119th TF2 Update

Ennui

The Freeman
Reaction score
<div >
119thupdatetf2.png
</div>
[br]
Hot on the heels of the last patch, Valve have released the 119th Team Fortress 2 update and it seems they're extremely pleased with themselves over it! In addition to a host of tweaks and fixes as usual, all players now display medals color-coded to show their TF2 veterancy - one medal is for those who played TF2 within the first 3 months of release, another for those who first played in the last year, and the third for all those in between.

[br]
You knew we wouldn't make you read through a mess of self-congratulatory back-patting if there wasn't some free stuff for you at the end of it, right? Introducing the Grizzled Veteran, Soldier of Fortune and Weekend Warrior medals. Let those young punks know they're fighting alongside a REAL mercenary with some tours of duty under his hole-riddled belt. You've put blood on the ground in your time. And now you've got the metal on your chest to prove it, son.
[br]
Valve also happily informs us that the cache size of the Team Fortress 2 game files has virtually doubled since release three years back; starting out at 2.45gb, it now weighs in at a whopping 4.83gb. Now that's what I call getting your money's worth! Changelog for the update found below, and by viewing the update page here you can see the entire history of Team Fortress 2 updates: fixes, tweaks, content additions and all.
[br]

• Added new items to commemorate our 119th (or so) update.
  • Fixed several issues with the Source SDK
  • Scout's "Retire the Runner" achievement updated to be "Kill a Scout while they are under the effect of Crit-a-Cola."
  • Added a 20% damage bonus to The Backburner
  • Fixed the Flare Gun's afterburn duration being lowered by the Flamethrower's duration reduction
  • Fixed the teleporter exit using the wrong particle effect
  • Fixed HUD damage indicators not appearing
  • Fixed Teleporters not reverting to level 1 when their other side is destroyed
  • Fixed receiving damage not causing view-kicks on players
  • Fixed Engineers &amp; Spies being able to circumvent build restrictions
  • Fixed Server Browser not saving filter settings properly
  • Fixed a client crash in the targetID on clients running custom HUDs

wait.... just a medal? it needs an associated hat or a symbol next to the person's name! how else will the losers who've been playing the game that long feel special? (L O L)

ohhhh, it shows up on the chest, nvm then

I played the game on release day and I got weekend warrior. Apparently a lot of other people are having this problem too. Hopefully Valve will fix it.

also it's worth noting the 29th is the 119th day of the year

This game is grossly over supported. How do you, Valve, have so much time to update this but to fix that simple stair exploit on Anzio in day of defeat source is an impossibility!! IMPOSSIBLE!!

I won't stand for it!!

What do we have to do to get the Medal?

Is it automatically awarded, seems to be on most Aussie servers that no one has it...

According to Steam forums they recalled them because they weren't being distributed properly. Even Robin Walker got the bronze one. They should be given out again when Valve have fixed them.

Ooh god damn it, I've spent more than a month of my life on TF2, and still I only get a bronze medal because I started playing 2 years after release.

those figurines will sell very fast

cant wait to see how are the others

very detailed hev suit one?

I played the game on release day and I got weekend warrior. Apparently a lot of other people are having this problem too. Hopefully Valve will fix it.

also it's worth noting the 29th is the 119th day of the year

I have the same problem, too. I've been playing even before they released the Medic Update, which was quite a long time ago.

LOL pyro nubs got their backburner damage returned. Am amused.

Ooh god damn it, I've spent more than a month of my life on TF2, and still I only get a bronze medal because I started playing 2 years after release.
They are veteran medals based when you joined the party, not how long you've been at it. It's basically a 'how dare you not by the orange box' on launch, which is a fair point because it was the best deal of all time and it was criminal to not. ha!

LOL pyro nubs got their backburner damage returned. Am amused.
Just to make you look really stupid, the backburner damage was never nerfed. Basic damage is still nerfed, but that's nothing to do with backburner damage.

As you reported it,

Flamethrower direct damage reduced 20%.

No distinction was made between the default flamethrower direct damage and the backburner direct damage. Your words imply that all flamethrowers, both, do 20% less damage.

the backburner damage was never nerfed.

If this was the case you probably should have said something about it.

And now because of your crappy comprehension we are all going to need a clarification on whether or not the backburner was truly taken down 20% originally, because as it stands now, it could be that it WAS nerfed yesterday, and has had its damage returned to as it was before, which would be quite on line with Valve's track record (note the fix for the flaregun), or it could be that it it WAS nerfed yesterday, and has had THAT damage increased by 20%, or it could be that it WASN'T nerfed yesterday, and has had it's normal damage increased by 20%. And as damage goes, it could have had it's direct normal damage increased, or its direct critical damage increased, or its burn normal increased, or its burn crit increased. Or decreased.

