Zombies: Your Favourite Way To Kill Them?

What's your favourite way to kill zombies?

• Fire Trap

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Car Trap

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Spin-a-blade Trap

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Gravity Gun/Gas Can(ister)

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Gravity Gun/Sawblade (or Trap Knife)

Votes: 48 31.4%
  • Gravity Gun/Barrel of Flammable

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Gravity Gun/Harpoon

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Gravity Gun/Misc. Blunt Object

Votes: 13 8.5%
  • Shotgun

Votes: 34 22.2%
  • Other Gun/Crowbar

Votes: 13 8.5%

• Total voters

Maronan

Reaction score
In or out of Ravenholm, anywhere in the game. What's your favourite way to kill zombies?

Edited to add: My favourite has to be the car trap. As much fun as it is to hurl exploding barrels, there's something almost hilarious about dropping cars on people.

Cinderblocks ftw.

Oddly enough, it is vastly more difficult to play through Ravenholm with just firearms than with just the gravity gun.

How bout magnum shell to the face?

Makes me giggle when they do backflips.

I like just tossing an explosive barrel into a horde of them and watch the parts fly :)

right-click of the shotgun. Point blank range into the headcrab on it's head.

Personally I love luring them into sniper fire and watching the shooter decrab the bastards.

I like unloading the inexhaustable supply of SMG bullets into them at close range.

I voted sawblade, but the car traps and spin-a-blades are pretty kick ass too.

Car traps.

Sawblades and the propeller trap come in close second and third positions, though, followed by heavy objects like car parts and cinderblocks. Also, watermelons!

Cinderblocks ftw.

Oddly enough, it is vastly more difficult to play through Ravenholm with just firearms than with just the gravity gun.
Once, I played through Ravenholm using only the crowbar, on hard, and I've never been able to repeat that feat since without dying at least once in the process. :dozey:

How bout magnum shell to the face?

Makes me giggle when they do backflips.
They don't do backflips, no matter what you shoot them with. Most of the force is transferred to the headcrab, not the zombie. The zombie just falls backwards.

Now, CPs, on the other hand... whee! Someone should make a .gif of it.

i think if the zombies actually squished nicely (like antliion grubs) then car traps would be by far the best

Hitting a fast zombie in mid-air with an explosive barrel. Unbeatable. RPG comes pretty close though.

i remember the first fast zombie i killed. its the first one you encounter (obviously) and it was running at me and screaming and i was screaming and then it jumped at me and i just freaked and pulled the trigger of my grav gun which happened to have a sawblade ready and i chopped that f***er in half. took me a second to realize what had happened though :)

I'm going to have to say other. My favorite way to kill them is ramming them with a car.

They don't do backflips, no matter what you shoot them with. Most of the force is transferred to the headcrab, not the zombie. The zombie just falls backwards.

Now, CPs, on the other hand... whee! Someone should make a .gif of it.

I don't know what kind of zombies YOU'VE been shooting in the face with magnum shells. :hmph:

I like having my Overwatch friends kill the zombies.

Then I kill the Overwatch.

So, by the transitive property of Overwatch, I killed the zombies.

I like to watch them flail around on fire yelling about their icing.

So, gravity gun and a barrel or gas can.

:)

Never tryed it, but I'm assuming the matress is quite satisfying to throw in their faces.

Sawblade. Going through Ravenholm with nothing but the GG and sawblades is always good fun.

In or out of Ravenholm, anywhere in the game. What's your favourite way to kill zombies?

Edited to add: My favourite has to be the car trap. As much fun as it is to hurl exploding barrels, there's something almost hilarious about dropping cars on people.

Its a shame Valve didn't see the joke and used Pianos or Anvils instead :D

Plowing down zombies with a car engine has to be the most satisfying way to kill them.

I love chopping the zombies in half using Grav Gun propelled saw blades!

Back