Zombie Master review on ModDB

Sloth

Tank
Reaction score
ModDB has given Zombie Master a glowing review, along with a few new juicy screenshots.[br]

newsspacer.gif
[br]Read the Review here. After giving your eyes a work out I urge you to head over to the Zombie Master website and begin playing.[br]
Finally congratulations to the team, many of them members of Halflife2.net, on producing such an enjoyable game.

What I really didn't like about the review was the "OMFG THEY ARE USING STANDARD HL2 MODELS = UNPOLISHED" comment. Apart from that, it was good. Although I don't really have that many problems using the zm controls. :p

I've been playing this a lot recently and been enjoying it. The controls when you are Zombie Master do need some work. I like that the team has adopted the "release early, release often" methodology.

Woot!

ZM is also doing extremely well, one of the most popular mods on Steam at the moment... check the Steam stats page.

The buildup is agonizingly slow. Dying early means having to sit around and wait ages for a new match to begin. The controls are shoddy. The maps are woefully limited. The models are merely modified versions of preexisting Half-Life 2 materials. Everything in it screams ?early beta? and lacks the polish and total immersion of Natural Selection or Iron Grip.

F*ck!

But, it also doesn?t matter.

Yeah!

Definitely a great release with even more potential. I cannot though for the life of me spawn any zombies while ZM. Everyone yells nub and says "double click nub" and I quadruple click on the spheres and nothing. And yes I click with the left mouse button.

I guess the reviewer didn't know you could be like a spectator as ZM by pressing shift. :p

It's a job well done guys, I think it's unfair to be reviewed so harshly on the first release, although probably isn't often they get to review HL2 mods, since hardly any get released.

There's more coming. Soon.

I just tried it out and right off the bat was the ZM. very fun once you get the hang of it.

I haven't downloaded this yet. I think I will when I get home tonight.

Good mod with great potential. Its a shame the rounds take so long - they should probably be capped to 5 minutes, with maps/objectives adjusted accordingly.

I had a lot of fun as Zombie Master on the large city map - wasteland I think its called.

I don't know if this mod was announced before or after 'Left 4 Dead', but they are almost identical in concept. This mod should easily fill the void before the official game's release.

We started ZM long before Left4Dead was announced.

What I really didn't like about the review was the "OMFG THEY ARE USING STANDARD HL2 MODELS = UNPOLISHED" comment. Apart from that, it was good. Although I don't really have that many problems using the zm controls. :p

yea its a mod. ive seen so many mods die due to being far too ambitious. ZM did the right thing and modded hl2, didn't try to make an entirely new game.

obviously that was a good strategy. they can always replace models later on.

Back