You can help get Firefly back on the air

taviow

Tank
Reaction score
Most likely a big (and cruel) joke, but Firefly fans have taken it seriously.

Nathan Fillion has recently stated in an interview that the first thing he'd do if he ever won $300 million from the lottery is buying the rights to Firefly and producing it himself, distributing it on the internet.

As a response to that statement, fans have launched a web site and a facebook page with the objective of helping Nathan buy the rights to it.

A bunch of people from the former Firefly team also have already responded, read this page for more details.

Edit: The site is not yet accepting donations, they're currently waiting to see if they can get enough support. And yeah, remember guys, it was just a joke when Fillion said it. :S

Mother of God.
What has he done?

Now I've no choice to but to donate my life savings to the cause. :O

They should use Kickstarter for something like this. That way people just "commit" to a donation and when the committed amount reaches the goal amount it is withdrawn from people all at once. That way theres no "oh shit, we only got 20,000 dollars, guess we'll keep it" kind of shit.

EDIT: Oh they've got a different pledge system. That works too I guess. Also they said this in the FAQ:

5. Use kickstarter.com – Great suggestion, and that will make sense when we’re looking at the cost of producing the content. We don’t think we can use that to acquire the property as part 1, but we’re going to find out early next week.

Guess they're on top of things.

I read somewhere that it would be impossible either way because Fox would never give up the rights to it even if Fillion had the money. Its an ambitious effort, but it would be silly to get your hopes up :(

Does anybody else here actually think that Firefly was complete as it stands? I say don't mess with it! Any reboot would be shitty and you know it.

Eh, if they disregarded the events of Serenity then a reboot would work quite well.
I don't think anyone has aged too much to be unable to reprise their roles.

Though, a few of them would certainly have to get back in shape.

I'm unsure if he got fat or muscular.

Him and Alan Tudyk.

Back