Your funny experiences during the Half Life series

G mod-

Suspend and lock breen's desk in mid air. Spawn metrocop. Connect rope to Metro cop and suspended desk.

Let the metrocop run to me for about 15 feet, then unlock the desk, desk goes flying super fast from the tension and slams into the running metro cop throwing him about 30 feet with the signature Metrocop scream.

Let me use my grammatical powers.

You can save Manhack Matt from the manhacks that attack you both.

However, after you progress down the level and return, you will find him dead. With a manhack hovering over him. Clear?

Wasn't you I had a problem with. It was the other dude.

G mod-

Suspend and lock breen's desk in mid air. Spawn metrocop. Connect rope to Metro cop and suspended desk.

Let the metrocop run to me for about 15 feet, then unlock the desk, desk goes flying super fast from the tension and slams into the running metro cop throwing him about 30 feet with the signature Metrocop scream.

You, can, connect a rope... to a NPC?

YOU SPEAK OF MADNESS!

Noclipping in Opposing Force, Chapter 'The Package', where the security guard denies you access until you've iced all the enemies. Leave the enemy by the bomb and move into the secure area, move to the window where the Gman appears to be resetting the bomb, and their both at it!

I apologize for my lack of knowledge, but here goes...

In Half Life 2, theres a part where your stuck in a deep drain and gotta pull a switch for an extremely slow platform to bring you high above. Well once your reach the top, many combine soldiers would come.

Well Lol, when this one was running towards me, I used the Magnum Pistol and shot him. He did a shooting star press and fell down into the drain.
I also love how soldiers fly backwards after you hit them with the Pistol

at the beginning of ep1 when you're in the citadel, just after you get out of the van, there's a part where the wall explodes and Alyx says something like "zomg unstable!" but I was eager to get to the loading screen so I could go to the bathroom and the wall exploded right next to me and threw me into the chasm, and my screen went red and Alyx was like "GORDON!" ...that kind of cracked me up.

OMG I have a new one. I recently played through the HL2s again. In HL2, there's a part where you're in sewers below the big warehouse thing where you first fight the Combine Elite. Anyway, in the big drainage area, there's a couple combine and one gets eaten by a barnacle (which always cracks me up, he just runs RIGHT into it's toungue haha), then the last combine guy has to fight like six zombies.

WELL.

They were slowly ambling toward him and I thought I'd toss a grenade down there to see how many I could take out. I threw it and it landed RIGHT between the combine's feet, and he didn't notice. All of the zombies reached him, and it blew up ALL of them! I was like 8O HAHAHAHAHAHA YYYEEEESSSSSS.

It was awesome.

EDIT:
This totally doesn't have to do with anything game-related, but I was just listening to "Seaside Rendezvous" by Queen, and I suddenly pictured the whole gang singing and dancing along with it showtunes style, with Gordon singing as Freddie.

It made me giggle.

on Nova Prospect, I had named the first 4 antlions that I had, one of the glossy green ones I named Rodney, had survived until I got the prison entrance (If he didn't then it was another Rodney) and he flew at a chopper, at that moment I shouted "RODNEY NO!!!" and at that second he was hit with a rocket.

During Route Kanal, with the part that you hop on the train and onto a platform, I managed to get there before it came with the Organic Grav Gun, and just as soon as it came by, I stuffed a Metrocop between one of the cars. The game crashed.

What has the Super Grav Gun got to do with that...??

using the super grav gun to pick up a combine and swing him and kill all his mates.

i also killed my self with that gun.

Sticking combine in unwanted places i assume.

A funny (frustrating) experience for me in Half Life was with a very determined bullsquid, on hard mode outside the silo with the tentacle inside, who would repeatedly do its spin attack and knock me straight into the toxic pit every time i spawned.

I have a habit of getting autosaves in the worst possible places, for example falling hundreds of meters to your death with an apache shooting at you.

During Point Insertion, when the MetroCop tells you to pick up the can and put it in the trash can, thats where the funniest moment happened. Instead of putting it in the trash can, I threw the can at the Combine. He then sparked his stunstick and ran for me. He chased me all the way out of the building. It was hilarious.

During Point Insertion, when the MetroCop tells you to pick up the can and put it in the trash can, thats where the funniest moment happened. Instead of putting it in the trash can, I threw the can at the Combine. He then sparked his stunstick and ran for me. He chased me all the way out of the building. It was hilarious.

...nooooo? Really?

Not so much to do with the game itself, but I had a friend come around for a sleepover, and we were up to the second turret-combine thing at Nova Prospekt. We could not beat it. We were constntly saving evrytime I killed one without being hurt, but we just stopped from the excrutiaion. The next morning, my friend left and I decided to give it another shot. After giving the shotgun to about two combine, Alyx pops down. I was all like, lolwut?

ive always like throwing garbage at combine in the begining of hl2 :LOL:

Start Gmod, bind "kill" to a key on your keyboard, choose the G-Man as your player character, run towards a wall, jump, press the "kill" key and have a look at the G-Man flying and crashing into the wall. Makes me laugh every time! Also funny is suiciding in CSS, with some of your friends. Let someone throw his AK-47 straight up and press the "kill" key right before he catches it... Hilarious!

Half Life 2 Episode 2, Riding Shotgun...

'Physcannon_mega_enabled 1' in console...

Pick up the Muscle car with the super grav gun...

Enjoy...:cheers:

Not really a personal experience, but...

Do you all remember in the first Half-Life that scene where a scientist jumps right through a glass window as a zombie pursues him? I played through it again recently, and right after crashing through, he says "Hello there!" sounding all unconcerned and shit. He does it occasionally, and I've always laughed at it.

Anyone grabbed something with the gravity gun, lobbed it into the air only to have it land on you again and kill you?

In Smod when you shoot a Dropship with the Strider Cannon it will start spinning around at a rapid speed
Its odd

Anyone grabbed something with the gravity gun, lobbed it into the air only to have it land on you again and kill you?

I don't generally throw things up in the air :p

But I've thrown things at things which in turn crush me. That's a pain in the arse.

In Smod when you shoot a Dropship with the Strider Cannon it will start spinning around at a rapid speed
Its odd

Oh God, you're back, and the first post I see from you mentions Smod

<insert Sgt Tibbs here>

In HL2 I just replayed recently. I was near the end were you have to defeat the striders at the ruin with the horse statue. A strider was preparing it's super weapon right on my position so I turned around and sprinted, then I jumped to jump of the floor but was a tiny bit too late tho, I heard a big bang right behind and flew skyhigh way off the map, but didn't loose much health tho :p
I was outside the map running on air lol and ugly bitmaps, lol, but i find my way back inside the map without reloading. It's right at the start of the map, you can jump back in.

i got stomped by a strider whilst trying to run away from it in mid jump in follow freeman and i ended up flying through the air and landing above the rooftops on a part where there's a physical model there but no textures so it looked like i was floating. i didn't get a screen cap though.

I've also managed to pin a combine soldier to the wall of a building using the crossbow :D not really funny but it was cool

I've also managed to pin a combine soldier to the wall of a building using the crossbow :D not really funny but it was cool

at the end in episode one, where you have to rescue those rebels and lead them to the train, some combine rappel down the building. so, just as they rappel down, pick your crossbow and pin them on the wall. looks funny when 6 soldiers are dangling on the wall. i'll take a pic if i get it done again.

Back