5 great indie games for a price that you decide

Paulaner

Space Core
Reaction score
From Frictional Games newsletter:

The Bundle
Five independent game developers, headed by Wolfire Games, have joined forces and created a bundle of games. The bundle consists of: Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru HD, Penumbra: Overture and World of Goo.

Everybody that gets the bundle are also able to buy the remaining Penumbra games (Black Plague and Requiem) with a 75% discount (for only $5 that is)!

Go to the Humble Indie Bundle Website to check it all out!

Pay what you want & how you want
Get the bundle for the price that you feel is right. That is right, you pay whatever you like! You can choose to use PayPal, Amazon or Google Checkout as payment methods. Two charities, Child's Play and EFF, are part of the bundle and by default the donation is evenly split evenly between the games and charities. It is also possible to adjust how the donation is split, if wanted you can give it all to charity!

Cross-Platform: PC, Mac and Linux
That's right, not only do you get five games for a price you choose, you also get all of them for all three computer platforms.

No DRM
All games comes completely free of any copy protection or other cumbersome DRM.

Spread the word
If you think this bundle is a good idea, please spread the word using any means you see fit. Thank You!

Get the bundle here!

Wow this looks like a really good deal. I already have Aquaria and it is amazing, but I've been wanting to get it on steam..
Penumbra looks really good though. I'm still deciding on whether or not to buy this.

Awesome, I've been dying to play Gish ever since I tried a demo years ago.

I would have supported WoG back in the day if only they weren't so greedy.

Not getting anything from me.

I could pay 'em in rape dollars.

spidey-1.jpg

Jesus Christ, did you really have to post that entire picture?

Then why not donate something and send it all to the charity?

I hate it when they do this. It guilts me into paying at least a little.

I've been looking at this post for about 5 minutes. What?

Explain this or something.

I'm going to get this later, I'll probably donate $5 to charity or something like that

I've been looking at this post for about 5 minutes. What?

Explain this or something.

Probably something to do with how they charged 20 bucks for the game or something, then let thousands of people buy it for one cent. Greedy ****ers.

Anyways, I bought it. Where do I get the $5 coupon for the other penumbra games?

I was going to buy World of Goo the last time it was "pay whatever", but I forgot. So this is pretty ****ing sweet.

Man, this is sweet. I only have World of Goo, so this will be a great way to get all the others. What's that other game that looks like a Penumbra game but isn't but looks all spooky and stuff...? I forget where I saw it recently damnit.

Probably something to do with how they charged 20 bucks for the game or something, then let thousands of people buy it for one cent. Greedy ****ers.

This.

WoG is good, I liked the demo.

But it was absolutely not worth $20.

this was all worth it, and i feel like i can buy another pack for charity too, and send that to my friend

Paid 7.50, default dev/charity balance.

Some of the games look pretty sweet.

Paid 20. All to charity.

Been wanting to play World of Goo foreva.

Alright, I signed up for PayPal so I can buy this bundle. Is PayPal the best way to pay? PayPal says it takes 2-3 days to confirm that it's my account. Haven't looked into Amazon and GoogleCheckout.

The gift option is cool. I'm going to get this bundle for my nephew as well, a young technology guru who is turning 13.

Alright, I signed up for PayPal so I can buy this bundle. Is PayPal the best way to pay? PayPal says it takes 2-3 days to confirm that it's my account. Haven't looked into Amazon and GoogleCheckout.
Paypal can be very handy in the long run. Most of the time if I see a Paypal link I use that as opposed to going through the hassle of banging out my account and address details time after time, but for the same reason it makes me a bit nervous about security. Amazon keeps your details on file in the same way, so I guess they're a similar deal with the whole one-click convenience thing. I haven't tried GoogleCheckout either.

If Paypal account verification is still the same, then what they do is send a few pence/cents into your bank account and you have to confirm the exact amount when you receive it.

Paypal can be very handy in the long run. Most of the time if I see a Paypal link I use that as opposed to going through the hassle of banging out my account and address details time after time, but for the same reason it makes me a bit nervous about security. Amazon keeps your details on file in the same way, so I guess they're a similar deal with the whole one-click convenience thing. I haven't tried GoogleCheckout either.

If Paypal account verification is still the same, then what they do is send a few pence/cents into your bank account and you have to confirm the exact amount when you receive it.

I connected my debit card to my paypal account so I basically can just put that info in and it charges my debit card indirectly. It's kind of silly, but it's good if you want to just send money to someone without waiting for the transfer - like in this situation.

I connected my debit card to my paypal account so I basically can just put that info in and it charges my debit card indirectly. It's kind of silly, but it's good if you want to just send money to someone without waiting for the transfer - like in this situation.
Yeah, that's what I do too.

I purchased 1 for me, and then 3 gift codes. I sent all the money to the developers... supporting the people who worked their asses off to make these games, and in hopes they'll make more games in the future, and release them "pay what you want" similarly.

I purchased 1 for me, and then 3 gift codes. I sent all the money to the developers... supporting the people who worked their asses off to make these games, and in hopes they'll make more games in the future, and release them "pay what you want" similarly.

I'd rather pay charities and keep indie developers in the poor house so they stay indie and EA doesn't buy them and have them make poop games.

Are those games good? Man, I feel out of the loop. I like scary ****ing games. Too ****ing scary to play. Come back when you're feeling brave.

Pretty tempting offer for Amnesia. I'm going to try out the demo of Penumbra first, even though it looks to be horrifyingly awesome.

I had to stop playing Penumbra a couple times do to freaking out. Its not your typical horror game, theres not many jumpy parts, but relies more on a scary atmosphere than startling people. Much better than your garden variety horror games, in my opinion.

Preordered Amnesia too.

Anyone know how to get penumbra to run in windowed mode? There's no choice in options.

Back