A mod that needs to be made - Aliens

Reaction score
An aliens mod for l4d really needs to be made when the SDK releases.

Think about it you can have the zombies changed to drones, the survivors to marines w/ the weapons.

The hunters could be changed to facehuggers or something, the smoker could just be a weird mutated alien w/ a much longer inner-mouth, the tank could be a queen, the boomer could just explode into acidic blood.

Plus there were tons of toy variants that I remember like the Locust alien / Gorilla alien (spit out acid blood long distances) / Bull alien, etc that could be made into new specials.

If you think about it, this might actually be easy to accomplish...

Yeah to get a playable version up all you need is a modeller to create the models and replace the originals.

Then eventually you could start working on other things like the newer special zombie/aliens and creating levels like going inside hives or overtaken moon bases and shit.

Hell there's even already an APC model right? hah ... hmmm *scratches head*... now if only I could parlay this.

Because l4d's "horde" a.i. direction, lots of similar creatures with a few special ons thrown in, co-op small number of people = aliens fitting feel to a T.

As opposed to running around as Gordon Freeman with a crowbar and smacking a re-modeled Ant-Lion as an Alien Drone in the back before you hop into your go-kart of doom.

I wasn't saying to use the same weapons, controls, and characters from HL. Where did you get that idea?

Edit: seriously, I just reread my first post and then reread yours and I figure you must of misunderstood me.

A GTA IV l4d mod needs to be made. I would love to see Zombies roaming the streets of Liberty City. :D

"What if this is first contact?"

"What if you're an idiot?"

I'd rather see L4D skinned and modded to be more like DOOM II Hell on Earth

Man, I was meant to post this too! But yeah I guess an Aliens-themed mod is bound to happen, such an obvious (but great) idea.

Just remodel and tweak the witch a bit, and you got yourself an Alien. Make it do less damage per strike, make it move a bit slower and when it dies it does some acid splash damage and so on. Then replace the regular zombie with it, and have the Director create a bit less of them.

Tanks can be Queens, Hunters Facehuggers etc, like you said. Survivors replaced with Marines, remodel the weapons (M16 replaced with pulserifle, for example) and grenades. You'd just have to code them the proximity detector or whatever the machine was. That thing really creates some heavy tension if/when you aren't faced with a constant stream of enemies like currently in L4D.

The core game mechanic of L4D is absolutely brilliant, but what I'd like is some variation in the missions. You could have the normal "move from point A to point B"-type things, too, sure. You could actually use regular survivors then, like "ohshi- aliens took over your settlement on planet x - ESCAPE!" But I'd also stuff for Marines like "go recover important cargo from a spaceship overrun by aliens" or "find survivors on a colony, guide them to spaceship, fuel it up, escape". You know, something along the lines of Zombie Panic, where you have different goals all the time while being constantly attacked by zombies. You could randomize the locations of key items like the cargo or survivors or fuel cells or whatever and let the Director handle the rest.

And survivors being Yautja rather than marines would be a cool alternative.

I'm not sure why L4D is the right game for this. I'm struggling to think of any similarities between any of the enemies in L4D and anything from the Aliens universe. The zombie Horde in L4D is basically a wave of mindless enemies that don't think, they just attack with mindless rage whilst it's the special infected that uses such a 'decoy' to dish out the real damage. Whilst the aliens in Aliens did sacrifice many to go up against the machine gun turrets, they are an otherwise extremely smart collection of creatures. If you ask me, a special infected in an Aliens universe would be a singular alien considering how agile, tactile, smart and dangerous they are alone (see; Alien, Alien 3))

I'm not quite sure it would feel like Aliens to me if I was wandering around stumbling into random groups of aliens standing around doing nothing, or mindlessly rushing me every two minutes from out of the blue, but that's just me.

An aliens mod for l4d really needs to be made when the SDK releases.

Think about it you can have the zombies changed to drones, the survivors to marines w/ the weapons.

The hunters could be changed to facehuggers or something, the smoker could just be a weird mutated alien w/ a much longer inner-mouth, the tank could be a queen, the boomer could just explode into acidic blood.

Plus there were tons of toy variants that I remember like the Locust alien / Gorilla alien (spit out acid blood long distances) / Bull alien, etc that could be made into new specials.

AvP2 was the best game that had aliens in it TBH, but saying that, its old and impossible to find, so yeah a L4D mod would be nice I guess.

Starcraft mod:
you fight waves of zerglings.

