X1800 XL run in 3DMark 05 (Screens)

I doubt that is real. The site is a little fishey..

3DMark is synthetic.
Wait for real benches in games and from more trusted sites.

i remember they showed GF7800 3DMark score before it release , which was true in the end...

wtf how could believe this; that looks more like a pci-e x800xl and notice how they blurred the gfx card name on 3dmark 05

giant384 said:
wtf how could believe that its looks more like a pci-e x800xl and notice how they blurred the gfx card name on 3dmark 05
i noticed that too

You guys are funny. lol
Anyway, what kind of score were you expecting from an XL model and why does 3Dmark (synthetic) hold any significance?

Asus said:
You guys are funny. lol
Anyway, what kind of score were you expecting from an XL model and why does 3Dmark (synthetic) hold any significance?
Because it can provide false positives and has been know to be exploited by video card companies to boost their score.

Are you so quick to forget about the nVidia incident a year or so back?

Can't make any judgements from this at all and even if it is true, there is like 2 or 3 fps difference in teh 3 tests that were run with the 2 cards!

Well, on the score that is supposedly the X1800XL, if you look, it actually has the name of the GFX blurred out. It could be any card.

Ren.182 said:
Well, on the score that is supposedly the X1800XL, if you look, it actually has the name of the GFX blurred out. It could be any card.

Exactly! I'd be very surprised it it was true!

i just realized x800xls dont have power connecters on the for pci-e version

hkepc should be a trustworthy site, 'cept it's all in chinese so no one can read it...

That website got 4 7800 GTX running in SLI on one motherboard.

yes they lost war in prices:
R520 lands next week, but how much will it set you back if you want one at launch? We've got details on the pricing of R520 and its brethren across the X1xx range.

The top dog X1800 XT with 512MiB of memory will be priced at $549, with a 256MiB variant weighing in at $499, while the X1800 XL 256MiB will cost $449. A quick check of a popular US online retailer showed NVIDIA's GeForce 7800 GTX selling around the $460 mark, with the 7800 GT costing ~$360.

btw this site HKEPC is trustworthy , they have close conection with ATI.
and btw whay do you think they lost war ? score is good for XL.

I'm just curious to know how they got their hands on the actual card itself. Doesn't that seem illegal? I mean if gamespot.com had Half Life 2 a week ahead of time, Valve would sue their ass. Best Buy got sued several times for accidently selling games early, like Doom 3. Wouldn't ATi do the same thing? Do laws not apply to hardware as well? I just can't wait to see benchmarks that we KNOW are true. That 512mb card might be nice! Nice to see you can get it for just 50 bucks more than the 256mb card. Plus you probably wouldn't have to upgrade for a while.

NikolaX said:

well.. ATI said the X1800 cards line will be far more better than the GF7800 serias, so if the XL couldn't beat GT , thats really bad..anyway ill just wait for games benchmarks.

DigiQ8 said:
ATI said the X1800 cards line will be far more better than the GF7800 serias.

really?? i thought that nvidia said the 7800 was way better then the x1800!!

bryanf445 said:
really?? i thought that nvidia said the 7800 was way better then the x1800!!
i dunno if you being sarcstic or not =\
how would Nvidia say 7800 better than the unreleased x1800 =\

I'm designing my own graphics card in my basement, it's going to be better than 5 7800s put together.

NikolaX said:

You can't really compare MSRP prices to in-store-prices as they tend to be alot lower when it comes to local shops (and VERY different when comparing different stores to each other).

WhiteZero said:
Because it can provide false positives and has been know to be exploited by video card companies to boost their score.

Are you so quick to forget about the nVidia incident a year or so back?

Any game can provide false positives and be exploited by video card companies to boost their score, mainly by using "evil" drivers (that lower image quality and boost performance), but this is why Futuremark has an approved drivers list.

im just going to wait intil the card is released to see which one i want to get i was going to for a 7800gt but ill wait

DigiQ8 said:
i dunno if you being sarcstic or not =\
how would Nvidia say 7800 better than the unreleased x1800 =\

srry i forgot to wrap sarcasm tags :LOL:

bryanf445 said:
i feel honored to be the reason for your 2,000 post!

no sarcasm this time:p
/gives The cause of Digi's 2000 posts medal to Bryanf445 ^^

Back