2/3rds of Americans: creationism should be taught alongside evolution in school

mortiz said:
Oops, you spelt command wrong, quick change it before it becomes too ironic!

Dont change my posts, you silly little man:dozey:

CptStern said:
I guess you had an outdated book:

"... a sample of 1,600 people gives you a margin of error of 2.5 percent, which is pretty darn good for a poll. (See Margin of Error for more details on that term, and on polls in general.) Now, remember that the size of the entire population doesn't matter here. You could have a nation of 250,000 people or 250 million and that won't affect how big your sample needs to be to come within your desired margin of error. The Math Gods just don't care."

source

"The margin of error can be calculated directly from the sample size (the number of poll respondents) and is commonly reported at one of three different levels of confidence. The 99 percent level is the most conservative, the 95 percent level is the most widespread, and the 90 percent level is rarely used. For example, if the level of confidence is 99 percent, there is a probability of at least 99 percent that the "true" percentage in the entire population is within one margin of error of a poll's reported percentage. Equivalently, the margin of error is a lower bound on the radius of the 99 percent confidence interval."

source

I somehow doubt that this servey was taken evenly across the US.

Top Secret said:
I somehow doubt that this servey was taken evenly across the US.

well you're wrong:

"Results for this survey are based on telephone interviews conducted under the direction of Princeton Survey Research Associates International among a nationwide sample...."

it's accurate to a certain degree:

"For results based on the total sample, one can say with 95% confidence that the error attributable to sampling is plus or minus 2.5 percentage points. "

source

Back