Your Game of the Year (HL2 Excluded)

Rome: Total War

Although I had bunch of fun with UT:2004, Farcry, Doom 3 and World of Warcraft too.

WoW ....and I dont even like fantasy themed games

World of Warcraft all the ****ing way.

UT2004
R:TW
World Of Warcraft
Halo 2 MP

In order.

I'm liking the amount of love UT 2004 and R:TW are getting :D Awesome games.

Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal. My favorite series besides HL.

Mechagodzilla said:
Metal Gear Solid 3. It's even better than both MGS 1 and 2.
I concur 110%! :D

Kojima = God-Like Japanese Man Who Makes Funny Game Titles Like "Snake Eater".

Gothic 2? Oh, that's one month away from 2004.. uh.. It's either RTW (Awesome) or Riddick which I have yet to play. But will soon. I'll be sure and report back. :thumbs:

I'd say Far Cry, after that, Total War.
With HL2 involved, I'd say Far Cry, then HL2.
Even though I think HL2 > Far Cry. I'd explain but I'm really tired and can't make sense of anything right now.

RTW (including HL2)

simply the best strat game ever created, completely free form campaign as apposed to wandering through a blown up city thats 100% linear.

Well, my top 7's list:

1) WoW
2) Riddick
3) Halo 2
4) Snake eater
5) HL2
6) RTW
7) FSW

My top 10

1) Ninja Gaiden
2) Burnout 3
3) Half-Life 2
4) Rome: Total War
5) Thief 3
6) World of Warcraft
7) SC: PT
8) Far Cry
9) Halo 2
10) Beyond Good and Evil

Actually i'm not sure wheter Far Cry is better then Halo 2, or Halo 2 is better then Far Cry.

I wish they would port Ninja Gaiden to the PC.
;(
My GOTY list would change drastically.

WoW, so god damn addicting, plus doesn't have some of my least favorite MMORPG features

Is World of Warcraft that addicting?
Some of my friends are very interested. I would've considered playing World of Warcraft, but unfortunately, I'm not able to pay the monthly fee since I'm only 14. I don't want to bother my awesome parents.

Yeah i can't afford the monthly fee either, as i dont have a job right now. So i bought WoW with the intention of playing it for one month and then coming back to it whenever i have enough money for Gamecards and shit.

Its a simple, addictive little game thats just alot of fun, especially when you're doing quests in party's. Some people are blown away by it, but i just think its a really fun little game.

Holy shit! I just had an idea.
They should make a Ninja Gaiden MMORPG game!
You could have over one billion different kinds of combos!
:D:D:D

Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay - Developer's Cut

Without a doubt, World of Warcraft. That's including Half-Life 2 as well.

Call of duty: united offensive best expansion pack ever!!!!!!!
Why has no one else metioned this?

And is riddick really that good? im considering getting it.

I think I already posted in this thread, but I had to comment on WoW again after I played a bit more of the game.

I am level 22, almost 23 now and I am having so much fun. It's such an amazing game...If you haven't played it yet, play it, you'll fall in love. I have so many people to play with as well. Many local people and also people from school. It's great. Going solo is ok too though :)

At the rate I'm going I wont know the best one this year until next year.

Top Secret said:
Gothic 2? Oh, that's one month away from 2004.. uh.. It's either RTW (Awesome) or Riddick which I have yet to play. But will soon. I'll be sure and report back. :thumbs:

(I quoted myself! :LOL: )

Update:

Well, after shelling out thirty bucks (Right now, I can't believe I payed that much for a game like this.) for Riddick, i've concluded that it kicks ass, and that it is my pick for game of the year over Half-Life 2. (Half-Life 1 is still my favorite though. :p )

Top Secret said:
Well, after shelling out thirty bucks (Right now, I can't believe I payed that much for a game like this.) for Riddick, i've concluded that it kicks ass, and that it is my pick for game of the year over Half-Life 2. (Half-Life 1 is still my favorite though. :p )
I think i'm over the FPS genre.

Because if Far Cry, Halo 2, Half-Life 2 and Riddick are the best games that can come out of it....they really aren't any match for the kind of fun i've had with games like KOTOR or WoW. The only one that i actually thought was really good was Half-Life 2 (obviously), and i haven't touched it since finishing it again.

But i am really interested in Pirates, as it sounds kinda like WoW but offline.

Well, other than HL2... The games for me deserving to get a GOTY award is... Halo 2!!!

Halo 2, Doom 3 and Unreal Tournament 2004 all get 1st place for me

Sparta said:
I think i'm over the FPS genre.

Because if Far Cry, Halo 2, Half-Life 2 and Riddick are the best games that can come out of it....they really aren't any match for the kind of fun i've had with games like KOTOR or WoW. The only one that i actually thought was really good was Half-Life 2 (obviously), and i haven't touched it since finishing it again.

Kotor was probably my 3th or 4th favorite this year. Awesome game. (Riddick---> Half-Life 2---> KOTOR---> UT2K4--->Far Cry)

Burnout 3 or Halo 2. Haven't tried any PC games of note (except HL2). Will try WoW ASAP.

Back