Yasser Arafat dies at age 75

Are u happy that arafat is dead?

• yes

Votes: 43 45.3%
  • no

Votes: 52 54.7%

• Total voters
gh0st said:
im not using selective sources. clinton knew that the man was a buffoon, im not sure what the "infantada" is but the intifada started in 2000, im not sure where you're getting this 93 number. the whole thing was over by 92. arafat was directly responsible for the most deadly period of violence in israels history (outside all out warfare). how do you defend this idiot? he killed 427 civilians during this period in 6665 seperate attacks. how is that justifiable?

here read this

btw arafat had little or no control over the extremists that were responsible for the deaths of civilians

also there are more than one infantadas ..the one you're referring to is the Al-Aqsa Intifada. The one I'm talking about was in 1987 and lasted till the signing of the oslo accords in 1993. BTW the infantada loosely means "ebb and tide of violence" ...but it was used to talk about the period of civil disobedience that spiraled into violence on both sides by the time the accords were signed in 1993

Monkey, the buffoon apparently doesn't have a right idea as to what's important and what isn't.

jaguar_987 said:
I think you should be banned for offensive behaviour.

Good for you. But I doubt that any reprimand I recieve will be that harsh, seeing as how such offenses were directed at a blatant troll.

colson said:
Finally! That sonova bitch deserves to go to hell. I hope he has a tormented, brutal afterlife!
Are you serious? That's absolutely horrible.

And jaguar, if you're not interested in the topic then just f*ck off out of the debate. Stop acting like a child.

I'd just like to make the following point. Regardless of whether you liked Yasser Arafat or not, his death is sad because the Palestinian movement have lost the figure they have rallied round for decades. As such, things have been thrown into chaos and as such, one of the following may happen:
1. a) The Palestinian authoritites, thrown into disarray, will not be able to decide unanimously on one leader, and it breaks down into petty factions. Violence escalates.
b) Amidst the chaos, the Israelis take the opportunity they have been waiting for to completely crush resistance aggravating the situation and much of the world community. Violence escalates.
c) Either happens, antagonising Palestinians and Islamic extremists, and "world terrorism" gets a bit more violent.
d) All of the above.

2. a) The Palestinian authorities decide on one successor who is worse than Arafat either in terms of diplomacy, as a figurehead, dissuading people from violence, etc. or all of the above.
b) The Palestinian authorities decide on someone better who brings instant and ever-lasting peace to the region which spreads throughout the world. Not going to happen.

Can't people, rather than pissing on his grave, accept the gravity of what has just happened and concentrate on the momentous repercussions it's going to cause?

Israel will surelly take over now, I call that an ivasion, the world, how ever, calls it war on terrorism.

el Chi said:
Are you serious? That's absolutely horrible.

And jaguar, if you're not interested in the topic then just f*ck off out of the debate. Stop acting like a child.

I'd just like to make the following point. Regardless of whether you liked Yasser Arafat or not, his death is sad because the Palestinian movement have lost the figure they have rallied round for decades. As such, things have been thrown into chaos and as such, one of the following may happen:
1. a) The Palestinian authoritites, thrown into disarray, will not be able to decide unanimously on one leader, and it breaks down into petty factions. Violence escalates.
b) Amidst the chaos, the Israelis take the opportunity they have been waiting for to completely crush resistance aggravating the situation and much of the world community. Violence escalates.
c) Either happens, antagonising Palestinians and Islamic extremists, and "world terrorism" gets a bit more violent.
d) All of the above.

2. a) The Palestinian authorities decide on one successor who is worse than Arafat either in terms of diplomacy, as a figurehead, dissuading people from violence, etc. or all of the above.
b) The Palestinian authorities decide on someone better who brings instant and ever-lasting peace to the region which spreads throughout the world. Not going to happen.

Can't people, rather than pissing on his grave, accept the gravity of what has just happened and concentrate on the momentous repercussions it's going to cause?
Cherish life...mourn death.

btw, Well written Mr.Chi chi. :p

Adrien C said:
Israel will surelly take over now, I call that an ivasion, the world, how ever, calls it war on terrorism.

