me in just a little bit on what i have missed. Like the most important things :). If you want.

people are debating wether or not hl2 is delayed.

Originally posted by Typhon
1. I agree that holding down the mouse shouldn't fire multiple shots since pistols are semi-automatic, not automatic.

2. But there should be a limit on how fast you can fire...there is a physical constraint on how fast the chamber can reload.

There are fully automatic pistols, such as the glock 18.

I noticed the gun used to shoot the sentries has a reflective eyepiece.

I also saw that combine soldiers also have shell caseings that are discharged from their guns when fired.

Things I noticed that I like:

I love the sound of bullets hitting tile in "bug bait."
The splash when the hydra slams the combine in the puddle.
The almost musical quality of the sound of manhacks hitting metal.
The bullet hole decals showing up on both sides of the surface in bug bait.
The distant, echoing sound of someone shouting "Striiiiiiiider!"

the echo of strider and run sooo rules.

what is MAN HACKS??

are they the men u see in the tunnels vid?

soz i thought they were called combines

They aren't men. They are like flying buzz-saws. Kind of like big insects with saw blades. They tear through everything that can break, and when you hit them with the crowbar they careen off into stuff and make lots of sparks. They're pretty awesome! :eek:

Originally posted by Tredoslop
Speaking of ManHacks, I want to know what that mysterious gun is. The gun in the ManHack video that had set the Combine on fire.
Grenade launchers with incendary grenades in it.

Judging that it has some circle on it to indicate its incendary i would believe you can get other ammo types for it.

I love the ragdoll effects. The corposes seem to maintain a natural rigidity as opposed to turning into floppy ragdolls like you see in Raven Shield and other games (but trust me, I'd rather see bad ragdoll effects in a game than no ragdoll!). For instance, the third combine in the Trap Town video falls to the floor, but his leg stays bent with his knee in the air. Very cool!

Back