3rd person view in HL2 multiplay?

ductonius

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about how to code for third prerson view in HL2 multiplay. From what I've read the code is not included by default but then again I have not been able to find much information on it.

I know that thirdperson1 works to get 3rd person view but from what I've read about that it's not desierable for multiplay since activating it also activates all the cheats.

Before anyone asks: I have searched the forum archives.

Please..... help.....

Why don't you try gorden be used as different model, then set ur first person view behind and over the model. Maybe this will be easier, just like CSS or Deathmatch where u can view in third person but also u can rotate around him. Apply that to ur view instead of firstperson view. It seems like they already have done it for multiplayer. Pherhaps leave the first person view alone and add third person view and bind that with certain key so the player can switch between the two views. I havn't tried it yet, but my best guess it is a camera real world positioning, and binded to the keys(third person) for clearer view around.

Have you tried doing this in the console?

> thirdperson

or

> sv_cheats 1
> thirdperson

YourMom said:
Have you tried doing this in the console?

> thirdperson

or

> sv_cheats 1
> thirdperson

I know that thirdperson1 works to get 3rd person view but from what I've read about that it's not desierable for multiplay since activating it also activates all the cheats.

So I imagine he did :)

Search for "thirdperson" Find the command for activating thirdperosn Remove the CVAR_CHEAT flag from the definition of the command. You'll still have problems with Vehicles tho. If you plan on using those, check out this thread . I'll be adding my solution in a day or two.

Hello guys!
Personnally I know how to show 3rd person ( type thirdperson in the console, firstperson to go in 1st eprson view again )

However I have a problem with the weapon w_model: in fact the used weapon for 3rd person is the same as the 1st person one, so it sucks. Do you how to fix this problem?
INFO: it's not a problem with weapon_weaponname.txt because I set viewmodel "v_weaponname"
and
worldmodel "w_weaponname"

Any idea(s) ?

Back