Tank
Reaction score
This is on your main page
-----------------------------------

Half-Life 2 ETA

April-November 2004.

----------------------------------
What is that supposed to mean??
Are you taking info from all sources an since some say April and others say Nov. you just put it lk that?
But some rumours say even as soon as February.

It's a estimate, personally I think it might even be in 2005 :)

When Steam can hold the bandwidth of 80% of the action-gaming market.

THERE! PROOVE ME WRONG!! HAAAH! AAAAHAHAHA! AHAHahahah *begins to wheep* ahah... ahhahah.. waaahahah waaaaaaa!!

Yup, Steam needs to be updated severely. Its supposed to launch the next HUGE version of Natural Selection, and supposedly SvenCoop as well. That was 3-4 weeks ago. What the hell are they doing?! I used to love valve, but its starting to irritate even the fanboy I am.

If they cant even launch a MOD, how can they launch a GAME?

Marauder said:
If they cant even launch a MOD, how can they launch a GAME?

I could be wrong, but I'm sure there's a larger fanbase for Counter-Strike than HL/2.
I mean, I'd say half the CS players don't even know what HL is.. that's what CS retail has done to the community :| When it comes down to it, I'm sure alot of the people buying HL2 will be waiting for the mods, but, alot of the CS players, who don't associate the fact that CS is a mod of HL, won't buy it until they see CS2 in the stores.

Shuzer said:
I could be wrong, but I'm sure there's a larger fanbase for Counter-Strike than HL/2.
I mean, I'd say half the CS players don't even know what HL is.. that's what CS retail has done to the community :| When it comes down to it, I'm sure alot of the people buying HL2 will be waiting for the mods, but, alot of the CS players, who don't associate the fact that CS is a mod of HL, won't buy it until they see CS2 in the stores.

But that's not the point, maaan. Niether are released!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *gasp -- thump*

Their distribution system needs to be worked on. Until then, nothing will be released.

*sniff, sob... sniff*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *gasp -- faints*

Shuzer said:
But that could also be a good thing.. no CS players. The majority of them have a reputation as cheaters and kiddies who can't type without using numbers for letters.. I say we're better off without them ;)

Munro said:
It's a estimate, personally I think it might even be in 2005 :)

Don't put a smilie frigging face after it.

Fenric is right CS palyers r t3h N00bz0rs.

I think it'll be out before E3, or during the winter holidays.

Most CS players are n00bs, I agree, I haven't been playing the game alot as of late (3 years has been long enough a play time for me). But, I posted that as more of a thought, will HL2 have as large a demand and popularity factor on day 1, as CS did on day 1 of Steam?

hmm, actually, considering all of the media attention HL2 has received in one way or another, I'm sure it'll be just as bad on day 1 of HL2 for Steam as CS was

I play cs, i usually do pretty good. I dont cheat, and i hate cheaters. So when i play i infact only try to kill them....and since my name is Fogo -Newb of the Newbz- well then i can laugh at them and call there hackin ass a true really gay for hacking and call them even gayer for getting killed by a newb whos called a noob to the noobs.

Im not really a noob :)

I bought Cs as a retail but i figured it was Hl's mod in about a week. I didnt get Hl right away. Although i did later on, along with opposing force and blue shift.

Very fun games :). I play a few other ones like Sven Co-op, Day of Defeat and so on. I will just play the best mod\Hl2 itself i like. If hl2 seems to pull multiplayer off than the other mods then i will play Hl2. Its all about when its released.

Crap, wrong thread. :eek:

Well, to say at least something... 2005 = bad. :)

I really hope it's released no later than early June.

Oh Christ no.

EDIT: "What is this 'Half-Life'? Some kind of mod for CS?"

I say by the end of this year, we'll get an update. I see no way Steam will make it before the end of the year. One may clearly see that VALVe want's to set up their own distribution system, without relying on Sierra/Vivendi, Microsoft (ect, ect...), to toss their product to the wolves.

But, I'm being pessimistic for no reason. Steam works great for me. Heck, even my sister is using it to play on the LAN with me. But there still are preformance issues. You see, a 2.0 GHz machine probably won't meet too many preformance issues anytime soon, but a 450 MHz cardboard-and-cat-hair box would. And this Half-Life 2 thing should be capable on running on an 800 MHz machine, so it would not make any sense if the app you use to play online with would only run on a faster machine.

By the by, does Steam present any problems for anybody else here?

Back