A Hiatus of Sorts

Maestro

The Freeman
Reaction score
I don't know that you guys have noticed, but I haven't posted at all in the last few weeks. I've realized recently that I've outgrown the need for this forum. I came to the realization when I foreswore visiting this place during spring break, and then I didn't re-bookmark it again. It's not that the conversation isn't interesting, in fact I've changed a lot of my opinions based on arguments I've seen here (I'm look at you, Sulkdodds). Thanks for that, guys. Really.

The fact is that I no longer need somewhere to escape the boredom and ennui that has plagued me in recent (read: high school) years. My life has simply become to busy and interesting for my justify the expense of time to keep up with the content generated here. I like y'all, but I can't spare the time. This summer especially, I'll be working in an occupation with little internet access and far too much opportunity to be outside in truly beautiful countryside for me to be around much.

tl;dr, I won't be posting much if at all from now on. Perhaps one day I'll be back. If I ever get to travel like I want to, this will probably be the first place I post my experiences and photos.

I bid you ladies and gentlemen adieu.

SnKiT.gif

I didn't know there was enough posting going on to take a hiatus from

Congratulations, sounds like you've attained escape velocity.

Eh, happens to me all the time. I'll go through periods where I'm too busy with other things to visit, but I pop in every once in a while to comment on something :)

I have no idea who you are, but... but I just want to say... good luck Maestro... and God speed.

He's Maestro... his name hasn't changed. God you guys know nothing.

Who is "you guys"? Quix is the only one who got it wrong.

You don't even know who the **** he is. How do you guys not recognize some of the most prevalent forum members?

Because I was totally serious.

I was making a joke that he was making this big thing out of 'leaving' when he doesn't even post that much. Did you really think I didn't know who he was? I'm on here every day, all day. I also browse every section of the site instead of just off topic like you.

Because I was totally serious.

I was making a joke that he was making this big thing out of 'leaving' when he doesn't even post that much. Did you really think I didn't know who he was? I'm on here every day, all day. I also browse every section of the site instead of just off topic like you.

Sure I thought you didn't really know who he was. You said it. People have genuinely not heard of or don't remember members coming back onto the forum... and it boggles my mind that they have such a limited capacity.

Yes your dick is bigger Vegeta. You spend more time on the forum than I do, you know more people than I do. You're more intimate with this forum than I will ever be. That's totally what I was going for with my post...

Let's get mad when I objectively explain why I'm likely to know a person who posts on a forum I visit religiously. Was there a way that I could have possibly said what I said without you getting angry? Nope, every comparison I make between you and myself is a competition to you.

To think, all Maestro wanted to do was say good-bye to us, and this happened.

Oh, the humanity.

That's it I'm leaving too I've had enough of your shit, Taco.

Wait, you actually needed this forum at one point? Thats ****ing pathetic bro. Good luck on your quest of doing only things you absolutely need to do.

You'll be back, and in greater numbers.

I eagerly await the day that all of our brains are fitted with a wireless transceiver at birth, so we can be connected to the internet 24/7, and can mentally smack "ctrl + R" like monkeys without ever having to sit in front of a computer.

Eh sometimes people rely on an internet forum or whatever the **** for their social environment because for whatever reason it's unavailable to them elsewhere. Compared to the alternative (i.e. social isolation) it's not pathetic, it's proactive
Nope. Its still pathetic, because a social environment IS available to them elsewhere, no matter what the situation. Unless you're the sole citizen of an island with no infrastructure or means of sea/air travel. In which case you also dont have internet, so no, not even then is it unavailable to you.

God, you're all losers. Go out an get some real friends and stop looking at my post count, jesus.

Who are you? Oh well, it doesn't matter. You'll be back. They always come back.

Nope. Its still pathetic, because a social environment IS available to them elsewhere, no matter what the situation. Unless you're the sole citizen of an island with no infrastructure or means of sea/air travel. In which case you also dont have internet, so no, not even then is it unavailable to you.

God, you're all losers. Go out an get some real friends and stop looking at my post count, jesus.
Krynn I'm going to touch your butt and you better calm down.

Maestro we had conversations on Steam and you made me laugh and I just noticed after a long session of playing Prototype 2 and being an angry negro yelling at people that aren't my dead wife and daughter and shit that you messaged me and I feel really bad for not answering. Stay on Steam at least. pls

pls

This reminds me, what ever happened to Danimal?

Oh and uh, bye.
I've really never understood "leaving" the forums. Is it really such an all-or-nothing experience? It's a just a website on the internet, where we all gather for a good ol' finger pointin' session with strangers (winkface.gif). How do you "leave" exactly? It seems like such an overreaction to something totally minor.

Bye bye Maestro.

The fact is that I no longer need somewhere to escape the boredom and ennui that has plagued me in recent (read: high school) years.
Ennui's been plaguing you too? His raining frogs are ****ing evil.

Going into hiding, eh? Who'd you kill?

Later Maestro.

Whoa, sweet post count, Krynn.

Back