I need the assistance of the community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by killahsin-[CE]
no its a health law book genius.

Thats my point.

you have no point. at all. you try to prove me wrong but screw up every time. dont blame me for your incompetents.

And second of all, gorilla, read what I posted. I never said I didn't like Valve. I've only posted 5 times now, and this and the fourth are the only ones over three sentances. I think Valve, personally, have gotten into a world of shit accidentally. Because of the advanced capabilities and the overall awesomeness of Half-Life 2, and the impact HL had on the community there has been a lot of hype and attention (some of it unwanted, such as insults and the hackers) to Valve and their latest product.

Its not April Fools is it ?

You yanks always get dates mixed up. Didn't yous celebrate 9/11 on the 12th ?

excuse me it is you whom is the repeated liar here. Not I, stedmans 4th edition is a lawbook(only problem is its a medical one, for medical administrators) and yes i do have it here. You can twist and turn as much as you like, my question is why are you here lying repeatedly ina forum, abotu the source of HL2 being leaked?

All your actions only suggest either you have an addiction to lying, or you are exceedingly young and trying to look big on soem forums.

First you say you have the source code, than you say you have compiled it, than u say public addmission is not admissable in court, than you quote a medical lawbook, which isnt even a LEGAL book, and base it on your claims, and at every turn you than admit you were lying.

That is my point. No i have not tried to prove you wrong, i have let yourself prove yourself wrong in every post.

Hard to search without a filename, make it quick the forum moderaterators are castrating us(the very ppl that buy the game, (I wonder if they are paid by Valve)

Actually, it is incompetence.

It spell checked it for you. Try putting in incompetence.

excuse me it is you whom is the repeated liar here. Not I, stedmans 4th edition is a lawbook(only problem is its a medical one, for medical administrators) and yes i do have it here. You can twist and turn as much as you like, my question is why are you here lying repeatedly ina forum, abotu the source of HL2 being leaked?

All your actions only suggest either you have an addiction to lying, or you are exceedingly young and trying to look big on soem forums.

First you say you have the source code, than you say you have compiled it, than u say public addmission is not admissable in court, than you quote a medical lawbook, which isnt even a LEGAL book, and base it on your claims, and at every turn you than admit you were lying.

That is my point. No i have not tried to prove you wrong, i have let yourself prove yourself wrong in every post.

no you have no facking point. and if i'm lying then i wont go to court, so like i said, what am i worried about.
and i said Steadmans: Torts 4 Ed. check on the LEGAL meaning of torts you ass.
and IN MY LIE I CAUGHT YOU LYING! that was the intention and BY GOD it worked!
lol :)

Teelie and AnubisTelorian:

i go by the first defenition since he is trying to argue with me about Law issues:

One entry found for incompetent.
Main Entry: in·com·pe·tent
Pronunciation: (")in-'käm-p&-t&nt
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle French incompétent, from in- + compétent competent
Date: 1597
1 : not legally qualified
2 : inadequate to or unsuitable for a particular purpose
3 a : lacking the qualities needed for effective action b : unable to function properly <incompetent heart valves>
- incompetent noun
- in·com·pe·tent·ly adverb

Most likely Kitarist. Unfortunately there are a lot of security precautions Valve have to implement. This whole thread is having highs and lows like a constipated weiner dog ;)

Originally posted by Kitarist
will be the game because of that source code delayed? :(

just a little bit, they have to rewrite stuff like the Network code, Administrative code etc. But i think it will be released sometime around christmass. Got to get the holliday shopping.

Like what? I loved Half-Life. I kno whow awesome Half-Life 2 will be. I don't want to be FORCED by ANYONE to boot into a Windows OS to play it. But i have no choice do I?

The point I'm making here is that if valve makes little baby step, they can do something great for a community filled with great people that love having choices.

Quake's Linux ports have been great, and they're relatively small. Granted, carmack's stuff is very platform independant, but wow, he still manages to make a great game and millions of bucks too. Everyone wins. I'm basically just BEGGING valve to do the right thing, and in doing so they'll earn more customers.

