Zombie Mod Possibly To Be Included in CSGO

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
(via Ennui at CounterStrikeGO.com)

A tweet from the official CS:GO developer Twitter @csgo_dev has hinted at the eventual inclusion of a CS:GO game mode based on the popular Zombie Mod for Counter-Strike: Source sometime after the release of Global Offensive. In response to a question asking if they will include a Zombie game mode, Valve responded “We have talked with some of the guys supporting this” and “will have them ready to go as soon as we can but it will be post launch”.

zombietweet.png

Given how vague this information is, we don’t know anything for certain. It’s possible that Valve will be including Zombie Mod as a core game mode in CS:GO, or maybe they are just supporting the ZM development team by facilitating their independent creation of a version of Zombie Mod for Global Offensive. Either way, fans of Zombie Mod should be excited because we now know for sure that we’ll be seeing it in CS:GO, although not until after Global Offensive is released sometime this summer.

We’ll keep you posted if any more information comes to light about this!

(Thanks also to ríomhaire for submitting the news via our Contact Form).

Some dude who I don't remember (sorry) actually posted it in the chat and I copied the link and stole all the credit. I guess I'm just a dick.

ríomhaire absolutely not. We may have missed it if it wasn't for you so keep it up!

/me disables tagging Alerts
/slap Vegeta897 and ríomhaire

I'v never actually played the Zombie Mod.. think I'll check it out. Downloading the mod now.

zombie mod? goddamnit. so sick of the zombie fad

Often I think we've been utterly bombarded with excessive zombies games / mods or modes in games and that someone will eventually call a day on it. But then...someone makes something with zombies in it and from the woodwork come countless amounts of people who profess to ADORE ZOMBIE GAMES. As if they haven't had enough. I don't know under which stone they live.

AFAIK, the CSS zombie mod was hugely popular (as is the zombie mode from the COD games) so it seems the more serious shootah' fan is a new breed of player who enjoys some competitive downtime getting impressive KD ratios against the undead.

Let the community do the zombie mods.

You know what zombie modes have done to CoD.

It would be cool if they began absorbing mods as game modes more readily in CS:GO, kinda like they have done with maps and hats in TF2. The zombie mod is a sizable part of existing CS, so there is no reason why they shouldn't cater to those people as well.

Survival based game modes are extremely popular right now, with the torrent of tower defence games and horde modes. There is just something uniquely enjoyable about a slow moving threat in a cooperative game, it creates ramping tension and there is a clear measure of challenge as time goes on. Zombies just happen to be the most convenient fit for that type of game play.

That and people are obsessed with apocalyptic scenarios nowadays.

Back