I saw it again today.

I think I might just go see it every weekend until it goes out of theaters, seeing as how I've already seen it the first two.

Maybe by the end I'll have soaked up enough True Man Essence to rival, say, Chuck Norris.

Brilliant story, Harry. :D

That's what I was thinking. I do that to random shit/my roomates all the time. I'll be looking at the door, and scream, "THIS IS SPARTA!!!" and kick the door open...or kick people. Which ever is in front of me.

Seen it three times. Makes me want to strip naked and kill people with a spear.

300 got me kicked out of a buffet this morning. Went with my dad who since seeing it took it upon himself to see it again and memorized every line. As we get our food he looks at my plate and goes "That all your having" and I told him "yeah just some breakfast stuff". He says, no scratch that, screams "EAT A HEARTY BREAKFAST FOR TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!". I sware I see some lady duck out of the corner of my eye. I tell him "Dude shut the hell up your scaring people". It was useless D:. He goes "IT WAS NOT FEAR THAT GRIPPED HIM, BUT A HIEGHTENED SENSE OF THINGS". Than a guy next to him says to his wife "this is why I hate this place. This is madness" Apparently this guy has never seen the movie, because than my dad was able to say THE line. "MADNESS!? THIS IS SPARTAAAA!". At this point someone came up to him and said "We have to ask you to leave" to which my dad replied "I have to ask you to UGLY" and grabbed his jacket and pulled me out.

300 is the greatest movie ever.

Too bad my father would NEVER do that....
;(

Oh well, I'll just have to do it then.

if only he'd kicked him as well :D

[edit] pretty classic quote from the director:

"No one should ever take drugs, ever. I want to go on the record on that. But if someone was to slip you a mickey, I would immediately get into a taxi and go to an Imax screening of 300."

Classic quote from Production Designer Jim Bissell too:

"We basically crush the blacks, highlight the whites and amp up the contrast in mid-range."

And I thought they were exaggerating when they said it was a fascist movie! :eek:

Today somebody was ****ing with my locker. I busted his ass and started getting all wierd on him. He proceeded to say "You're ****ing crazy man!". I replied "Crazy? THIS IS MY ****ING LOCKER!" and I kicked the holy shit out of him.

I feel good now.

This film was ****ing shit.

Yeah well I saw it yesterday and I was disappointed too. It's not shit but it's not great either, it's just mediocre. The fighting scenes were decent but as for the story itself boooooooring. And IMHO those filters they used on this film were damn annoying, and I've seen plenty of other movies recently using stupid filters that boost the contrast and over saturate the colors. Get it through your f****** sculls it doesn't make the movie look artistic it just makes it painful to watch. [/rant]

300 got me kicked out of a buffet this morning. Went with my dad who since seeing it took it upon himself to see it again and memorized every line. As we get our food he looks at my plate and goes "That all your having" and I told him "yeah just some breakfast stuff". He says, no scratch that, screams "EAT A HEARTY BREAKFAST FOR TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!". I sware I see some lady duck out of the corner of my eye. I tell him "Dude shut the hell up your scaring people". It was useless D:. He goes "IT WAS NOT FEAR THAT GRIPPED HIM, BUT A HIEGHTENED SENSE OF THINGS". Than a guy next to him says to his wife "this is why I hate this place. This is madness" Apparently this guy has never seen the movie, because than my dad was able to say THE line. "MADNESS!? THIS IS SPARTAAAA!". At this point someone came up to him and said "We have to ask you to leave" to which my dad replied "I have to ask you to UGLY" and grabbed his jacket and pulled me out.

300 is the greatest movie ever.
ROFL :LOL:

Also, for the people who didn't like it: you should probably try to understand that we can see your point of view but don't agree at all. THe movie's awesome factor gobbles up any negative details.

Than a guy next to him says to his wife "this is why I hate this place. This is madness" Apparently this guy has never seen the movie, because than my dad was able to say THE line. "MADNESS!? THIS IS SPARTAAAA!"

AHAHAHHAHAH I actually lol'd for a second

I don't understand what's so great about it, really. It's like a movie trailer extended into a full film. It's barely watchable with the over-processing with color dodging and whatever the producers got their hands on. I don't get the story at all, you're basically just watching a bunch of pumped up guys walking around, fighting, walking around some more, in miniscule clothing. Slow motion in 2007? I thought the movie industry realised it's overdone now, yet I'm seeing it in a full fledged battle sequence in a supposedly acclaimed movie? Heck, that speed-up-then-slow-down is even in the ****ing intro of the Jay Leno show.

The buildup is pretty bad, you're expected to feel for these spartan warriors yet there's no character depth at all except for the still shallow leonidas.

