You know those bouncy castle things?

Krynn72

The Freeman
Reaction score
Apparently you can fly in them.
2BKDhVp.jpg

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/two-boys-hurt-when-wind-blows-bounce-house-20-feet-n104391 said:
Two little boys are hospitalized after falling about 20 feet when a strong wind swept their backyard bounce house into the air in upstate New York.

The small inflatable was staked to the ground when a gust suddenly uprooted it Monday afternoon, South Glens Falls Police said.

“It was like a horror movie,” neighbor Taylor Seymour told the Glens Falls Post-Star. “It just kept going up and up. It cleared our building and the trees.”

A 6-year-old boy tumbled out and landed in the street. A 5-year-old ended up in an apartment building parking lot.

Both were in serious condition when they were airlifted to Albany Medical Center, police said. Their names and injuries were not released.

"Although the investigation is continuing, the incident is considered a tragic accident and no charges are pending," police said.

NBC affiliate WNYT reported that after the boys fell out, the bounce house continued to float in the air, eventually landing in the field behind a local school.

It wouldn't be much of a leap to guess that the parents didn't secure it properly.

More than just securing it, it's hard to imagine a sudden wind capable of doing that without it already being windy enough for the parents to decide it probably isn't a good idea to let their children play in a giant inflatable toy.

Why do I remember reading a story almost exactly like this one a few years back?

That looks like a fair bit more than 20 feet to me

That looks like a fair bit more than 20 feet to me
Logic tells me that picture was taken after the kids fell out of it, and it was able to float much higher.

It also would have been difficult for someone to quickly snap a good photo like that in what must have been a short time span while the kids were inside.

It also would have been difficult for someone to quickly snap a good photo like that in what must have been a short time span while the kids were inside.

Unless someone planned the whole thing and was prepared.

He took so much joy in it that he stuck an iOS color filter on there.

Back