xbox360 :: Crackdown Demo Dated

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
available next Tuesday, The demo shows of online co-op, allowing two players to team up and rid the streets of crime in an open world. You also get to jump real far. -- IGN

i cant wait for this demo

Cool! Haven't really read too much on this game and am gonna keep it that way and try the demo.

so is a gta but now you are the police?

Let us know how the demo is because I have been of the opinion for a long time now that this game looks like garbage.

i'll download it, but my expectations will remain low

I'll check it out :)

I really hope it's good, because if then I'll get it and then get Halo3 beta with it... If it's horrible there is no way I'm wasting $60 on a game just for a beta. I would take my chances the usual ways.

Looks like it's GTA in the future.

Shnazzy.

So yeah, great wee demo here. Lotsa fun. I think I'll use my Xmas vouchers for a purchase.

Some niggles though:

- When going to leap from a rooftop, the slightest graze of a parapet reduces the potency of your jump considerably. Very annoying.

- When attempting to fire at criminals from roofs, you'll do a melee attack if there's a railing/parapet/ballustrade in front of you

- Overall vehicle performance is fairly... mehhh.... at this stage

- Limited melee combat. One roundhouse kick, one kick/stomp when enemies are on the ground, and the standard weapon melee. What about jumping kicks, death-from-above attacks?

- Targeting was a bit slow when you want to throw an object.

Other than those points, it's great fun. Lots of stuff going on, there's constant action. There's a tactical approach to the objectives of the demo. If anyone wants to try a co-op, buzz me on Live. :)

So yeah, great wee demo here. Lotsa fun. I think I'll use my Xmas vouchers for a purchase.

Some niggles though:

- When going to leap from a rooftop, the slightest graze of a parapet reduces the potency of your jump considerably. Very annoying.

- When attempting to fire at criminals from roofs, you'll do a melee attack if there's a railing/parapet/ballustrade in front of you

- Limited melee combat. One roundhouse kick, one kick/stomp when enemies are on the ground, and the standard weapon melee. What about jumping kicks, death-from-above attacks?

- Targeting was a bit slow when you want to throw an object.

Other than those points, it's great fun. Lots of stuff going on, there's constant action. There's a tactical approach to the objectives of the demo. If anyone wants to try a co-op, buzz me on Live. :)
Hey
Add me to your Live Friends List, i'd like to play some coop with you.

username :
DigiQ8

Add me as well since I have yet to do co-op!

Tag: briguy992
Also, the melee when a rail in the way is sort of annoying but it's better than wasting bullets.

Also vehicles are a bit weird to control. I guess we just have to get used to it tho.

Ugh, the demo system they have plain doesn't work with trying to get co-op to work with friends. The least they could have done was add the ability to invite people to the game.

I know this won't be an issue with the retail version since with that you can just use the Invite Friends button and all, but it's really annoying in the demo.

Oh well.

I had a great accomplishment today! I managed to climb to the very top of the world on the laser tower :D It was _awesome_. Only need Agility lvl 3 anyways, but it takes like seriously about 10 minutes the first time to get up there.

Just played Coop game with someone, and it is awesome !
i loved it, especially the Race Mode, you and your friend start racing in foot, jumping from Building to another, running on the streets etc..

I say must buy !

Guys - I'll add you to Live tonight. I posted that and went to give it big Z's yesterday.

This gets a lot better when you level up in it. Cars start to drive like cars once you reach higher levels.

Also, don't use any of the Agency super-vehicles to start with. The normal police cars you get in the starting area are much better when starting. (Also they have sirens, which are awesome!)

Download now.

1% complete.

Booyah...

This gets a lot better when you level up in it. Cars start to drive like cars once you reach higher levels.

Also, don't use any of the Agency super-vehicles to start with. The normal police cars you get in the starting area are much better when starting. (Also they have sirens, which are awesome!)
Fair point. I never levelled up much in terms of driving skills. Just strength and agility. And I only use the cop cars anyway. Just for clearing paths on the roads. :D

Anyone managed to kill all four crime lords yet? I can't do it in 30 minutes.

Yeah, this game is pretty meh.

I mean, I love jumping, that's awesome as but combat, driving, missions, story, graphics, AI and basically everything else sucks.

Should have it by tonight. I've been watching the videos and I absoloutly HATE how fast the guy seems to be running. It looks like GTA on acid or something. Looks way too fast for my liking. I'm hoping I can just, y'know, not level up agility or something? Everything else looks pretty cool.

Has anyone else spent ages shooting out all ya car tyres and sliding/drifting all the way down the street? :D

GT = gMan85 - add me! ;)

Should have it by tonight. I've been watching the videos and I absoloutly HATE how fast the guy seems to be running. It looks like GTA on acid or something. Looks way too fast for my liking. I'm hoping I can just, y'know, not level up agility or something? Everything else looks pretty cool.

Eh you kind of need it for the jumping from roof to roof and whatnot :x

Yeeeeaaaaaah but it just looks silly. :p

God ****ing DAMNIT.

My download hits 80%, and my 360 ****ING DIES ON ME.

;(

I'll see if it's fixable.

Yeeeeaaaaaah but it just looks silly. :p

Dude come on you're a superhero! :p It's not supposed to be realistic.

BTW, climbing to the top of the laser tower is fun! :D I even managed to balance myself on the very tip of the antenna so I was at the absolute highest point in the world which was a neat accomplishment.

The game is so open-ended and really has no place you can't go.

One thing I wish was that there were interiors. I mean it's fun jumping all around the city, but come on somebody open up their door and let me in!

Just played two sessions with my mate - the first in which we tryed relentlessly to get up to the top of the Agency Building regardless of only being Level 0/1 (we didn't get further than the scaffolding allowed) and in the second game we went our seperate ways and leveled up. After much frustration, we managed to get to the last part before the main top of the tower, then the demo ended. But still, we know what to do now, so when we go back on later we'll spend the first 30 mins levelling up, then we're going to go to seperate parts of the island and race across town and to the top of the tower.

Going to be sweet, hopefully.

i dislke the gta style targeting system, if it wasn't for that i'd like it. oh and the annoying logos donating friend and foe.

Back