Your hands down 100% favorite game.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Played it when I was a little kid and still do.

Duck Hunt [first game i ever played]
Delta Force:Black Hawk Down [played since its relise back in 02/03]
Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield [solid fps one of the best there has ever been]
Planetside [greatest mmo ever made]
Red Alert 2 [all round solid rts]

Most influential games in my life:

Starcraft
World of Warcraft
Final Fantasy 8
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
Donkey Kong (Country 1/2) + 64
Half-Life
Counter-Strike
Commander & Conquer: Red Alert
Phantasy Star Online
Diablo II
Chrono Cross
Zelda (Twilight Princess, Ocarina, Link to the Past)
Unreal Tournament
Quake III
Icewind Dale I/II
Soul Calibur
Tekken Tag Tournament
Time Splitters
Power Stone
Sonic Adventure
Skies of Arcadia
Pokemon Red/Blue
Mario Six Golden Coins
Mario Party
Pilot Wings
Mischief Makers
Gex (1/2/3)
Banjo Kazooie
Spiderman (snes)
Super Mario Brothers
Mario Brothers / Duck Hunt
Thinkin' Things
Jump Start 3'rd Grade
Devil May Cry
R-Type (snes)
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Onimusha 1/2
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Natural Selection (Half-Life mod)

Just to start... so hard to pick favorites. (I apologize for double post)

Hurm.

Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time, possibly? Whilst not as timeless to me now (esp. not after having played Twilight Princess) it's a real strong benchmark for me in all my time of gaming.

DOOM

If I could take back the hours I spent playing this game I wouldn't need anymore weekends for the rest of my life.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - did the game better than GTA3 and I think the style is still the best. If there was a PC mod for GTA4 of VC then I would buy GTA4 again to get the mod.

others:
Street Fighter 2
Half-Life
Counter-Strike (prior to version 1.4)
TIE Fighter

All these top 5's and top 10's are stupid.

Just say your most favorite game of all time. You also get 3 honorable mentions.

So instead of top 5 or 10 we do top four?

Half-Life 2.

4 favorites are not the same as 1 absolute favorite and 3 honorable mentions, it's totally different.. Why must you insist on trolling every thread I create to argue?

Why must you take every slightly negative thing I say as trolling?

Also, wouldn't your favourite game plus three honourable mentions be your numbers one, two three and four on your top four list?

the game that i am ALWAYS up for playing would definitely have to be rock band, 1 or 2.

Had to give it a long hard thought, and while there was a lot of stiff competition, my mind kept returning to one game.

Deus Ex.

Also, wouldn't your favourite game plus three honourable mentions be your numbers one, two three and four on your top four list?
Your 1,2,3,4 is the same as his #1 plus honorable mentions. But your 1,2,3,4 is not the same as 4 games listed without rank.

Yes, if you were just listing four games there wouldn't have to be a best or least best. The point I was trying to make was that 1st and three mentions (even though the honourable mentions aren't ranked as such) is pretty close to a top four list. Close enough to provide an amusing hypocrisy to the original post.

Not to mention asking for just ONE favorite video game is just stupid.

yyyyyyeah. It is. Do you have just one favorite song? Or one favorite food?

If you have absolutely ONE favorite of anything, you're probably a very boring person.

Or maybe most people do?

Seriously, nowadays who really has ONE favorite thing from one general category?

Single favourite game?

I'll tell you after I play Red Alert 3. That's looking very much like a prime contender for best game eva right now.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SHOC - Oblivion Lost Mod 2.2

Being able to speak the language is a plus :thumbs:

You can speak Russian, while at the same time not being in Russia? *lefty's awe of Koola grows*

Quake 3 lost to many days and nights and its all coming back web style dang!!!!

Chuckie Egg never gets old

yyyyyyeah. It is. Do you have just one favorite song? Or one favorite food?

If you have absolutely ONE favorite of anything, you're probably a very boring person.
Gee, thanks. Bitch.

:p
The reason I prefer Heroes 3 over Counter-strike source is that I can play Heroes 3 on this laptop, but not CSS. Also, let's face it, CSS isn't all that great in single player mode. The bots are very predictable at the best of times. Heroes 3 is just plain simple brilliantnessssss.

Has to be Ocarina of Time.

Only slightly besting Goldeneye; Mario 64; Perfect Dark; Dark Forces 2; Vice City; Abe's Odyssey; Half Life; Half Life 2 and it's episodes; Portal; Mario Kart; Sonic 2; Streets of Rage; Morrowind; Last Ninja 2; Midnight Resistance; Altered Beast; Turtles in Time; Space Station Silicon Valley; Street Fighter 2; Mortal Kombat; oh **** it.

We all know how it is, there are some games that will always get mentioned in these threads. I still <3 OoT.

since i have to pick 1 as my all time fav i will go with
Duck Hunt on NES
:E

Of all time? Half-Life.

Recently? CoD 4.

Honorable mentions... too many to name.

Gunstar Heroes. There will be no "honorable mentions" from me because nothing even comes close to standing on the same plateau. Other games do not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath. Among games, Treasure's masterpiece stands alone!

Zelda II: NES
Crystalis: NES
Dragonshirt, you're my only ally in a world that hates Zelda II and has forgotten all about Crystalis.

Back