But I was just giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming that the essence of your reporting was that the flamethrowers were nerfed yesterday, and the backburner and flaregun were fixed today. Silly me.

Also, QQ firenub, go W+M1 with you backburner more.

Just to make you look really stupid, the backburner damage was never nerfed. Basic damage is still nerfed, but that's nothing to do with backburner damage.

Backburner damage WAS nerfed. That's why they buffed it again. All the fire pyro weapons were affected by the nerf patch, flaregun too.

As you reported it,

No distinction was made between the default flamethrower direct damage and the backburner direct damage. Your words imply that all flamethrowers, both, do 20% less damage.
Well that's funny, seeing as he only quoted exactly what Valve wrote in their update. He's not required to go in-game and make distinctions for anyone.

But please, continue QQ'ing. Am amused.

Come back and tell me when I'm wrong.

His attempt at humiliation falls short when it is clear that the original mistake was in his reporting. Your further attempt at trolling is equally inane and ridiculous.

But that's what I come here for, inanity and ridiculousness, so please continue.

His attempt at humiliation falls short when it is clear that the original mistake was in his reporting.
What reporting mistake was this again? The one where he quoted Valve word for word, leaving interpretation up to you, the person who misinterpreted what he reported?

But that's what I come here for, inanity and ridiculousness, so please continue.
Why come here for that, did your mirror get grease on it?

NICE! You insulted my appearance and character with a witty one-liner. You are indeed a master of the trolling arts, Sir Fishbulb. My poor smiling strider hangs his head in shame. You have truly defeated me in this internet duel of animosity. I stand corrected in every way.

Except no. I don't. I don't and never have claimed to make any accusations of failure in his well-defined responsibilities as a reporter of the news for this fine establishment. I prefer to maintain my own standards of truth, as they apparently far exceed those found in the journalistic integrity of this hellhole. You see, while he might be able to hand out his smut to you all and make you all wipe his ass with it while he complains of the grain of the paper, he will not smear my perfectly fecal-ridden newspaper back in my face without me pointing out that its his shit to begin with. He has passed your test of truthiness, but son, he has failed mine.

Taking yourself too seriously is so much fun.

I think he's trying to sound smart by using all those complex words.

You can find it in the second dungeon, after you pass the Keeper.

NICE! You insulted my appearance and character with a witty one-liner. You are indeed a master of the trolling arts, Sir Fishbulb. My poor smiling strider hangs his head in shame. You have truly defeated me in this internet duel of animosity. I stand corrected in every way.

Except no. I don't. I don't and never have claimed to make any accusations of failure in his well-defined responsibilities as a reporter of the news for this fine establishment. I prefer to maintain my own standards of truth, as they apparently far exceed those found in the journalistic integrity of this hellhole. You see, while he might be able to hand out his smut to you all and make you all wipe his ass with it while he complains of the grain of the paper, he will not smear my perfectly fecal-ridden newspaper back in my face without me pointing out that its his shit to begin with. He has passed your test of truthiness, but son, he has failed mine.

So you're wrong, you know you're wrong, but you're putting up a wall of bullshit to try and hide from it. Gotcha.

So you're wrong, you know you're wrong, but you're putting up a wall of bullshit to try and hide from it. Gotcha.

Well, if trying to convince people that reporting incorrect information and blaming the people for reading it is wrong, then I'm wrong. Nota Bene: this whole conversation has devolved into petty nitpicking, so if the powers that be won't stop it (because you're the ones I'm arguing with, T_T), I most certainly will.

Back on topic anyone?

Not only is it bad reporting, it's also "incorrect". You've been warned, Deks.

Hey fools, Dekstar didn't post this news, I did. You can choke on my dick MFL :p everything blockquoted up there is a quote from Valve.

I don't know what in the hell you're on about anyway - the patch from the 28th (#118) reduced direct damage from the flamethrower (not backburn) by 20%, and this patch buffed the BACKBURNER damage by 20%. Normal damage is still reduced, the backburner has been buffed (and wasn't reduced originally).

You can't blame anyone but yourself for not having reading comprehension.

TBH when I read it at first I thought the backburner damage had also been reduced. I don't know what made me come to that conclusion but you guys are being pricks about a small misunderstanding.

I'm just defending my news post. Got nothing to do with any other staffers arguing with him.

But the reflecting got a serious buff too. It's like they've separated the backburner and flamethrower more.

According to people on Steampowered (though how reliable are they?) the Backburner damage was originally reduced with the flamethrower and is now 120% of the current flamethrower damage or 96% of the original damage.

Back