**** you Nintendo!!

Reaction score
But you'll never get to play it. Goldeneye was set for release in the middle of this year, until it was canceled in late 2007, apparently at the behest of Nintendo. As Oddjaw tells it, Nintendo America boss Reggie Fils-Aime was supposedly completely behind this idea, knowing well what the project would mean to gamers, especially when the deal was sweetened by Rare's offer to port the game to the Wii, while making the rest of their back catalogue available on the Virtual Console.

The agreement between the parties allowed the game to be developed almost to completion before Nintendo's Japanese boss Satoru Iwata decided that under no circumstances would Nintendo allow the game to see release on another platform. While Ninty apparently have neither rights to the code nor any legal means to block the release, it's rumored that the threat to Activision's relationship with Nintendo was enough for them to disband the project. Had Rare ported Perfect Dark, we would presume that Microsoft would have happily told Nintendo to turn their objections sideways and shove them somewhere unconfortable - but with Activision as the middleman, Nintendo were able to halt the game

http://www.andyraeside.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/goldeneye_scans/page1.jpg
http://www.andyraeside.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/goldeneye_scans/page2.jpg
http://www.andyraeside.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/goldeneye_scans/page3.jpg
http://www.andyraeside.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/goldeneye_scans/page4.jpg

This news angers zryuken.

Satoru Iwata, you have crossed the line.

/Asus pulls out his N64 and plays Goldeneye

Disappointed though I may be, I liked Perfect Dark better, and Rare could remake that on the Xbox Live Arcade without Nintendo getting in the way.

****. I used to play Goldeneye all the time with my bro back in the day. From the screenshots, it looks like it would have been awesome on the 360. So, I agree...**** you, Nintendo. >8(

/shrug

I play PD and Goldeneye all the time on my N64 anyway, I sold my 360.

The hell. Activision is a lot more important to n then n is to Activision.

Iwata, you just crossed the line...

No more my friend! No more...

(No more what exactly remains to be seen! I don't buy Nintendo stuff in the first place, my roomies do :) )

F*ck.

However...

Disappointed though I may be, I liked Perfect Dark better, and Rare could remake that on the Xbox Live Arcade without Nintendo getting in the way.
This.

Hopefully if they decide to do that they can recycle some of the code they used to revamp the Goldeneye engine. Just so it's not a total loss.

I'll take comfort in a Perfect Dark revamp. But this is such a shame.

Damn japs.

Didn't bother reading the thread and have no idea as to what it is about, I just wanted to say **** you Nintendo too.

You guys would actually want to play it on the 360?? I would LOVE to see it where it belongs--the Wii!!!

I never really followed Nintendo. They produced Gameboys and they were always there with some fun for Mario and his good ol' Kart, but I could never understand why one would want to play a FPS on it.

I never really followed Nintendo. They produced Gameboys and they were always there with some fun for Mario and his good ol' Kart, but I could never understand why one would want to play a FPS on it.

Gameboy:
database-hardware-gameboy01.jpg

Nintendo 64:
9-65.jpg

:p

meh you gives a shit about your stupid little games that were made before you were born! the past is for chumps LIVE IN THE NOW ..put down the freakin pac man, put away the pong, stop smoking the pipe, it's time for kicking ass and chewing bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum so here's some ass chewing instead

I could never understand why one would want to play a FPS on it.
Srsly?? Here's just one example of why:

IGN said:
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: Call it a first- person shooter or a first-person adventure -- doesn't matter. I call it the best game on Nintendo's console. Not only do the new controls respond quicker and with more precision than any dual-analog-helmed FPS ever created, but the gesture system works brilliantly, too.

/shrug

I play PD and Goldeneye all the time on my N64 anyway

/Asus pulls out his N64 and plays Goldeneye
*high fives*

I'm actually kinda happy about this, rare should have stuck with nintendo all along. Maybe they would have actually still made good games instead of the crap they made for the xbox without nintendo's guidance

I would hate to have seen goldeneye on an xbox anyway, it would just be wrong, and most likely flamed by little kids saying halo is better.

(ps, how the hell can you hate the n64 controller anyway, i've never understood that. It's not like you hold all 3 handle things at the same time! It was the first controller with a thumb stick and a rear trigger iirc, and it's really comfortable and easy to use)

Srsly?? Here's just one example of why:

Who said I ever agreed with IGN :/

I never could get the hang of Goldeneye, it was far too hard for a start, and I'd much prefer to be playing the more "fun" games on the 64. Even the PS2 I disliked when it came to FPSs. I think the only console I've really gotten on with and any FPSs have been the XBox. I have no idea why.

This does rather suck. I still have my original N64 and Goldeneye (also Perfect Dark which is better) so it's not like I'm hurting to play it ... but the updated graphics and online play would've been a nice treat.

/me pulls out emulator and maps buttons to 360 controller.

Too many buttons. D:

My PS3 controller ironically had the exact number of buttons I needed, but then I had to map the PS button as well, and having two functions on one button hurts.

Oh dear god I can't breathe.

This is the worst news....ever.

Seriously. It's worse than the time I fought a hobo downtown for a piece of candy.

Dual KLOOOOOBBBBBBBs.

Blatblatblatblatblatblatblat.

I loved kicking my friends asses with dual klobbs. Its insult to injury, and they're always like "wtf, you cant kill shit with klobbs!" and i'd be all "klobb klobb klobb klobb"

Using the Bob is a crime against humanity. It defies the Geneva convention or something.

Just don't do it.

Too many buttons. D:

My PS3 controller ironically had the exact number of buttons I needed, but then I had to map the PS button as well, and having two functions on one button hurts.

Actually, one of the actual button layouts on the game makes have controls exactly like halo 2. It's rather nice. Bind A to Y on the xbox for switch weapons. z to rtrigger. And the c buttons to the right thumbstick. you can set r to the right shoulder button if you want.

Back