Exactly, except for I wouldn't say Isreal would completely take over.

I want to ask a question to all members of this board a question. Explain to me the difference between a fanatic blowing a bomb in the middle of a busy street and Israeli soldiers firing at an unarmed 12 year old boy and his father for 45 minutes.

Both acts in my mind are terrorism, and both are heinous. The death of a civilian life is wrong, no matter how you cut it. But the Palestinians are fighting against an opponent who is not capable of doing any wrong in the world's eye, thus giving them a free pass to assult civilian targets under the pretext they thought it harboured "Radicals that posed a threat to Israeli civilians", while Palestinians are labelled as terrorists for attempting to fight in any way possible against a force that occupies their home country. The sheer hypocracy is so blatant that anyone who dares to argue this point is so utterly biased that there is little hope of saving him.

If everyone want to know the secret to peace in Palestine, I will tell you all now. Send the message to Bush, Cheney, or even your grandma, I don't care. Bottom line is: Remove the Israeli occupation forces from Palestine, you remove all need for violent actions. Bingo bango, you're done.

As for Arafat, no man can control the date of his death. It was his time to go. People who label him as a "terrorist" need to stop and think a little before they speak.

Bait, I agree with you to an extent, but I wouldn't say that Israel can do no wrong in the world's eyes far far from it. A lot of people sympathise with the Palestinian cause and DON'T make the mistake of branding them all "terrorists" (how convenient is that phrase, Mr. Sharon?) and are pissed off at the extreme reaction the Israeli army has taken in so many occasions. I think many people realise that, whilst they may be more official, the army's retalliations are grossly disproportianate to the attacks. Sympathy also must be with the Israelis to an extent, though. It's such an incredibly difficult situation.

The solution to the problems in the Middle East cannot be resolved as simply as you propose, but I do see where you're going. The US government must withdraw a lot of support for Israel or at least use its influence to keep Israel on a tighter leesh. The continued support - both economically and politically - for Israel from the US is bad for both the Middle East and for the US, but it won't stop any time soon, sadly.

el Chi said:
You're wrong, he wasn't a terrorist. Hamas was a terrorist group and he wasn't part of that, but perhaps you're grouping him in with that because he's also from Palestine? How open-minded of you.
And that "single power" taking it decisively is the exact scary neo-Imperialist view that too many Americans adopt. It's sickening.

You sir, are a moron. Take a look back at his life. The man not only financed terrorism, but on several occasions smuggled terrorists and their weapons into Israel.

Specifically in 1994 when Arafat entered the gaza strip he smuggled 2 PLO operatives in his Mercedes.

Homer said:
You sir, are a moron. Take a look back at his life. The man not only financed terrorism, but on several occasions smuggled terrorists and their weapons into Israel.

Specifically in 1994 when Arafat entered the gaza strip he smuggled 2 PLO operatives in his Mercedes.
No, you made it sound as if he was directly responsible for financing terrorism in the same way Osama bin Laden is. This is not true.
I'd like a link to your source of his weapons smuggling.
I imagine he did travel with PLO operatives. He was, after all, the chairman of the PLO.The main Palestinian terrorist organisation is Hamas. The PLO was not quite as bad.

Once again I would like to mention that what is more important at this time are the repercussions. The following is taken from here.
Some militants accused Israel of causing his death and a leader of al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, Raid al-Aidi, swore to avenge it:
"We hold Israel fully responsible for the assassination of our mentor and father... It was caused by the siege imposed on him."
I highlighted militants for a reason. Not all Palestinians are thinking along those lines.

canada's parliament building had the palestinian flag at half mast ...not everyone saw him as a terrorist

i did'nt see him as a terrorist. I think that Israel are more to blame than Palestine for the conflict anyway.

First Off: Every should disregard Adrien C's comments on Israel, Palestine, whatever. He's an anti-semite, and that *kinda* influences everything he says.