The whole bluescreen thing makes the movie even worse. The worst scene is where Leonidas is yelling something after the two armies converse in the beginning, and by the reverb you clearly hear he's yelling in a tight hall space. It feels extremely shut in because of the pretty much nonexistant airspace around the characters (due to aforementioned bluescreen). The over glaring sun in some scenes really made me cringe. The film feels very rushed overall.

It's ridiculous what passes for films these days. It seems like the only reason people are into it is because of the "this is sparta" line, but I suppose I could be wrong.

CrazyHarij. Forget everything. The movie is simply "badass". It's a movie that when I came out of I wanted to kick some ass. It is a man's movie. A movie that is ment to bring out the ass kicker in you! The movie doesn't try to be anything else. If it tried to be something else and failed then yeah it would have been worse. However it doesn't. If you don't like movies centered around badassness or don't have an ass kicker in you then you will not like this movie.

CrazyHarij. Forget everything. The movie is simply "badass". It's a movie that when I came out of I wanted to kick some ass. It is a man's movie. A movie that is ment to bring out the ass kicker in you! The movie doesn't try to be anything else. If it tried to be something else and failed then yeah it would have been worse. However it doesn't. If you don't like movies centered around badassness or don't have an ass kicker in you then you will not like this movie.

Personally I don't think you can have enough hormones in your system without watching this movie....you just can't be a man without it!

*Goes to kick random peoples ass*

I wonder if the "THIS IS SPARTA" guy had any clue as to how popular that statement would make him on the internet.

And that's how Cole won the Movie Critics' Award in 2007.

I don't understand what's so great about it, really. It's like a movie trailer extended into a full film. It's barely watchable with the over-processing with color dodging and whatever the producers got their hands on. I don't get the story at all, you're basically just watching a bunch of pumped up guys walking around, fighting, walking around some more, in miniscule clothing. Slow motion in 2007? I thought the movie industry realised it's overdone now, yet I'm seeing it in a full fledged battle sequence in a supposedly acclaimed movie? Heck, that speed-up-then-slow-down is even in the ****ing intro of the Jay Leno show.

The buildup is pretty bad, you're expected to feel for these spartan warriors yet there's no character depth at all except for the still shallow leonidas.

The whole bluescreen thing makes the movie even worse. The worst scene is where Leonidas is yelling something after the two armies converse in the beginning, and by the reverb you clearly hear he's yelling in a tight hall space. It feels extremely shut in because of the pretty much nonexistant airspace around the characters (due to aforementioned bluescreen). The over glaring sun in some scenes really made me cringe. The film feels very rushed overall.

It's ridiculous what passes for films these days. It seems like the only reason people are into it is because of the "this is sparta" line, but I suppose I could be wrong.

QFT

QFT. CrazyHarij I think you don't see the forest from the trees.

I have to say I didn't notice a single one of those complaints, and neither did my girlfriend (yes she came willingly, and yes shes an abberation), so I'm not blinded by testosterone. I really did think that the movie succeeded in making an emotional (albeit simple) connection with the Spartans, and that both the artistry and fight direction were excellent and never jarring.

I have to say I didn't notice a single one of those complaints, and neither did my girlfriend (yes she came willingly, and yes shes an abberation), so I'm not blinded by testosterone. I really did think that the movie succeeded in making an emotional (albeit simple) connection with the Spartans, and that both the artistry and fight direction were excellent and never jarring.

Exactly what I've been saying about it. Personally, it WAS the movie that did the best job at attaching you to the Spartans emotionally. Just coupled with the art direction, made the movie flawless, and just one of the best movies of all time in my book.

The whole thing is supposed to be pure visual hedonism, and in that respect it succeeds utterly. Of course if you pick it apart flaw by flaw it's nonsense, but by doing that you're missing the point of the film.

It's like saying Sin City was rubbish because it was in stylised black and white, and as such you 'couldn't see shit'.

A man's movie? more like an adolescent's movie.

I almost wept for the Spartans.

I loved them and wanted to see them succeed.

don't feel bad, they got epic revenge at the battle of Plataea and kicked the Persians asses :D

Not to mention they tricked the shit out of Xerxes and massacred his naval fleet.

Greeks: "lol, if you attack this other greeks' fleet then we'll join your team k?"
Xerxes: "k, lol. Send in teh navies men!"
Greeks: "haha n00b it was a trap!"
Xerxes: "Noooooooooooooooooooo!"

Actually the battle at the end of the movie, where you see thousands of spartans? they lost that one too. It was the Athenians who destroyed the persian fleet. And it wasn't just 300 spartans who held off the persian army, there were a few thousand athenians and other greeks who fought as well.

Back