7 Hour War

Raserisk

Reaction score
Hello all, Im new to the fourms so please dont flame me if there's already been a discussion on this.

Since the Combine conquered Earth in 7 hours, how do you think they did it? Maybe 1 hour per continent or not even needing that much? Do you think they used pure brute force of the Synths or analized which country would be better resistant and wiped out the U.S, China, EU, etc?

From most of the lore it would appear we had little chance to none, not even Nuclear Bombs would probably of helped us

I like to think they attacked the most important cities and locations of each country. Crippled military bases and stuff also. With all of our main defenses and stuff wiped out Breen surrendered us.

Most humans were concentrated inside cities because of Xen Wildlife that had become a huge danger outside all major cities, so the military was basically completely set on defending cities from outside attacks. Then the combine teleported massive citadels into the middle of all (or alot of) major cities, pouring out synths already inside the defense perimeters. Using nukes would become a dire choice (Nuke a citadel= Also nuke the city in which it was located, killing everyone in it). Add to this the fact that the military defending the cities would already be weakened by the Xen creatures and poof- seven hour war.

Damn that would suck big ones---Trying to escape the city but to be slaughtered by the mutant wildlife. Since most of the Xen creatures had escaped to Earth during the cascade---Why don't we see bullsquids, or houndeye's unless they had been hunted to extinction since HL2 takes place a couple of decades (What I heard) after HL1?

Damn that would suck big ones---Trying to escape the city but to be slaughtered by the mutant wildlife. Since most of the Xen creatures had escaped to Earth during the cascade---Why don't we see bullsquids, or houndeye's unless they had been hunted to extinction since HL2 takes place a couple of decades (What I heard) after HL1?

Possibly because these specific species did not survive on earth very easily, they could have made themselves extinct.

They are all alive and well most likely, we just don't see them in or around the City 17 areas in particular.

Possibly because these specific species did not survive on earth very easily, they could have made themselves extinct.

Or, a more plausible scenario was that VALVe just couldn't find a place for them in HL2 even though they had these creatures modeled and animated.

Before the final HL2 game came out when they were making what we know now as the Leak the houndeye's were soppose to be like K-9's that we see in our Police today I think.

Valve said the bullsquids are around somewhere, with the houndeyes too. There just isnt any around in Russia or wherever City 17 is.

Given the technology (plasma balls == cruise missiles?) and the isolation of all major cities, the Combine could have begun the attack by knocking down all worldwide communication with EMP and then taking out the military forces one continent at a time.

I wonder if there were six billion humanas still living after the Xen pretty much dominated the Wildlife.

Really doubt it. Many were likely killed during the first attacks or the subsequent raids, some other experimented on and turned into stalkers or overwatch soldiers and, if there were so many people concentrated in cities you would see quite a lot in City 17 streets.

Really doubt it. Many were likely killed during the first attacks or the subsequent raids, some other experimented on and turned into stalkers or overwatch soldiers and, if there were so many people concentrated in cities you would see quite a lot in City 17 streets.

No, no. I mean BEFORE the combine invasion when the Xen were flooding into our world forcing humans to move to Cities for more protection. If we still maintained over 6 billion people before the Combine invasion.

Before war Earth pretty ruined and in chaos. In addition to xen wildlife, there was also Portal Storms. Remember when blastwave from the Combine portal destroys bridge in ep2? Infrastructure, communications, resources, passages etc must have taken severe damage. Who wants to defend already destroyed and ruined country? Lowtech and overwhelmed Earth armies without supplies and morale were just snack to Combine.

I kind of wonder why we weren't hunting the damn Xen to exintiction, unless there were so many of them or they bred like rabbits!!

I suppose Xenian wildlife was being hunted down, but then the Combine came...
and you know the rest of the story.

im sure the xen wildlife drove almost all the other earth species into uder exstinction, much like clams or starfish native to Australia can whip out species in the atlantic (if the starfish and clams were brought there obouisly)

They were able to teleport anything anywhere they wanted to, and they did their homework. It's still hard to imagine the synths we've seen doing much against the USAF, so I'm wagering there was some mind-control and key infiltrations involved. Plus lots of stuff we haven't seen, as they couldn't have human combine soldiers.

They just left an occupation force.

this is were someone would say "Leave the dead alone" or "Dont gravedig noob" lol man i still dont see why people say that, its way to easy to bring a thread back to life, and the people who say that jest bring it back more and more.

well, the HECU did invade xen at the end of HL1 and i would guess that the shear abundance of xenian critters on earth would create a big enough distraction for "our benefactors"

well, the HECU did invade xen at the end of HL1 and i would guess that the shear abundance of xenian critters on earth would create a big enough distraction for "our benefactors"

Welcome to the site.

YEs, those Combine are less than reputable characters.

Yes, those Combine are less than reputable characters.

threads like these makes me wish for a game about the 7 hour war,
I imagine it would be little bit like War of the Worlds..

You mean a game like the player gets creamed , load save , creamed and so on?

no iam thinking singleplayer, where you would play as a citizen, trying to survive, meeting up with other citizens, with the atmosphere of the movies war of the world, and a little bit of cloverfield,

You have no idea what's going on, u grab a gun of a marine who is lying dead, and bit by bit u hear what's happening from other people and on the radio,
with a few other citizens u are trying to leave the city, you'll go to a deserted bunker a few miles out of the city, where u and some other survivers are trying to rest,
then you meet with some of the characters, and see how this whole resistance thing is beeing set up,
atleast it will fill the gap, we dont know exactly what happend, we only heard about it,

A co-op mod from the perspective of random rebel forces.

Now that'd be a cool thing to lay my hands on...

I have to agree that making it multiplayer would make more sense. That or some sort of free roam survival game where you have to outwit synths and use cover very effectivly.

but in the 7 hour war the are no rebellions, because the combine didn't settle on earth yet,
so you would play as a marine, or as a random citizen, i would like the random citizen one,
it will be like a rollercoaster ride, events after events happening,

What do the rebels have to do with anything? And it would probrobly be soldiers not marines , or both , most likely a JTF because they would muster every force in thier military to defend thier country.

Back