SHAUN OF THE DEAD PLZ

caps

L4D's developers were indeed thinking about Aliens when they made L4D. How do I know? One of Zoey's lines is "Game over, man! Game Over!"- a direct quote from Bill Paxton's character Pvt. Hudson in Aliens (sequel to Alien). I love that line, I loved the Alien movies, and I love that little easter egg every time I hear it. (edit: I originally thought she said this every time she goes up the elevator in No Mercy, but that isn't the case)

<pats self on back for sharing useless information>

Also, an Alien(s) mod would be wicked scary if done properly. More along the lines of, stay alive for x minutes in a cramped space station/ship (as opposed to run a great distance to get to an escape vehicle).

Also x2, "Alien" skin for terrorists in CS:S Zombie Mod >> http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/29498

Aliens mod for L4D would be absolutely terrific, but I mean, they do kinda have acid for blood.

Alright so:

Normal zombies = Drones
Hunter = Arachnoid
Smoker = ?? (no aliens have qualities like a smoker)
Boomer = Praetorian
Tank = Ravager
Witch = Either a Queen or a Razor Claws. Or a Queen Mother.

And survivors being Yautja
I love you forever for using their real name.

It would mean replacing every single voice sound file.

And a ton of animation work.

Well I still love the idea and to be honest it was the first thing I fought of when I heard the idea about l4d ;)

They've already got the dialogue;

"Game over man! Game over!"

Just make the regular zombies Dog-Aliens... stupid and week but fast.

meld aspects from the Hunter and Boomer together to make the human-Aliens. limit the jump attack range, increase their health, allow them to run faster and crawl on walls, and make them silent. oh and give them a awesome tail attak.

Just a though:
also you make a version that could turn invisible and crawls on walls. it would hang in the shadow nearby or cling to the ceiling and when the marines pass under it it spears one with its tail and runs off with the guy who takes constant damage. of course as soon as it attacks it becomes visible. it could crawl up a wall and when the guys friends shoot it the guy falls and takes damage.

Just make the regular zombies Dog-Aliens... stupid and week but fast.

meld aspects from the Hunter and Boomer together to make the human-Aliens. limit the jump attack range, increase their health, allow them to run faster and crawl on walls, and make them silent. oh and give them a awesome tail attak.

Just a though:
also you make a version that could turn invisible and crawls on walls. it would hang in the shadow nearby or cling to the ceiling and when the marines pass under it it spears one with its tail and runs off with the guy who takes constant damage. of course as soon as it attacks it becomes visible. it could crawl up a wall and when the guys friends shoot it the guy falls and takes damage.

But... the dog-alien wasn't stupid. It killed 90% of the Fury's prison facilities on it's own. None of the prisoners or staff officers were armed, natch, but it was still one smart mother****er when it came to singling out the prisoners and avoiding all the traps. The Xenomorph from Fury was as deadly as a Hunter if you are a survivor and caught alone with no one around to help you up i.e. screwed.

All Xenomorphs are pretty damn intelligent, I reckon.

Yep, incredibly. The only true sense of stupidity I can put my finger on is the blind rush they do against the marine auto-turrets in Aliens, considering that they don't bother attacking again even when the ammo is depleted when they could well of. Even so, they second hand the Marines by attacking from the roof which was damned clever and ended up killing Hudson, Vasquez and Gorman in the long run anyway. Win-win for them.

The only way it could work is if the four special Infected were four Xenomorph creatures of whatever kind and they are all that is to attack the player. That brings me round to think ''why would L4D be such a perfect game'' if one of L4D's core mechanics is it's random generator of immense numbers of mindless zombies throughout each map? I would hate to have to wade through gormless aliens only to get attack by player controlled Xenomorphs of a similar aesthetic.

Yep, incredibly. The only true sense of stupidity I can put my finger on is the blind rush they do against the marine auto-turrets in Aliens, considering that they don't bother attacking again even when the ammo is depleted when they could well of. Even so, they second hand the Marines by attacking from the roof which was damned clever and ended up killing Hudson, Vasquez and Gorman in the long run anyway. Win-win for them.

The only way it could work is if the four special Infected were four Xenomorph creatures of whatever kind and they are all that is to attack the player. That brings me round to think ''why would L4D be such a perfect game'' if one of L4D's core mechanics is it's random generator of immense numbers of mindless zombies throughout each map? I would hate to have to wade through gormless aliens only to get attack by player controlled Xenomorphs of a similar aesthetic.

And if i remember correctly didnt they also cut the power? Remember when Hudson lost the plot again and saying something alomg the lines of"what do you mean they cut the power?"
"How can they, their just animals" or something like that anyway.

Back