-mawst

chewy, your a silly boy you knwo that?Stedmans 4th edition is a phsyical book genius, that deals with medical administration law.

Torts, is only a subjucation of a section of law. Regardless, you have proved my point yes.

You have also proved your age, or mentality.

have a nice day chewy, see you on gamesnet.

Originally posted by mawst
Like what? I loved Half-Life. I kno whow awesome Half-Life 2 will be. I don't want to be FORCED by ANYONE to boot into a Windows OS to play it. But i have no choice do I?

The point I'm making here is that if valve makes little baby step, they can do something great for a community filled with great people that love having choices.

Quake's Linux ports have been great, and they're relatively small. Granted, carmack's stuff is very platform independant, but wow, he still manages to make a great game and millions of bucks too. Everyone wins. I'm basically just BEGGING valve to do the right thing, and in doing so they'll earn more customers.

-mawst

there is Linux Client code in there. maybe not during the initial release but soon after there will be the Linux Client released

don't use products of microsoft corp. guys lol... you all really lamos =)

chewy, your a silly boy you knwo that?Stedmans 4th edition is a phsyical book genius, that deals with medical administration law.

Torts, is only a subjucation of a section of law. Regardless, you have proved my point yes.

You have also proved your age, or mentality.

have a nice day chewy, see you on gamesnet.

you prove to me that you are right and i'll concede to the book thing.
however, you dont know the law sources i'm quoting from.

chewysplace - Just been reading some of your posts. Words fail me.

Ok, maybe I'm just totally clueless here but... What exactly can someone do with a piece of code anyway? People are making a big fuss over it, so I assume you can do something with all those numbers and letters.

Originally posted by D33
chewysplace - Just been reading some of your posts. Words fail me.

he also claims to be 30 and retired.

ban this mofugger

Originally posted by FriScho
just one question to Gabe: Will this delay HL2 even more? Or do you think you can stay on track with the release? I can't wait to PAY you MY MONEY to BUY HALF LIFE 2 *hint* :)

I completely agree with you. A leaked beta or something wouldn't be nearly as bad as this (you can't get any information from it). But damn whoever did this needs to pay.

Originally posted by G·Man
Ok, maybe I'm just totally clueless here but... What exactly can someone do with a piece of code anyway? People are making a big fuss over it, so I assume you can do something with all those numbers and letters.

uh yeah...something like that...

G-Man, the source is essentially everything that makes up the .exe you execute to play the game. People can insert viruses, hacks and cheats into it. People can also extract limitless CD-keys from it. People can even illegally use it to make their own games (if they really want).

Chewy, hes saying, shapen up and fly right or you wont be allowed to come here.

Holy $hit... I just read 34 pages of the most incoherent ramblings ever recorded in a newsgroup. Anyway... for everyone out there kicking and screaming about how someone stole his labor of love of 5 years, just stop the nonsense. The "source" that is being distributed is quite lengthly admittantly. but it is hardly 5 yrs. worth of work. About 75% of that time is devoted to content, or arwork, which the "hackers" werent able to hijack. Not to mention the fact that there are very few people out there with the know how to assemble ANYTHING out of the source that are stupid enough to try. The whole source theft issue is an awkward topic probably best summarized by OPFREAK about 3 pages back.

This, however, you may find interesting... in late August Electronics Boutique (stateside software chain) held their annual Management conference in the Las Vegas area. The usual management brainwashing mixed around with the latest industry news and expectations for the Holiday season. Enter "suits", I dont know if they were Vivendi reps or Valve reps, but they said not to expect it untill "Q1 2004". This was almost a month before the presumed release date. To make matters worse, EBgames website is posting the release date as Nov 14th now or something... Where does the bull$hit end?

So is that helpvalve e-mail still working or what? I tried to send an e-mail with a few locations of where the source supposedly is so Valve could squash them, but I got a returned e-mail with an User Unknown message.

Originally posted by chewysplace
explain..

I can't, words fail me. I will say that half your posts make me cringe though.

Originally posted by chewysplace
and you argue about my maturity? ...???

i'm not arguing, i'm saying you need to go crap on different forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back