A force of peace? He is responisible for the killing of thousands of Israeli citizens!

Talk about helping the Palestinian people? He's been giving millions and millions of dollars by countires and organizations to help the Palestinian people. Did the people ever see that money? No. It has all been depositied into personal accoutn of Arafat.

He was responisible for the murder of the Israeli olympic athletes as well.

I, for one, am glad to see him go. And I hope the PLO chooses someone that will actually make an effort towards peace.

SidewinderX said:
First Off: Every should disregard Adrien C's comments on Israel, Palestine, whatever. He's an anti-semite, and that *kinda* influences everything he says.

First off, this thread is exactly how I feel actually, is not that I dislike your religion or anything, is just that, what you are doing in Palestine is unacceptable, I call it Terrorism myself, and the bad thing, is that no one moves a finger about it, why ? So many reasons that you wouldn’t understand anyway.

A bad example : Some ones leaves your house, and 2000 years later, you come back and claim it, the world helped the Jews in WWII by seteling them in now Israel, witch was supposed to be your old house according to history. First off, I find that kind of an un-proper decision, what would you say if the UK claimed backs half of the US, just because they use to live there? Stupid, you would say, that was 300 years ago, so talk about 2000 years ago when the Jews owned Israel back then.

Now, If I was given a chance to have a country for us, at least I would help the guys that gave us half of it, what did Israel do ?
Attack them, and take more of Palestine. What would you do if your country was invaded and you didn't have any means to defend it ? Well, guerrilla warfare is the only way out, unfortunately.

My main point, is that, I dislike the way Israel handle things, and why the international community doesn’t do a thing about it, and please don't tell me the media isn’t controlled , because it is.

Another point, when ever we mention a single thing about you guys, you IMEDIATLY start calling people anti-Semite, Nazi lover, neo Nazi etc etc. It always the same, when ever some politician has some balls to speak, the media attacks with this kind of BS.

So yeah, I’d like to see some one speak about it for once.

Thanks for your opinion any way.

Bait said:

I want to ask a question to all members of this board a question. Explain to me the difference between a fanatic blowing a bomb in the middle of a busy street and Israeli soldiers firing at an unarmed 12 year old boy and his father for 45 minutes.

Both acts in my mind are terrorism, and both are heinous. The death of a civilian life is wrong, no matter how you cut it. But the Palestinians are fighting against an opponent who is not capable of doing any wrong in the world's eye, thus giving them a free pass to assult civilian targets under the pretext they thought it harboured "Radicals that posed a threat to Israeli civilians", while Palestinians are labelled as terrorists for attempting to fight in any way possible against a force that occupies their home country. The sheer hypocracy is so blatant that anyone who dares to argue this point is so utterly biased that there is little hope of saving him.

If everyone want to know the secret to peace in Palestine, I will tell you all now. Send the message to Bush, Cheney, or even your grandma, I don't care. Bottom line is: Remove the Israeli occupation forces from Palestine, you remove all need for violent actions. Bingo bango, you're done.

As for Arafat, no man can control the date of his death. It was his time to go. People who label him as a "terrorist" need to stop and think a little before they speak.

Arafat wasn't a good man, but he did keep faith in the Palestine people, and above all, he gave them hope.

Edit: Bah, was hoping for some debate before going to bed :(

Bait said:

I want to ask a question to all members of this board a question. Explain to me the difference between a frantic blowing a bomb in the middle of a busy street and Israeli soldiers farting at an unarmed 12 year old boy and his father for 45 minutes.

Both acts in my mind are terrorism, and both are hernias. The death of a civilian life is wrong, no matter how you cut it. But the Palestinians are fighting against an opponent who is not capable of doing any wrong in the world's eye, thus giving them a free pass to assult civilian targets under the pretext they thought it harboured "Radicals that posed a threat to Israeli civilians", while Palestinians are labelled as terrorists for attempting to fight in any way possible against a force that occupies their home country. The sheer hypocracy is so blatant that anyone who dares to argue this point is so utterly biased that there is little hope of saving him.

