Your TF2 Experiences

Shem

The Freeman
Reaction score
This thread's purpose is to write about your memorable Team Fortress 2 experiences. They can be funny, serious, or even disgusting if the situation ended in a 'BOOM'! I will go first.

Today I was playing on pl_badwater. I was on the BLU team as a Heavy, and I was doing pretty well. We managed to push the cart up to the first checkpoint without much difficulty, and we eliminated most of the guys trying to push us back. As we tried pushing the cart to the second checkpoint, it started getting more tougher and tougher, and we were taking casualties from Heavy/Medic pairs. We had about five minutes left, so a person on the microphone decided that we should all switch to Sniper. I basically ignored him because I knew that wouldn't work, and I kept trying to push the cart, to no avail. I looked at the scores, and I saw that almost everyone was a Sniper, so I decided to join in the fun.

For about two whole minutes, literally everyone on the BLU team was a Sniper; however, in the end, we lost.

There you go - post your TF2 experiences!

Was playing a map called King of the train, which has a control point on a moving train circling the area. I was camping in a shed as Soldier, just being bored. I fired a random rocket out the door for no reason, AS THE TRAIN COMES BY, and it hits a Sniper trying to cap it. I laughed for a full minute.

*Takes a drag on a cigarette*

Recently, I took a mission for RED in Hydro. The moment I arrived I noted that the mission counter would be up in a few minutes, and our team was sorely pressed. Our unit consisted of soldiers, medics, demomen, a heavy, and a few engineers, but we were being pushed back to our last defensive point.

Over the comm, someone relayed the situation. "Push forward," he said angrily, "how are their snipers killing all of us?! They've got a medic...who just uber'd the sniper. What the--" at this point he launched into expletives. I checked my watch, rushed up beside my beleaguered teammates holding their position just beyond the sniper's line of sight. Cloaking, I slinked in.

Beyond the rocky cavern, I could see the BLU-held base, with a number of snipers--and that particularly deadly medic-sniper pair--a few engineers, and assorted other defenders. I walked into their base, carefully avoiding their defenses, and stood on the cap point.

And I waited.

Our team made a desperate charge, and the BLUs went out to meet them. The medic-sniper pair slowly advanced as the REDs were beaten back; all the defenders, all the other snipers, even some of the engineers simply walked out of their base. Leaving me to stand, still cloaked, on the capture point.

I could hear that RED soldier in my ear, whining about the team's performance. Complaining about how we lost the round. At which point I decloaked, the capture point made its familiar hiss, and I hear, "Wait, we're capping now? How are we capping?"

The BLUs streamed back in. I put bullets in their heads. An engineer tried to move me from the point forcefully with a shotgun, and I jumped around him on the rails and put a knife in his back, never straying further than a foot from the point. I killed that medic-sniper team. More defenders ran in. All were summarily felled, and I capped the point as I calmly reloaded my revolver. My team rushed in just then to sweep into the base and clean up the stragglers.

This story is not so remarkable, though. As a spy, this is simply what I do.

*Flicks cigarette*

My god Darky...

Film it for us next time, then voice-over it with a good French accent.

i remember a time when i got ubered like 7 times in a row and i nearly took out all of them to win the game. when are they implementing recording??

~

this?? whats the command prompt line or does this just do it automatically??

Just today on pl_Badwater (Blu team), we ran out of time seconds after reaching the second to last point. If the timer runs out on the cart, game's over. We managed to get the cart all the way in for a win. High fives were had all around.

damn dude, those are really rare but once you get some momentum going its a sure win

I have no story for you, just a screen shot.

pwnage.jpg

;)

I dont have much of a story to tell because I cant quite remember how I pulled it off. I was having that awesome round that all TF2 players have experienced at least once where I was having too much fun to care. The only reason I got the screenshot was because I had the auto screenshot at the end of round feature enabled.

Has anyone been on Blu team on the fifth control point of Dustbowl and been on the receiving end of total domination where Red team has your entire team pinned down in the spawn point? It's good times when you're on Red, exasperating when on Blu.

Once they get three sentries set up in the room just outside the spawn point, it's almost impossible to get past. I've been on both sides of this kind of domination, and have never seen it broken.

It's kind of a rush no matter which team you're on... if you're on Red and you begin advancing on them into the bunker, you know that with a little teamwork, ownage is moments away. If you're on Blu and you start to get the hint that you're getting pushed back into your bunker too far, a fierce kind of panic sets in, because you know where that point of no return is and you can't let that happen.

I think a couple of Bonked scouts, an ubered spy and an uber+kritzkreiged heavy might get us past the door.

Agreed Adabiviak, that's just about the worst situation that can occur in TF2. What's best though is when Red pulls that push off after you capture the first point and you navigate as Spy past the massive freaking army of Reds crawling outside of spawn and sneak to the second point. And best is when there is an Engi or Pyro alone there and you have an amazing 1v1 duel, and then proceed to cap while all of Red rush as you capture the point in glory.

I understand 2 ubercharged demos is a good solution, but it's difficult to get them there without being slaughtered.

Back