YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!

Krynn72

The Freeman
Reaction score
Vs0YA.jpg

Finally, after years and years of trying I've managed to conquer the entire map in Rome: Total War. I've been through a myriad of lost saves (I believe I've been within 20% of having the entire map about 4 times now, each time loosing the save file while reformatting or changing computers). Shit feels so good to have finally done it. I can finally say I have truly beaten Rome: Total War.

victoryp.jpg

So what is your greatest video game accomplishment?

Getting past the fourth level in Stuntman.

And i thought this thread was about something crazy, like Gabe had just announced the next installment of Half-Life or something...

im dissapoint. Good job tho, Emperor!

Having never played Rome: Total War.

Bitch, don't **** with me. I started executing all the civilians who caused trouble towards the end, and I'd be happy to continue this trend.

Bitch, don't **** with me. I started executing all the civilians who caused trouble towards the end, and I'd be happy to continue this trend.

This post combined with your avatar results in quite some lulz to be had.

Now if only you would have put this much effort into something productive...

Haha. I finally bought the game last Christmas, then discovered how difficult it is and haven't found the time to play more.

But now that I know you've managed to conquer the map after "years and years of trying," that's... well, that's kinda discouraging. :p

I joined a versus game in Left 4 Dead, and found myself in a good team.

My greatest videogame accomplishment is unlocking every single Goldeneye 007 cheat.

Beating Half-Quake Amen and Sunrise I guess.

You are ****ing awesome.

Also I 100%'d Kirby and the Crystal Shards.

It was my first 100%. I was giddy.

Getting all the gold gems in Mischief Makers. Probably the most rewarding accomplishment too, because the ending was awesome.

I hope that was on the hardest difficulty..

Hey Krynn, maybe you won't be so obsessed about legionnaires anymore?

Now it's time to play all the other more engrossing Total War games... like Medieval 2... where the pop makes you go on a crusade every 15 seconds and if you don't - he makes every pope-fan hate you.

Im gearing up to kill the pope. The ****er keeps telling me to stop attacking factions who attacked me to first, and when I procede to **** their shit up, the pope threatens me with excommunication and sends inquisitors. Good thing I got dick loads of assassins to sort them out before they get close. Im going to enjoy burning Rome.

Getting a SC2 beta key....

I have low standards, I guess.

Now it's time to play all the other more engrossing Total War games... like Medieval 2... where the pop makes you go on a crusade every 15 seconds and if you don't - he makes every pope-fan hate you.

I played M2:TW for awhile. I just wrecked the pope as soon as I could.

Hey Krynn, maybe you won't be so obsessed about legionnaires anymore?

Yep. Now I'm all about the Praetorians!

Now if only you would have put this much effort into something productive...

Hardy har har. Perhaps a pleb like yourself only has enough effort to accomplish one thing at a time, but we men of the Julii can take care of business and have our games, and dominate both.

I'm envious of all the pussy you will get as a result of this life accomplishment.

Congrats on conquering the whole map. I only once had the patience for that in the first Medieval. Usually when I win a campaign I start playing another faction.

This is a huge accomplishment, indeed. What was probably the hardest faction to conquer, Krynn?

I can definitely tell you're exited, Krynn72. :) And I can understand the feeling, too. Back when we were in elementary, when my brother and I neared beating Super Mario Brothers 3 we were so exited our ears glowed red. No joke!

As for my greatest video game accomplishment, hmmm........I have had alot of challenging moments in video games that I managed to Conquer (no pun intended), but I think my greatest accomplishment will be to convince everyone at Epic Games to port Gears of War 2 & 3 to the PC. Wish me luck..... :thumbs:

This is a huge accomplishment, indeed. What was probably the hardest faction to conquer, Krynn?

The Macedons for sure. They had taken over a huge bit of the map before I even really started looking at them. I sent out ships around 1/4 of the way through my playthrough to see the situation of the eastern part of the world, and I was pretty shocked to see they were almost in Egypt. And man, their hoplites with their phalanx formation messed me up good. When I fought them in large battles, it was next to impossible to win the battle without suffering huge losses because they would stretch so far that sending cavalry around to attack them from behind was impossible. Plus my archers weren't very effective against them, so it was all up to my infantry. If it weren't for their pilum (javelins) I would have been screwed in every encounter.

And taking their cities was an even bigger problem, since there was absolutely no space to maneuver. They place their hoplites in front of the breaches, and I use the left over onager rounds to try and take out as many as I can, and then it was just a ****ing meat grinder to get in. Once I got them to break I would send in the cavalry to chase them down, so they couldn't reform back at the city center, but even that was risky business because they often had more hoplites moving up.

Saving the gnome in L4D2. I've got it in Episode 2, but it felt more awesome on L4D2, maybe because I was doing it with a friend.

Finding the interest to get any character past level 50 in Diablo 2.

Indeed, Super Mario 64 star collecting was fun.

The other would be getting through the Xen levels in hl1 without cheating.

one.png

Maybe not the hardest, but one of the more tedious ones. Then again I still haven't done the gnome shit on ep. 2.

Indeed, Super Mario 64 star collecting was fun.

The other would be getting through the Xen levels in hl1 without cheating.

Did you have that much trouble with it? Can't you change the difficulty at any time in HL?

Me and a friend managed to keep the Russians at bay during the Finnish Winter War in Hearts of Iron 2. By September 1941 Moscow had fallen because the computer still thought Finland was the most important front of the war, at which point we decided we'd won.

Fully completing Perfect Dark probably, took me ****ing ages. Also recently, completing all the combat challenges on Batman AA, some of them were just eye watering tough.

Back