I think its about time this thread got moved to the political section

*moved n stuff*

it all depends on who takes power next. i am pretty apothetic about this in general.

Was does apothetic mean? Cant find it in dictionary.
Anyway i agree with you it all depends who will be in control next.
But judging by the funeral images chaos is isntalled everyone is in charge.
I hope they pull themselves together to begin the peace process.
Peace bieng the key word.
i would like to know what his will says about his money who will it go to.

The freedom fighters in France during WWII was terrorists too, wren't they?

Yeah freedom fighters rebel fighters terrorists all the same depends on whos side you are on.

i mean almost every country was born of some kind of belic outcome.
Obviously there are some exceptions.

Another point, when ever we mention a single thing about you guys, you IMEDIATLY start calling people anti-Semite, Nazi lover, neo Nazi etc etc. It always the same, when ever some politician has some balls to speak, the media attacks with this kind of BS.
No, I called you an anti-semite because you have repeataly made degragatory comments towards Jews. Multiple times.

A bad example : Some ones leaves your house, and 2000 years later, you come back and claim it, the world helped the Jews in WWII by seteling them in now Israel, witch was supposed to be your old house according to history. First off, I find that kind of an un-proper decision, what would you say if the UK claimed backs half of the US, just because they use to live there? Stupid, you would say, that was 300 years ago, so talk about 2000 years ago when the Jews owned Israel back then.

Now, If I was given a chance to have a country for us, at least I would help the guys that gave us half of it, what did Israel do ?
Attack them, and take more of Palestine. What would you do if your country was invaded and you didn't have any means to defend it ? Well, guerrilla warfare is the only way out, unfortunately.

My main point, is that, I dislike the way Israel handle things, and why the international community doesn’t do a thing about it, and please don't tell me the media isn’t controlled , because it is.
Yes, you're right, that is a bad example. The English didn't originally live here, and those that did had a thing called a "revolution." You might have heard of it.... It was what founded America.

But the reason why they were given a country was because they have been oppressed for 2000 years. Name a single other group of people that have been outlawed, oppressed, and had multiple attempts to systematically kill them in nearly every country they've settled in.

Yes, Israel hasn't done everything "right" with the Palestinians. But consider this. They're finally given a country where they AREN'T oppressed, and they want to keep it. From the moment they formed the nation, they've been under attack.

I don't mean this as a "get out of Israel in every way" type thing, but there are many other Islamic countries in the area; there is NO other Jewish country. And yes, the other Islamic countries aren't letting them settle in thier country. That's part of the problem. Egypt, Jordan, Syria, etc., want conflict in Israel. If they let Palestinians settle in thier country, that will remove some of the tension. That's why the Palestinians have to live in refugee camps on the borders.

And, in the end, I think the whole situation will come down to who wants it more. And, if the past 3 wars have been any indication, it looks like Israel does.

i dont think thats a good argument, that just makes peopel like adrian c angrier. but yes, he is a dumbass. heres a good one; the british had colonized palastine, an dth arabs had no problem. the jews came in, and what? ...kill them! JIhad!! if anything the "palastinians" are reacist. they only called themselves palastinians in the 1970'z

Good point Eg. Although, I dont know the point of trying to kill jews--their behavior of "Settleing" came in with the placement of the British, who knew Jews fleeing from Europe during or after WWII, would'nt be accepted in Countries like France, Spain, Britain, Italy, Greece, West Germany, East Germany, Poland, or Russia.

The Contingent of suvivors was infact forced south, and now its appeared to be a quagmire for an approach to peace.

I still dont know how the whole scheme got started, but people like Sharone or Arafat, I believe perpetrait such things as this to occur, because without it, their positions hold no purpose.

that was the firts time someone agreed with me on this board...ahhhh.

but anyway, i think the biggest threat to isreal right now are those 6 yearolds making grenades, cnat shoot them cause their cute and all.

CptStern said:
what an idiotic statement

if a little kid with a bomb came up to u yelling allah ackbar, would u hesitate to shoot them?

Back